Make Smite line valuable.

Started 22 Sep 2020
by Corkster
in Suggestions
Could we beef smite line up a little? Its really terrible as is.

What about:

1. Make the PB mezz 350 radius.

2. Make the PB DD, 350 radius, 30s cooldown, with an added PB heal.

Nothing crazy, just more playable.
Wed 23 Sep 2020 1:01 AM by Nephamael
I suggest both pbaoes to 350 radius.

pbaoe inst mezz down to 20 sec cooldown but no duration buff (basically a rupt)

pbaoe dd dmg upp and 20 sec cooldown

Both changes would buff the actual smite spec and give the cleric a bit more to do in 8v8 without further buffing the already broken alb 8man lineups (where cleric is the weakest character utility wise).
Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:27 PM by Corkster
A Rej/Smite Cleric would be a nice option. The Reg/Nat Druid is a blast to play, would love a similar option in Alb.
Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:03 PM by Bradekes
Corkster wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 6:27 PM
A Rej/Smite Cleric would be a nice option. The Reg/Nat Druid is a blast to play, would love a similar option in Alb.

How exactly is nat druid better than smite cleric? It has like no utility
Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:08 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Bradekes wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:03 PM

It has more than Smite; AE Root, Instant AE Root, Instant Single Root, Stronger Pet, DoT ...versus... PBAE Mez, PBAE DD, Single DD, AE DD.
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:09 PM by Corkster
Main healers offensive lines:

Healers Pac:
Stun (250 radius)
Instant Stun (Single target, 10min cool-down)
Instant Stun (150/300 radius, 10min cool-down)
Mez (350 radius)
Instant Mez (Single target, 10min cool-down)
Instant Mez (150/300 radius, 10min cool-down)
Root (Single target)
Combat Speed De-buff
Power Regen

Druids Nature:
Pet (chance to stun),
Root (350 radius)
Instant Root (350 radius, 10min cool-down)
Instant Root (Single target, 10min cool-down)
DOT

Cleric Smite:
DD
DD (350 radius, 127 damage)
Instant Mez (PB 200 radius, 5min cool-down, 30s max)
Instant DD (PB 200 radius, 20s cool-down, 118 damage)

Smite seems pretty useless. Like I said before...

1. Make the PB mezz 350 radius.

2. Make the PB DD, 350 radius, 30s or something cooldown, with an added PB heal.

Both Mid and Hib run with groups with two Healers (Mend/Aug & Mend/Pac) and Druids (Reg/Nurt & Reg/Nat). This would make running two Clerics (Rej/Enh & Rej/Smite) more valuable.
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:16 PM by Bradekes
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:08 PM
Bradekes wrote:

It has more than Smite; AE Root, Instant AE Root, Instant Single Root, Stronger Pet, DoT ...versus... PBAE Mez, PBAE DD, Single DD, AE DD.

So you're saying having 3 root spells a dot and a level 36 pet is better than 9 second stun and legit damage nuke? Come on lol smite cleric = hib caster utility -QC
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:18 PM by Corkster
Yeah, if you have no quick cast and no way to get off CC. How many smite clerics you see on this server? Ive only ever seen one. I'm just suggesting that smite is not left totally useless. That is what this forum is for, suggestions. No one's crying over here
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:21 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Bradekes wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:16 PM
So you're saying having 3 root spells a dot and a level 36 pet is better than 9 second stun and legit damage nuke? Come on lol smite cleric = hib caster utility -QC

You said utility. Damage is not utility.
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:31 PM by Bradekes
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:21 PM
Bradekes wrote:

4 forms of root isn't utility it's the same CC 4 different waysthat give snare immunity. 1 none baseline single target dot spell isn't damage. Level 36 pet is situationally decent at best for interrupt.

You have 2 forms of cc, An aoe dmg(which is better interrupt than green pet), good single target dmg, instant stealth popper, and on demand stun.. smite>nature any day.. sure maybe give smite cleric instant stun on long reuse.

But nature druid needs more love than smite cleric hands down
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:43 PM by Corkster
From my experience, that isn't the case. Ive got a 6l5 nature druid and I think he out performs what Ive seen of smite playing a cleric.

Even just increasing the radius of the insta mez and insta DD would help.

The problem with the mez and DD are, the enemy has to have there nose between your butt cheeks to even get hit by it. I guess if you accidentally sit on a stealth-ed lurikeen...

I do agree, the pet on the druid could use some help. (lowest level pet in the game and sticks out like a sore thumb).
Thu 24 Sep 2020 12:05 AM by Bradekes
Corkster wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:43 PM
From my experience, that isn't the case. Ive got a 6l5 nature druid and I think he out performs what Ive seen of smite playing a cleric.

Even just increasing the radius of the insta mez and insta DD would help.

The problem with the mez and DD are, the enemy has to have there nose between your butt cheeks to even get hit by it. I guess if you accidentally sit on a stealth-ed lurikeen...

I do agree, the pet on the druid could use some help. (lowest level pet in the game and sticks out like a sore thumb).

One thing I think that maybe makes cleric seem less effective is hib has baseline stun on casters so baseline stun on cleric doesn't stand out as much as I think it should for the comparison.

I would say your group's carrying you as a nature druid as having root and dot is pretty lame things to be bringing to the table, both null snares.. having a crappy green pet isn't worth the spec points.
Thu 24 Sep 2020 12:41 AM by Corkster
Ive never been carried by a team.

From my experience, the point of a nature druid is to have the CC to get some one off your back or one of the other support characters backs (other druid,bard,etc). Its hard to find good teammates to peel. The pet can come in handy to interrupt. but yes, its only about half effective due to CC. The level on that pet needs raised and the model size reduced. The dot is a nice interrupt tool. The roots can interrupt as well. I spec 40 Reg/36 Nat. This is awesome for a 2 druid team. And without, just use pots. They make 2/3rd's of the druids buffs and you don't lose them when the druid dies. Which most of the time the healer is targeted first and can mean your team is left with no buffs. The added bonus, you don't have to buff as much. Which saves time. If you have played a main healer you know what its like trying to buff everyone, worrying about conc and watching people run off
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:28 AM by teiloh
Bradekes wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 8:08 PM
Bradekes wrote:

Are you on crack? Smite's DPS is garbage, not even half a Hib caster's after rising dex, delve, base crit and acuity buff are counted.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:40 AM by Sepplord
teiloh wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 3:28 AM
Are you on crack? Smite's DPS is garbage, not even half a Hib caster's after rising dex, delve, base crit and acuity buff are counted.

Reading comprehension 101...

he never said anything about cleric DPS being similar to a casters DPS
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:05 AM by Noashakra
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:40 AM
teiloh wrote:

It's teiloh, ignore him. He will soon tell your that ministrels are bottom of the barrel in term of power.

Alb smite is weaker than nature, but you have to take the realm as a whole, you can't compare lines to each other.
Alb already has the ae amnesia on the sorc, which can reach 370+ dex and ae mez at 1850 range, and many pet classes that are hard to deal with or cc (theu, red pets, etc).
Buffing the cleric interupt capacity would be bananas.
Thu 22 Oct 2020 9:29 AM by gotwqqd
Noashakra wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 8:05 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 7:40 AM
teiloh wrote:

It's teiloh, ignore him. He will soon tell your that ministrels are bottom of the barrel in term of power.

Alb smite is weaker than nature, but you have to take the realm as a whole, you can't compare lines to each other.
Alb already has the ae amnesia on the sorc, which can reach 370+ dex and ae mez at 1850 range, and many pet classes that are hard to deal with or cc (theu, red pets, etc).
I think full smite can be compared to mentalist
How do the nukes compare?
The heals?

Smite line needs bump in DD damage
Insta aoe damage recast could be halved and radius increased
Mezz radius increased and reduce the ridiculously long timer to 90 sec or 2 min
Thu 22 Oct 2020 9:52 AM by Astaa
I think smite is just a line that perhaps originally had aims, but those aims have been lost over the years (much like nightshade baseline spells or mentalism spec for mentalists)

It would be nice if they were boosted up a bit or changed to make them more interesting but I don't think it is really essential.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:26 PM by teiloh
Noashakra wrote:

Aren't you some rr3 Ranger scrub? Why are you talking about GvG? A Sorc doesn't have the luxury of fingering his asshole with amnesia all day. Mid always has at least two people who can do it, one that doesn't have to worry about hitting CCs on Inc.

And at Speed 5, you can easily close the gap to a Sorc and CC over their cast mez. If a Sorc mezzes you on inc you got outplayed, hard. Sorcs stand out as remezzers and blanket interrupts vs larger numbers, but Alb has the worst on-inc CC.
Fri 23 Oct 2020 10:17 PM by Gildar
Bradekes wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:31 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 23 Sep 2020 11:21 PM
Bradekes wrote:

4 forms of root isn't utility it's the same CC 4 different waysthat give snare immunity. 1 none baseline single target dot spell isn't damage. Level 36 pet is situationally decent at best for interrupt.

You have 2 forms of cc, An aoe dmg(which is better interrupt than green pet), good single target dmg, instant stealth popper, and on demand stun.. smite>nature any day.. sure maybe give smite cleric instant stun on long reuse.

But nature druid needs more love than smite cleric hands down

For sure !
I have a 50 nat drood.... so difficult to cc ... no dps and NO spec buffa . Nearly useless pet...
Fri 23 Oct 2020 10:30 PM by teiloh
Both Smite and Nature could use a few changes for usability and fun factor
Fri 23 Oct 2020 11:05 PM by Forlornhope
They're not going to change/update anything anymore. Only bug fixes and events.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 2:46 AM by easytoremember
Bradekes wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 12:05 AM
One thing I think that maybe makes cleric seem less effective is hib has baseline stun on casters so baseline stun on cleric doesn't stand out as much as I think it should for the comparison.
Cleric, Smite Cleric even, doesn't have the speed or payload of baseline stunnuker. Apart from the stun itself being much slower to land, the Cleric can't get as many casts into the stun duration. The slow cast speed is a given but they originally were able to receive Acuity buffs
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:10 AM by Noashakra
teiloh wrote:
Fri 23 Oct 2020 9:26 PM
Noashakra wrote:

Aren't you some rr3 Ranger scrub? Why are you talking about GvG? A Sorc doesn't have the luxury of fingering his asshole with amnesia all day. Mid always has at least two people who can do it, one that doesn't have to worry about hitting CCs on Inc.

And at Speed 5, you can easily close the gap to a Sorc and CC over their cast mez. If a Sorc mezzes you on inc you got outplayed, hard. Sorcs stand out as remezzers and blanket interrupts vs larger numbers, but Alb has the worst on-inc CC.

How do they have the worst CC?
Bard iamnesia is 2000 range, and imez and mez is 1500. With 370+dex, the sorcer just has to cast twice his mez following the amnesia and it's over. Many alb caster group play with two sorcerer on top.
Yeah sorcer can't do amnesia all day long... What about healers? Do you think they can do it too? They have to heal and interupt.

Why are you still speaking about a game you don't play, everyone know you are a meme at this point, you clearly showed many times you have no idea how to balance it.

Also a hint for you : some players don't have only one toon, I have a ranger, and 8 other! Shocking I know!
Sat 24 Oct 2020 11:38 AM by teiloh
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:10 AM
How do they have the worst CC?
Bard iamnesia is 2000 range, and imez and mez is 1500. With 370+dex, the sorcer just has to cast twice his mez following the amnesia and it's over. Many alb caster group play with two sorcerer on top.
Yeah sorcer can't do amnesia all day long... What about healers? Do you think they can do it too? They have to heal and interupt.

Why are you still speaking about a game you don't play, everyone know you are a meme at this point, you clearly showed many times you have no idea how to balance it.

Also a hint for you : some players don't have only one toon, I have a ranger, and 8 other! Shocking I know!

I'm literally 10x more knowledgeable about this game than you. Bards have two Amnesias, one that has a high chance of getting resisted and thus interrupting you. You can absolutely close the 375 unit range gap. Base run speed is 200 units / second. Speed 6 is + 138%

Yes, Aug Healers can Spamnesia much more liberally than anyone else. The positioning/timing required for Spamnesia and healing line up much better for a chain wearing healer than it does for cloth wearing assist DPS.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 12:14 PM by Noashakra
The healers are the one healing and rupting. In alb, the clerics are mainly healing, and you have many classes that can rupt/deal damage, ablities are spread among classes on alb.
The sorc stopping to rupt instead of using his DD will not put your team in trouble because your two clerics can still heal the team. The sorc has the dex to win the casting duel, a QC and a pet !
Bards have two amenisia spells, one group and one single on a timer, 2000 range and you compare it to a spamable amnesia 2300 range? The bard can't neutralise a target non stop like le the sorc can do at 2300 range.
You litterally play the OP realm and you don't realize it xD

Stop posting dude, you have no idea about what you speak about.

Post your toon name and we will all laugh to your face, but you stay anonimus for a good reason.
Teiloh the meme AKA mincer is the worst class on the server QQ!
Sat 24 Oct 2020 3:30 PM by teiloh
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 12:14 PM
The healers are the one healing and rupting. In alb, the clerics are mainly healing, and you have many classes that can rupt/deal damage, ablities are spread among classes on alb.
The sorc stopping to rupt instead of using his DD will not put your team in trouble because your two clerics can still heal the team. The sorc has the dex to win the casting duel, a QC and a pet !
Bards have two amenisia spells, one group and one single on a timer, 2000 range and you compare it to a spamable amnesia 2300 range? The bard can't neutralise a target non stop like le the sorc can do at 2300 range.
You litterally play the OP realm and you don't realize it xD

Stop posting dude, you have no idea about what you speak about.

Post your toon name and we will all laugh to your face, but you stay anonimus for a good reason.
Teiloh the meme AKA mincer is the worst class on the server QQ!

You realize you can cast other stuff while using Bard Amnesia, right? Hence *instant* Amnesia?

You really think Clerics need to heal 24/7? When a Healer can lockdown any 1-3 casters/healers permanently by just pressing 1 button with MOC1 you shouldn't be taking that much damage.

Let me guess, Ellyls nuking you for 50-70 every 2-3 seconds is too OP?
Sat 24 Oct 2020 5:00 PM by Horus
Clerics are one of the most played classes. That metric alone indicates they are fine...and prob more in need of a nerf.

At least that is what people always say about Rangers...
Sat 24 Oct 2020 5:40 PM by Noashakra
teiloh wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 3:30 PM
You realize you can cast other stuff while using Bard Amnesia, right? Hence *instant* Amnesia?

You really think Clerics need to heal 24/7? When a Healer can lockdown any 1-3 casters/healers permanently by just pressing 1 button with MOC1 you shouldn't be taking that much damage.

You are a lost cause man. There are only two healers per group. They are the main healers and rupters. In mid, if one is not able the cast, it's a big deal. If the sorc is rupted, the two clerics can heal. I a cleric is rupted, the other can heal and the sorc can still rupt. If you add the ministrel / theu / caba and their pets, it's really no big deal for an alb group.

MOC 1 means no heal for 30s, so OP

But this flies over your head.

Muh instant amesia with range 2000 and one dd range 700 and less than 330 dex!

The nuke on the Ellyls is not the problem, it's the heal that out dps any melee class 1vs1.

You can continue to show how you don't understand the game.

Alb is already the strongest realm, no need to give them another up.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:08 PM by ExcretusMaximus
teiloh wrote:

My Sage nukes for 250 after resists.

If you're going to make an argument about numbers, at least use the actual numbers.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 8:15 PM by teiloh
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:08 PM
teiloh wrote:

If you're going to make an argument about numbers, at least use the actual numbers.

Yeah, you're full of shit or there was a patch.

Yep, just tested. 70-90 damage after resists.

Minstrel nerf whiners just need to lie to push their agenda. Sad how you try to play politics in a game.
Sat 24 Oct 2020 8:17 PM by teiloh
There are only two healers per group. They are the main healers and rupters. In mid, if one is not able the cast, it's a big deal. If the sorc is rupted, the two clerics can heal. I a cleric is rupted, the other can heal and the sorc can still rupt. If you add the ministrel / theu / caba and their pets, it's really no big deal for an alb group.

ROFL. What do you think your Skald, Shaman, BD and assist train are doing?

Muh instant amesia with range 2000 and one dd range 700 and less than 330 dex!

You don't need 370 dex to spam mez.

The nuke on the Ellyls is not the problem, it's the heal that out dps any melee class 1vs1.

LOL, a 150 or 250 point heal that the sage stops using below a certain HP threshold?

Alb is already the strongest realm, no need to give them another up.

A bloo bloo bloo :'(
Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:54 AM by Noashakra
Teiloh AKA "QQ my mincer is gimp and I don't even play on this server!"
Name of your toon or gtfo.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:33 AM by teiloh
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:54 AM
REEEEE abloo bloo bloo bloo

Minstrels are fine and don't need nerfs. All Minstrel nerfs should be reverted, no need to pander to liars with 20 year butt burn.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:45 AM by Tyrlaan
This thread is about Smite. Not Noashakra´s battleground to show off poor knowledge of Bards.

In a Druid duo one Druid can go Reg/Nature instead of Nurture/Reg to increase a group´s utility. Mid has the Pac/Aug meta. A 2nd Cleric going subspec Smite is a waste. And the spec doesn´t work for soloing either (unlike Cave for Shamans and a couple other feasible caster specs which involve snare-kiting and/or pets).

That said, the devs have repeatedly made clear they want all classes to have a viable spec and place in this game, not necessarily every spec line. The baseline stun sees occasional use as does the baseline DD to compete for death blows.

I don´t see many ways to make it attractive without buffing Alb caster groups too much (because in Alb the utility rests on casters). It would have to be something so that a Cleric would want to subspec into it instead of going the universally needed Enh/Rej or Rej/Enh.

You can´t give it more CC that makes a difference, instant or not: AE stun would be too OPed, PBAE stun would just hand out immunity to melees most likely to attack a Cleric, and the Mind Sorc already gets its long range big radius AE mezz because Alb is lacking on instant CC - while Alb in general has more than enough CC already to cover each other. I don´t see Clerics ever getting enough DPS to matter because that would be OPed, and adding a heal component to some of the spells will neither make them viable DPS nor heals.

Maybe a ranged interrupt at 20+ Smite (decreasing RUT with spec level) or a reactive self proc of the non-CC-type (increasing absorb or resists for a short duration). Maybe. That would be more to give Smite something than to mean that Clerics need something.
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:47 AM by Lerox
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 24 Oct 2020 7:08 PM
teiloh wrote:

Even if it is off topic and you meant 250 heal instead of nuke but the resist would make no sense then.

Nevertheless here is a picture of nukes from a level 52 sage on a level 50 Cleric with 26% Heat resists. The damage is far away from 250:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 11:22 AM by Noashakra
teiloh wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:33 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 8:54 AM
REEEEE abloo bloo bloo bloo

Minstrels are fine and don't need nerfs. All Minstrel nerfs should be reverted, no need to pander to liars with 20 year butt burn.

Your name or gtfo QQer
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:33 PM by teiloh
Tyrlaan wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:45 AM
This thread is about Smite. Not Noashakra´s battleground to show off poor knowledge of Bards.

In a Druid duo one Druid can go Reg/Nature instead of Nurture/Reg to increase a group´s utility. Mid has the Pac/Aug meta. A 2nd Cleric going subspec Smite is a waste. And the spec doesn´t work for soloing either (unlike Cave for Shamans and a couple other feasible caster specs which involve snare-kiting and/or pets).

That said, the devs have repeatedly made clear they want all classes to have a viable spec and place in this game, not necessarily every spec line. The baseline stun sees occasional use as does the baseline DD to compete for death blows.

I don´t see many ways to make it attractive without buffing Alb caster groups too much (because in Alb the utility rests on casters). It would have to be something so that a Cleric would want to subspec into it instead of going the universally needed Enh/Rej or Rej/Enh.

You can´t give it more CC that makes a difference, instant or not: AE stun would be too OPed, PBAE stun would just hand out immunity to melees most likely to attack a Cleric, and the Mind Sorc already gets its long range big radius AE mezz because Alb is lacking on instant CC - while Alb in general has more than enough CC already to cover each other. I don´t see Clerics ever getting enough DPS to matter because that would be OPed, and adding a heal component to some of the spells will neither make them viable DPS nor heals.

Maybe a ranged interrupt at 20+ Smite (decreasing RUT with spec level) or a reactive self proc of the non-CC-type (increasing absorb or resists for a short duration). Maybe. That would be more to give Smite something than to mean that Clerics need something.

I think the poll did show most players wanting to fix "bad lines" though. I think it would be great for build diversity.

My thoughts are to make smite good DPS and highly power efficient as a sort of "deterrent" line, with the ranges for the DD the same as they are. Lower RUT on PBAE Mez as a fall-back peel option, and throw in some extra bells and whistles like added AOE (a weak point of Alb's), maybe a silence, etc.
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:39 PM by imweasel
teiloh wrote:
Mon 26 Oct 2020 9:33 PM
Tyrlaan wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:45 AM

I think the poll did show most players wanting to fix "bad lines" though. I think it would be great for build diversity.

My thoughts are to make smite good DPS and highly power efficient as a sort of "deterrent" line, with the ranges for the DD the same as they are. Lower RUT on PBAE Mez as a fall-back peel option, and throw in some extra bells and whistles like added AOE (a weak point of Alb's), maybe a silence, etc.

Let's not do anything to the "bad spell lines". The player base will probably get a complete redo of all spell lines, 'cause you know that's what we'll voted for, ala the melee style review.
Tue 27 Oct 2020 3:12 AM by gotwqqd
Aoe dd level 49 needs to be moved to 44
Create new aoe dd @48 higher delve

Pbaoe dd needs damage to be at least doubled and another created at 50 Radius increased

The damage add self needs be dropped to 43

Aoe mezz needs radius increased and reuse 40seconds
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics