Solo vs solo fair fight rp reward

Started 12 Aug 2020
by Ibs
in Suggestions
Please give soloers the same custom commands gvg gets, or nerf gvg to be the same as solo currently is. Fair is fair right?

No one really utilizes the solo fair fight mechanic since people can just hop on, see where the soloers are, then hunt them down with their small mans. Also there's absolutely no incentive (outside of just simply knowing the general area of where people are soloing) to even use the command.

I suggest adding a small rp reward (500? Rps to each player). Doesn't even have to be as much as gvgs 1k per player win or lose, just SOME kind of real incentive. I'd also suggest adding the same rules of abuse that gvg has, literally just copy and paste gvgs commands, rewards and penalties for soloers.

It's a little frustrating to be granted all sorts of custom experiments (i.e solo zone, and free port to frontiers solo areas) have them yanked from underneath you with no real kind of explaination or replacement, then just going silent. All the while gvg mechanic was very experimental, has documented cases of abuse and punishments dolled out by the staff, yet they still get to enjoy this experiment for months and months.
I don't even care about rps at this point, i just want some incentive to get the good soloers on a non discord list.
Wed 12 Aug 2020 8:30 PM by evert
Would be nice, doesn't have to be a lot. Very easy to implement since you are already tracking solo kills; limit it to lvl 50 (duh) and some kind of timer or zone-based limit to stop people leveling rr by going out and dying a bunch.

A solo task zone that rotates counter to the normal task zone could be another way of trying to help this (and all the duos/trios in that zone would be outed for what they are )
Wed 12 Aug 2020 8:47 PM by Ibs
evert wrote:
Wed 12 Aug 2020 8:30 PM
Would be nice, doesn't have to be a lot. Very easy to implement since you are already tracking solo kills; limit it to lvl 50 (duh) and some kind of timer or zone-based limit to stop people leveling rr by going out and dying a bunch.

A solo task zone that rotates counter to the normal task zone could be another way of trying to help this (and all the duos/trios in that zone would be outed for what they are )

Agree to your first point for sure. I think it would be fine if they just gave us exactly what gvg gets. If any suspicious activity (i.e rp farming) was happening you can bet it's logged and monitored. The staff can simply turn themselves into an invisible model, fly/port to the suspect, and decide for themselves. Also the more obvious, it would be incredibly suspicious if some person kept getting killed over and over in the kill spam by the same person. it would probably get appealed even if all the gms were asleep.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 1:32 AM by ExcretusMaximus
You already get more RP per kill.

Also, no one uses GVG anymore, the risk of getting slapped by the overzealous mod team and losing your account is too great.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:37 AM by Ibs
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 1:32 AM
You already get more RP per kill.

Also, no one uses GVG anymore, the risk of getting slapped by the overzealous mod team and losing your account is too great.

Perhaps you missed the part about me saying how they could reduce the award? The point isn't wahhh i need more rps, it's wahhh i want less stealth group interactions (both enemy and friend) and more solo fights.

To your point of more rps per kill, ofc that's how it works, solo isn't split amongst group mates obviously. As an 8 man there's many opportunities to kill small mans, and groups/even zergs paired with task farm that I'm not able to even attempt. They're getting hundreds of kills, I'm getting tens of kills. There are totally 8 mans that make way more rp/h than soloers, but again that's not even my point.

As for getting banned, I'd say with the nature of solo is a lot easier to play by the rules. We're already used to avoiding task zones, and by nature trying to not be in the epicenter of bedlam. At least give us the opportunity to try it out I'd say.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 5:35 AM by Lollie
The solo zone which you guys had was abused, gvg toggle was abused, what your proposing would inevitably be abused as well.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 5:47 AM by Ibs
Lollie wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 5:35 AM
The solo zone which you guys had was abused, gvg toggle was abused, what your proposing would inevitably be abused as well.

What do you mean was abused? The gvg mechanic still exists.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 5:50 AM by Lollie
Yes but much tougher penalties now exist for abusing it
Thu 13 Aug 2020 6:20 AM by Ibs
Lollie wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 5:50 AM
Yes but much tougher penalties now exist for abusing it
Yep, that's why i said this in my opening post,
"I'd also suggest adding the same rules of abuse that gvg has, literally just copy and paste gvgs commands, rewards and penalties for soloers."

You can have the three strikes rule, deletion of rps, etc etc just on a solo level.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 6:24 AM by tommccartney
All these custom rules are getting stupid

Let’s just play the game ?
Thu 13 Aug 2020 6:36 AM by inoeth
tommccartney wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 6:24 AM

yes, lets remove all the other stupid tasks too!
Thu 13 Aug 2020 6:40 AM by Ibs
tommccartney wrote:

Ikr? Screw Phoenix feathers, I'd much rather roll for a broodmother fang against 300 players in a raid. Let's get rid of rog because Hibernia is supposed to have bad ring slot items!!11 /s
Custom isnt inherently bad because it isn't "muh 1.xx" patch.. look how well strictly adhering to the patches worked out for uthgard 2.0. if you're saying pre toa classic daoc is the best iteration of daoc and it has no room for improvements, it feels like you're being obtuse.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 10:08 AM by Gildar
Lollie wrote:

Agree ... Stop asking solo or GvG features ...

DAOC is an RvR game ... not an Arena.

If u wanna do solo or GvG go play Guild Wars

You can play as you want, but dont bother constantly asking a special feature for you.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 1:05 PM by thirian24
The best thing I've ever done for my own sanity in this game is,

1. I stopped coming to the forums to defend/post on my position about soloing. (You're literally going to get the most toxic people replying to you here)

2. I stopped playing my Stealthers.

3. I stopped soloing and just run 8man now.

Its been the best thing I could have ever done and I should have done it many many months ago.

I suggest doing the same for your own sanity.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 1:39 PM by Ibs
Gildar wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 10:08 AM
Lollie wrote:

Agree ... Stop asking solo or GvG features ...

DAOC is an RvR game ... not an Arena.

If u wanna do solo or GvG go play Guild Wars

You can play as you want, but dont bother constantly asking a special feature for you.

Thanks for your permission to play, dad. /S

This is the suggestion forum rofl... Hey don't bother asking for a special feature that already exists in the game ON THE SUGGESTION FORUMS.
. Daoc isn't Mark Jacobs vision of the game anymore, it's Phoenix and they already stated that they want room for all play styles. So why don't YOU go play an rvr game like elder scrolls online or Warhammer?
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:11 PM by Ibs
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 1:05 PM

1. I stopped coming to the forums to defend/post on my position about soloing. (You're literally going to get the most toxic people replying to you here)

Its been the best thing I could have ever done and I should have done it many many months ago.

1. Don't care, trying to attract attention of staff to discuss it further internally. I don't care what these 8v1 stealth and visi groups have to say about me.
2. Cool
3. Cool, yeah I've seen you add my fights many times with 7 other people. Glad it worked out for you. I have an animist, eld and bard above rr5/6ish and originally tried to 8v8 before even making a shade. Due to me wanting to afk a lot to stretch, smoke and text i don't even bother asking for groups anymore. Can't stand the feeling of being tethered to my computer.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:16 PM by Uthred
We just closed the solo pvp zone because of massive abuse and extra work for the staff. After all that what happened there and before (bowtowns in trelle & the multiple insults towards the staff), i dont really see any reason why we should reward you with that extra rps nor do i see any reason why we should create a potential loophole for (massive) bug abuse which would be way easier doable 1vs1 than 8vs8.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:49 PM by Ibs
Uthred wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:16 PM
We just closed the solo pvp zone because of massive abuse and extra work for the staff. After all that what happened there and before (bowtowns in trelle & the multiple insults towards the staff), i dont really see any reason why we should reward you with that extra rps nor do i see any reason why we should create a potential loophole for (massive) bug abuse which would be way easier doable 1vs1 than 8vs8.

Seems like it would be pretty apparent when people are cheating/rp farming (would show kill spam to everyone over and over). Even if they were hopping over to a different character each time, gms could still see they were on the same accounts. Taking this in mind while considering the player base of soloers is much smaller than 8v8/zerg it seems like if there were people abusing the system you'd only have to distribute punishment several times before there were no more cheaters (low pop/lower player pool to be banned before the well runs dry). Or give Phoenix feathers and not rps, just some kind of solution or incentive to your already existing mechanic.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:50 PM by Blitze
The solo events were always much better than the permanent solo zones (or Trelle) due to chaos and fun...
I hope you have not ruled these out.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:51 PM by thirian24
Ibs wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:11 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 1:05 PM

1. Don't care, trying to attract attention of staff to discuss it further internally. I don't care what these 8v1 stealth and visi groups have to say about me.
2. Cool
3. Cool, yeah I've seen you add my fights many times with 7 other people. Glad it worked out for you. I have an animist, eld and bard above rr5/6ish and originally tried to 8v8 before even making a shade. Due to me wanting to afk a lot to stretch, smoke and text i don't even bother asking for groups anymore. Can't stand the feeling of being tethered to my computer.

Good luck big homie.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:00 PM by Ibs
Blitze wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:50 PM
The solo events were always much better than the permanent solo zones (or Trelle) due to chaos and fun...

Narrator: They did.

Go be a good toadie and build a group and dedicate hours of your mortality to running around hitting digital doors. Or if you want to solo, feed yourself to a stealth zerg or sui on a keep then set a 30 minute timer, repeat. Why is anyone asking for improvement on an already perfect system?
Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:12 PM by Uthred
Blitze wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:50 PM
We will have solo zones when doing our next pvp event again. This will stay.
Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:12 PM by tommccartney
Ibs wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 6:40 AM
tommccartney wrote:

Ikr? Screw Phoenix feathers, I'd much rather roll for a broodmother fang against 300 players in a raid. Let's get rid of rog because Hibernia is supposed to have bad ring slot items!!11 /s
Custom isnt inherently bad because it isn't "muh 1.xx" patch.. look how well strictly adhering to the patches worked out for uthgard 2.0. if you're saying pre toa classic daoc is the best iteration of daoc and it has no room for improvements, it feels like you're being obtuse.

Please don’t put words in my mouth, we’re talking about solo rp reward for fair fight - this is a custom rule that I feel is too much. I didn’t mention a word about all the above, how you got to those conclusions is beyond me ... overreact much
Thu 13 Aug 2020 3:31 PM by tommccartney
Ibs wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:49 PM
Uthred wrote:

Seems like it would be pretty apparent when people are cheating/rp farming (would show kill spam to everyone over and over). Even if they were hopping over to a different character each time, gms could still see they were on the same accounts. Taking this in mind while considering the player base of soloers is much smaller than 8v8/zerg it seems like if there were people abusing the system you'd only have to distribute punishment several times before there were no more cheaters (low pop/lower player pool to be banned before the well runs dry). Or give Phoenix feathers and not rps, just some kind of solution or incentive to your already existing mechanic.

Sounds like a lot of work for GM’s. And after the ‘pvp zone’ we all know the solo community can’t be trusted not to abuse.
Sat 15 Aug 2020 12:46 PM by joshisanonymous
Ibs wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 2:49 PM
Uthred wrote:

I don't think it's as simple as tracking people who are RP farming by killing each other repeatedly. That's already against the rules and would get people banned. Adding the /cleanfight aspect of /gvg to the solo /fairfight would mean they'd have to track people who are just saying that every fight was a /cleanfight, and since it would only take two people to agree to cheat this way instead of 16, abuse could be much more rampant.

I agree that /fairfight is basically useless, though. Most soloers are stealthers for obvious reasons, so maybe it still has some amount of utility for stealther vs stealther fights, but for visible solos, you're basically announcing to stealthers (i.e., people that you can't see) where you are so that they can come farm you. I don't think there's a fix for making /fairfight a useful thing, honestly.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 12:35 AM by Nephamael
I don't think it's as simple as tracking people who are RP farming by killing each other repeatedly. That's already against the rules and would get people banned. Adding the /cleanfight aspect of /gvg to the solo /fairfight would mean they'd have to track people who are just saying that every fight was a /cleanfight, and since it would only take two people to agree to cheat this way instead of 16, abuse could be much more rampant.

I agree that /fairfight is basically useless, though. Most soloers are stealthers for obvious reasons, so maybe it still has some amount of utility for stealther vs stealther fights, but for visible solos, you're basically announcing to stealthers (i.e., people that you can't see) where you are so that they can come farm you. I don't think there's a fix for making /fairfight a useful thing, honestly.

Whatever the game, whichever the feature there will always be cheaters and people who abuse features. If you don't want that to happen you cant play or open a server or try to hatch it - if you are a GM you have to deal with those things.

Now the majority of the community (no matter the playstyle) does neither cheat nor abuse any features.
And especially so do solo and 8v8 players, who tend to having a higher honor code than the rest by the nature of their playstyle.

I preferred a frontier solution but i did play the PvP zone for as long as it was active and i have seen only a very few of the many players play abusive or against the zone rules.
I have seen no single case of RP farming in all the weeks i was in there.
I was /sent some insults by a few people, but for me that was kinda PvP server nostalgia - i would have simply stated there is no insult punishment in the PvP zone, use the /mute command if i were the GMs, to avoid the annoyance.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 12:39 AM by Nephamael
I agree that /fairfight is basically useless

The only way to encourage people to get on the list is extra RPs, even tho a few of us play for the fights, most play for at least both.

I think 125 RPs per /fair cleanfight for a RR5+ and

500 RPs per /fair cleanfight for lower than RR5 (solos at low rank have abyssmal winrates and get 0 RPs if they lose a fight, unlike an 8man that still might kill some enemy players during a lost fight) would be healthy for the action.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 12:44 AM by Nephamael
On top of that /fair toggle /fair list needs to be more precise in location for solos than for 8men.

I suggest a display like the Flag Tasks.

Example: Jukaron, Emain Macha, close to Crim flag
Xpovoc, Odin's Gate, close to near the river

in my humble mind this is not too much coding work, but i am very awful at coding so i might be wrong.
Tue 18 Aug 2020 7:38 AM by gotwqqd
Nephamael wrote:
Tue 18 Aug 2020 12:35 AM
Now the majority of the community (no matter the playstyle) does neither cheat nor abuse any features.
And especially so do solo and 8v8 players, who tend to having a higher honor code than the rest by the nature of their playstyle.

HA...HAHA..hhahhaaaahhhhahahhaaa
Tue 18 Aug 2020 11:35 AM by Sepplord
Nephamael wrote:

I am sure the opinions on that greatly differ depending on who you ask, but specifically regarding the solo players everyone has just recently seen a complete zone, which the staff put lots of work in, getting removed due to those "high-honor" players not following the rules and creating and enforcing (through hypocritical means) them.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 6:15 AM by Noashakra
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 18 Aug 2020 11:35 AM
Nephamael wrote:

I am sure the opinions on that greatly differ depending on who you ask, but specifically regarding the solo players everyone has just recently seen a complete zone, which the staff put lots of work in, getting removed due to those "high-honor" players not following the rules and creating and enforcing (through hypocritical means) them.

I can tell you those solo are not part of the solo community
And 8 man that have higher honor... Farming the solos and small man all day long, adding on their fight, and disengaging their 8vs8 as soon as they have one or two adds to farm easy rps...
Fri 21 Aug 2020 3:09 AM by Nephamael

A few people abusing the zone got it closed for the majority. - While i understand the frustration of the GMs, getting constantly annoyed by a handful of players, blaming the solo community for the misbehavior of a few is definitely the wrong way.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics