Overpowered/underpowered survey.

Started 6 Oct 2020
by omicidi
in Suggestions
-Savages anytime style should be nerfed. The idea that they can spam a high growth rate anytime is bananas.
-Animist root turrets
-BDs
-Theurgs pet spam
-Minstrels being able to charm a redcon pet
-necro melee absorb/Af debuff

Alb pet spam in general. It really is not fun at all to sit there and spend 90% of the fight dealing with:

Sorc times x pet
Cabalist times x pet
Minstrel times x pet
Theurg pet spam

I also think alb fights would be actually enjoyable to play against.

Buff:
-clerics and druids (most boring class to play)
-paladins
-runemaster: worst caster to play
-sm: slightly less worse caster to play
-NS: Celt race

Unpopular: I hate archers and assassins with a passion. They interupt fights. Hate them. But I also love them because this is one of the aspects that makes daoc interesting. Don’t nerf their damage.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:08 PM by DinoTriz
omicidi wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:01 PM
-Savages anytime style should be nerfed. The idea that they can spam a high growth rate anytime is bananas.

Savages shouldn't be spamming their anytime. Ever.

Unless you find yourself in a soloing situation, which...Savages are really bad at soloing.

They should be spamming their side chain. You should take a look at that Growth Rate
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:52 PM by Lokkjim
omicidi wrote:
-Animist root turrets
-BDs
-Theurgs pet spam
-Minstrels being able to charm a redcon pet
-necro melee absorb/Af debuff

Alb pet spam in general. It really is not fun at all to sit there and spend 90% of the fight dealing with:

Sorc times x pet
Cabalist times x pet
Minstrel times x pet
Theurg pet spam

I also think alb fights would be actually enjoyable to play against.

Buff:
-clerics and druids (most boring class to play)
-paladins
-runemaster: worst caster to play
-sm: slightly less worse caster to play
-NS: Celt race

Unpopular: I hate archers and assassins with a passion. They interupt fights. Hate them. But I also love them because this is one of the aspects that makes daoc interesting. Don’t nerf their damage.

Assassins are in a good place balance-wise, and you want to give the NS access to the Celt race? Why change something that works?
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:52 PM by omicidi
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:08 PM
omicidi wrote:

Unless you find yourself in a soloing situation, which...Savages are really bad at soloing.

They should be spamming their side chain. You should take a look at that Growth Rate

That’s not the point. That’s like saying a reaver should always Levi. Yes, they should if they can. Problem is is they can’t all the time and they’re very underwhelming in that situation.

Paper daoc is fun.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 10:13 PM by DinoTriz
omicidi wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:52 PM
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 6 Oct 2020 9:08 PM
omicidi wrote:

That’s not the point. That’s like saying a reaver should always Levi. Yes, they should if they can. Problem is is they can’t all the time and they’re very underwhelming in that situation.

Paper daoc is fun.

Lol you're the one playing paper daoc by looking at the GR of a style that Savages rarely, if ever, use.

Because in reality - side chain is extremely easy to pull off and it's MUCH higher GR.

What I'm trying to say is if you think Savages are too powerful, you should WANT them to spam their anytime because it sucks in camparison to what they actually use.

Reality daoc is fun.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 11:38 PM by omicidi
Dino, you’ve got like ten threads in the last month asking about various things and about being new. I appreciate your opinion and tenacity illuminating me on how to play.

Here’s the reality, unless I get caught, cc’d, a savage will not hit me with a side style and often resorts to unstyled attacking or hitting me with the taunt.

With that in mind, the unstyled growth rate is too high. If you’d like, we can duel and I can promise you that I’d mayweather the crap out of any positional you try to toss at me.
Tue 6 Oct 2020 11:49 PM by DinoTriz
Cool, I actually have a 50 Savage (RR4 or so) so I know what I'm talking about.

I'm by no means some pro player, but even I pull off positionals constantly it's not even funny.

Savages have one role. Target casters.

90% of the time you are chasing casters.

What do you use when chasing down casters? Back style. Which is way more powerful than your anytime.

The ONLY time you use your anytime is if someone (again, a caster or soft target) is facing you.

If one of your casters is stuck facing a Savage, you have worse problems than someone's anytime style.

Savages are glass cannons. They do ONE thing and it's arguable they're the best at it. Many people rather have a Berserker. They cannot solo, they can't even peel without going 29 Hammer for ONE back style. They small man or 8 man. There's literally no reason to nerf their anytime style.

They also literally do 16% damage to themselves every 15 seconds. 20% health if they spec higher.

Stop with the nonsensical knee jerk reactions.

This server is so weird.

What's next? You gonna nerf Friar endo regen? Lol
Wed 7 Oct 2020 12:09 AM by omicidi
Again, I appreciate your tenacity and ability to play a rr4 savage in a Zerg. So you played it what 6 hours in rvr? Surely my man, you’re a deep well of knowledge. You attacked what, casual players? This comment is based on your previous threads.

But again, If you never utilize the taunt—why care about a nerf?
Wed 7 Oct 2020 12:13 AM by omicidi
If you’d like to log onto your savage and duel me, let’s rock. I’ll show you first hand the difficulty it is to land a positional style without group intervention for the savage.
Wed 7 Oct 2020 12:26 AM by DinoTriz
omicidi wrote:
Wed 7 Oct 2020 12:13 AM
If you’d like to log onto your savage and duel me, let’s rock. I’ll show you first hand the difficulty it is to land a positional style without group intervention for the savage.

Did you not listen to what I said?

Savages don't solo. It's not a dueler class.

Of course you'd rock me in a duel. The fact that you keep referencing Savages in a duel shows that you have little experience with the game.

I've considered taking my anytime off keybind - that's how little I use it.

I wouldn't want it nerfed because it's useful for pve leveling (solo). And it doesn't make sense. You don't nerf irrelevant things just because you can.

If you don't trust my word - please feel free to ask any other Savage player and they'll tell you the same.

The same applies to melee players in general. Your anytime style is your last resort. Yes, even for Berserkers. Well, good Berserkers. Oh, and I have a 50 Berserker too.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 11:12 PM by Toss
So much crap in one thread Not much thought, just general whine
Fri 16 Oct 2020 6:57 AM by Sepplord
i disagree that you can dismiss someones arguments simply because they are low RR...
Typical ad hominem approach when the actual argument is hard to refute

But since omicidi seems to like that as an argument, i'll just chime in and add the information that the RR10+ svg from our smallman agrees that they are almost exclusively using side and backstyles
BDs are also completely overnerfed, you didn't even manage to mention what the problem is, but sure nerf further
Minstrels were also nerfed heavily a lot of times and really aren't OP anymore (still strong though)
etc...

Toss wrote: So much crap in one thread Not much thought, just general whine
yes, sounds like "someone died in an RvR zone" to me
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:50 AM by Centenario
I have not played savage, but I believe you have to use back or side styles for sure (like any melee class).
What I usually do on my melee is to use as back-up the best anytime style I got.
For savage it happens to be the taunt style.
Most likely the taunt style is used a lot by savages as a back up for their positionals.

It would be "bad faith" to say that you don't use the taunt style as a savage.
Of course people are not just spamming taunt style when in RvR, they should be using it as a back-up while trying to land their positionals.
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:58 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Centenario wrote:
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:50 AM
Of course people are not just spamming taunt style when in RvR, they should be using it as a back-up while trying to land their positionals.

You can't back up two positionals with an anytime; you're either using one positional and an anytime (which is the wrong way to do it), or you're using one positional backed up by another positional (the right way to do it).
Fri 16 Oct 2020 7:59 AM by Sepplord
actually, more often he is using the backstyle as backup for the sidestyle should he not hit the sidecone when someone is kiting him
When someone isn't kiting, hitting the sidecone is extremely easy on phoenix

but yes, the anytimer is not removed from the bar, that's why i said "almost exclusively" and i doubt any svg would care much what happens to his anytimer
That said, with styles being copied from live soon, the anytimer is getting a buff *lols*
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:21 AM by teiloh
Seriously, people need to stop crying about Minstrel pets. A red con has slightly higher resists and hp but their DPS is lower than an any baseline summoned pet (with few exceptions) because of how hard this server has reamed mobs and Minstrel charm.

A level 53 Ellyl sage almost does less DPS than a single BD caster pet.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:53 AM by ExcretusMaximus
teiloh wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:21 AM
Seriously, people need to stop crying about Minstrel pets. A red con has slightly higher resists and hp but their DPS is lower than an any baseline summoned pet (with few exceptions) because of how hard this server has reamed mobs and Minstrel charm.

A level 53 Ellyl sage almost does less DPS than a single BD caster pet.

Okay, first of all, red pets aren't "broken" due to their damage being high, they're "broken" because they interrupt through MoC, have the same immunity timers that players do when charmed, and are hard to kill. No one cares about their damage.

Secondly, a BD caster pet does not do the same level of damage as an Ellyl Sage; maybe they did before the nerfs, but that was a long time ago. You can drop all of the BD's pets in 9 seconds if you're hitting the commander solo, you're not dropping an OJ/Red pet in three swings / nukes.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:28 AM by teiloh
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:53 AM
Okay, first of all, red pets aren't "broken" due to their damage being high, they're "broken" because they interrupt through MoC, have the same immunity timers that players do when charmed, and are hard to kill. No one cares about their damage.

Secondly, a BD caster pet does not do the same level of damage as an Ellyl Sage; maybe they did before the nerfs, but that was a long time ago. You can drop all of the BD's pets in 9 seconds if you're hitting the commander solo, you're not dropping an OJ/Red pet in three swings / nukes.

The Ellyl sage does like 27-40 DPS on this server. I have parsed logs. A pathetic level 20-21 BD pet does slightly lower DPS *until* you drop a body debuff, then they pull ahead.

And you get TWO of them, AND they snare, AND they cast faster, AND they can be resummoned, AND they're not tethered, AND you can heal them, AND you can buff them.

My point is that they should be doing NOWHERE NEAR the damage of a sage. Ellyl sages got ****ed so hard on this server and they're not the only popular Minstrel pet to face the same treatment.

Red pet interrupt MOC at a rate of (mLvl - cLvl x 5%) which is not unmanageable considering all the other issues with the Minstrel pet now.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:01 AM by inoeth
you forgot AND they are dead with one hit
while the sage has alot hp AND heals AND does good dmg

poor minstrel
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:33 AM by Sepplord
teiloh wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:28 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 4:53 AM

The Ellyl sage does like 27-40 DPS on this server. I have parsed logs. A pathetic level 20-21 BD pet does slightly lower DPS *until* you drop a body debuff, then they pull ahead.

And you get TWO of them, AND they snare, AND they cast faster, AND they can be resummoned, AND they're not tethered, AND you can heal them, AND you can buff them.

My point is that they should be doing NOWHERE NEAR the damage of a sage. Ellyl sages got ****ed so hard on this server and they're not the only popular Minstrel pet to face the same treatment.

Red pet interrupt MOC at a rate of (mLvl - cLvl x 5%) which is not unmanageable considering all the other issues with the Minstrel pet now.

hold up hold up hold up
you are telling me that "midgard petspamm class" like other realms like to call it can pull a whopping 120-150DPS with it's Pets...at least until something sneezes in their general direction?
woar, sounds hella OP /s
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:49 AM by Astaa
On my ranger I can easily two shot a BD commander, pretty much before a BD even knows I am there, thus killing all pets. I'm not saying BDs aren't overpowered, in many situations they are but it isn't because of the pets...well it is if you don't kill them.

Mincers on the other hand are OP in pretty much every aspect of the game.

Speed
Stealth
Climb walls
Red pet or a choice of pet that heals (a lot) or casts strong DDs
two forms of CC
cure mez
SOS
2 ranged (insta) interrupt DDs
Ghetto group heal via RA
Chain armour

Simple solution, spread the abilities properly over another spec line, I don't know, make songs an actual specable line, separate to instruments. Make it a choice, speed/CC/demez/weapon or red pet/DDs/weapon. Give them a baseline spell, effectively similar to hunter charm as in they would have to gimp everything else to gain much more than a blue/yellow pet and put the existing charm in songs. Or give them less spec points. Make climb walls a 35 stealth ability. For light tanks make climb walls an RA like Live's non-RA climbing spikes and give it to other tanks too (perhaps on a longer time) which would give true tanks something to do other than sit in rams.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 11:46 AM by Siouxsie
Astaa wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:49 AM
On my ranger I can easily two shot a BD commander, pretty much before a BD even knows I am there, thus killing all pets. I'm not saying BDs aren't overpowered, in many situations they are but it isn't because of the pets...well it is if you don't kill them.

Speed
Stealth
Climb walls
two forms of CC
cure mez
SOS
Ghetto group heal via RA
Chain armour

Simple solution, spread the abilities properly over another spec line, I don't know, make songs an actual specable line, separate to instruments. Make it a choice, speed/CC/demez/weapon or red pet/DDs/weapon. Give them a baseline spell, effectively similar to hunter charm as in they would have to gimp everything else to gain much more than a blue/yellow pet and put the existing charm in songs. Or give them less spec points. Make climb walls a 35 stealth ability. For light tanks make climb walls an RA like Live's non-RA climbing spikes and give it to other tanks too (perhaps on a longer time) which would give true tanks something to do other than sit in rams.

Note: Minstrels can pull off that lame double ablative, where they have an ablative chant and it STACKS with an armor ablative.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 6:22 AM by Noashakra
Teiloh again defending his OP class, using fallacies as always
Again, nobody cares about the DPS of the red pet. It's a bag of HP, so it's impossible to kill in solo, and in groups, you need to focus your mage assist on it, and then if your clerics are not bad, they can heal it and make it survive, easy peasy.

Every time you post, it's an embarrassment man. You don't even play on this server, why do you keep posting?
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:12 PM by teiloh
Astaa wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:49 AM

Speed
Stealth
Climb walls
two forms of CC
cure mez
SOS
Ghetto group heal via RA
Chain armour

I love how you blatantly admit that your Ranger can chunk down a semi-buffed level 42 pet from 2000 range from total invisibility, and then complain about another class being overpowered solo. And clearly I'm not talking about the solo game, which is its own world in and of itself because of invisible characters doing 2h DPS from 2k+ range.

This "laundry list" argument applies to any class. You're not making a qualitative assessment of each component in your 'big list'. If Minstrels traded literally everything on that list, including chain for studded, and simply got bows + speed, Mid and Hib would consistently be prolapsed by Alb groups and zergs. Now, to reiterate how dumb this argument is:

Look at Pac:

Single Mez
AOE Mez
Stun
Single Amnesia
AOE Amnesia
Single Insta Mez
AOE Insta Mez
Slow
Single Insta Stun
AOE Insta Stun

That's ONE LINE from one class. The full list would also include

Group Heal
Minor Heal
Standard Heal
Greater Heal
Major Heal
Instant Heal
Spread Heal
Group Instant Heal
Rez
Spec Rez
Base AF
Base Con
Base Dex
Base Str

There is no pet the minstrel can charm that heals "a lot"

Horrible ideas and it's a good expression of the novel mental illness we call the Minstrel Hate Cult. 20 years and going.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:12 PM by teiloh
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 23 Oct 2020 6:22 AM
Every time you post, it's an embarrassment man. You don't even play on this server, why do you keep posting?

It's funny that you keep searching for my handle as a character name and thinking that's who I play.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:19 PM by teiloh
inoeth wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:01 AM
you forgot AND they are dead with one hit
while the sage has alot hp AND heals AND does good dmg

poor minstrel

evel 21 BD caster pets, unbuffed, no resist debuff - by comparison

https://pastebin.com/92Vg8eL1
999 damage in 1:09s = 14.5 DPS

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewto ... age#p55070
Ellyll sage damage: 1037 damage in 40 seconds = 25.925 DPS

Here is live, vs a 661 AF target with Croc ring (Sage is unbuffed)
[07:57:11] 9 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[07:57:11] The Ellyll sage hits you for 174 damage.
[07:57:14] 10 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[07:57:14] The Ellyll sage hits you for 195 damage.
[07:57:18] 9 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[07:57:18] The Ellyll sage hits you for 171 damage.
[07:57:23] 9 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[07:57:23] The Ellyll sage hits you for 174 damage.
[07:57:27] 9 damage was converted to endurance and power!
[07:57:27] The Ellyll sage hits you for 171 damage.

= 932 / 16s = 58.22 DPS. Even on live, a level 53 pet does about the same damage as a max level forest heart or Enchanter Pet on Phoenix, without debuffs. I don't have exact numbers, but afaik forest hearts nuke for 120-150 every 2.8ish seconds, and enchanter pets 150-180 every 2.8ish seconds as well (no debuffs)

Conclusion: complaints about Minstrel pet DPS are completely unjustified. Any nerfs done based on such conjecture should be re-evaluated, IMO.

lol "good dps"

I remember hunters crying because their wolves did 40-50ish DPS, and it got bumped up to 60-70. This goes to show that Minstrel Nerf Whiners do not understand game mechanics, and are simply regurgitating the lies of their cult.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:22 PM by teiloh
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:33 AM
hold up hold up hold up
you are telling me that "midgard petspamm class" like other realms like to call it can pull a whopping 120-150DPS with it's Pets...at least until something sneezes in their general direction?
woar, sounds hella OP /s

I play every pet class because I like pet classes. The BD pets are not nearly as easily killable as you're claiming they are. Few people have the luxury of individually picking out and nuking down your pets (which you have self buffed) when you're actively spraying their casters with LTs and Resist debuffs.

And if you're sacrificing your commander in a fight, you need to learn pet control, which is something every Minstrel needs to do well.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:22 PM by Valaraukar
teiloh wrote:
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:22 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:33 AM
hold up hold up hold up
woar, sounds hella OP /s

I play every pet class because I like pet classes. The BD pets are not nearly as easily killable as you're claiming they are. Few people have the luxury of individually picking out and nuking down your pets (which you have self buffed) when you're actively spraying their casters with LTs and Resist debuffs.

And if you're sacrificing your commander in a fight, you need to learn pet control, which is something every Minstrel needs to do well.

maybe not easily killable but very much easily mezzed... and they stay mezzed forever since BDs have no tools to remove CC on their pets. So you don't even need to kill them, just mezz them and leave them there for a lifetime. And you won't "spray" anyone with BD instants because they have a 5 and 6 (!!!) secs recast timer, while any decent Hibs or Albs caster can cast everything he wants in 1.5 secs.

Regarding Pac healers... do you know that all the Instants you talk about have a 10 mins (yes minutes not seconds) recast timer? Like a RA, and they are a Spec line spells so you need to be specced to have them, and if you spec Pac you can almost forget to have significant heals, not talking about the trash buff you'll have. And healers do not have Quickcast so any CC they try to cast can be easily interrupted even by that ridicolous gray pet that you'll always have sticked to your ass when fighting against Hibs, or still better the red Barguest you Mins love so much or the tons of other pets Albion casters can throw at you. Do you really want to compare it with Sorc longer range, quickcast, high dex aoe Mezz or Hib caster baseline stun on the magic assist train? Really?
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:49 PM by Noashakra
Everytime Teiloh posts about the best class in the game being weak and asking for it to be completly over the top again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w&ab_channel=LordSephiroth3817

I am asking for your toons name because I suspect like a lot of players that you are a troll, and you don't even play on phoenix. And if it's not that, you must be destravia's level of playing ministrel.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:12 PM by teiloh
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:49 PM
Everytime Teiloh posts about the best class in the game being weak and asking for it to be completly over the top again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w&ab_channel=LordSephiroth3817

I am asking for your toons name because I suspect like a lot of players that you are a troll, and you don't even play on phoenix. And if it's not that, you must be destravia's level of playing ministrel.

Coming from the guy who moans and moans like you get paid for it for the last 20 years, that's rich
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:15 PM by teiloh
Valaraukar wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 5:22 PM
maybe not easily killable but very much easily mezzed... and they stay mezzed forever since BDs have no tools to remove CC on their pets. So you don't even need to kill them, just mezz them and leave them there for a lifetime. And you won't "spray" anyone with BD instants because they have a 5 and 6 (!!!) secs recast timer, while any decent Hibs or Albs caster can cast everything he wants in 1.5 secs.

Regarding Pac healers... do you know that all the Instants you talk about have a 10 mins (yes minutes not seconds) recast timer? Like a RA, and they are a Spec line spells so you need to be specced to have them, and if you spec Pac you can almost forget to have significant heals, not talking about the trash buff you'll have. And healers do not have Quickcast so any CC they try to cast can be easily interrupted even by that ridicolous gray pet that you'll always have sticked to your ass when fighting against Hibs, or still better the red Barguest you Mins love so much or the tons of other pets Albion casters can throw at you. Do you really want to compare it with Sorc longer range, quickcast, high dex aoe Mezz or Hib caster baseline stun on the magic assist train? Really?

Your Healers/SM can demezz the pets. On Minstrel, Healer and Sorc I *always* demezz the group's pets. It's one cast for several interrupts. Your pets should also be staggered on inc and you should be panning to avoid getting mezzed, that should handle 50-80% of situations.

I listed the instants, because see how deceptive it is to crap out a big list to embellish one's argument? That guy literally listed HEAL SONG which, while not useless, is one of the least impactful abilities in the game.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics