I don't know, RvR?

Started 9 Aug 2020
by weaverman78
in Suggestions
Not exactly sure what's going on but reading in chat in mid today and I am seeing Mids having an absolute fit about The Balance in between realms. Many of it involved the timer to go to different realms needs to be increased because it's killing the game? Then others talk about Hib classes being broke in BG fights and that it is the root problem. I don't know, but whatever it is you may want to fix it because I got the feeling these guys are going to bounce on out of here. I only have one opinion and it's simply this; If you pick a realm, stay in that realm, you shouldn't be allowed to go to different realms and bolster a realm that is already heavily populated, seriously where's the fun in that, where's the challenge?
Sun 9 Aug 2020 11:45 PM by Forlornhope
Being locked into one realm would probably kill the server imo.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 1:07 AM by Helwyr
weaverman78 wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:38 PM
Not exactly sure what's going on but reading in chat in mid today and I am seeing Mids having an absolute fit about The Balance in between realms. Many of it involved the timer to go to different realms needs to be increased because it's killing the game? Then others talk about Hib classes being broke in BG fights and that it is the root problem. I don't know, but whatever it is you may want to fix it because I got the feeling these guys are going to bounce on out of here. I only have one opinion and it's simply this; If you pick a realm, stay in that realm, you shouldn't be allowed to go to different realms and bolster a realm that is already heavily populated, seriously where's the fun in that, where's the challenge?

While I would support completely removing the ability to play multiple realms, I think having had it for so long it would really piss off a portion of the player base given the time they have put into all their characters on multiple realms. Something I've suggested before is to restrict switching to a realm that has more relics than the realm you plan on switching from, thus encouraging the multi realm players to stick with their current realm or switch to the current underdog realm not the other way around. Although I don't think this alone would solve Mids current problems. Mid just seems to be a very dysfunctional realm atm a problem that has far more to do with the players themselves than the game's mechanics.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:11 PM by weaverman78
Helwyr wrote: While I would support completely removing the ability to play multiple realms, I think having had it for so long it would really piss off a portion of the player base given the time they have put into all their characters on multiple realms. Something I've suggested before is to restrict switching to a realm that has more relics than the realm you plan on switching from, thus encouraging the multi realm players to stick with their current realm or switch to the current underdog realm not the other way around. Although I don't think this alone would solve Mids current problems. Mid just seems to be a very dysfunctional realm atm a problem that has far more to do with the players themselves than the game's mechanics.
I agree, most of Midgard's issues are self inflicted; For example if Midgard has 200 players in Frontier but over half of them are broke up into small man or 8 man groups, of course they will be steam rolled. I seen one player say Midgard has always resisted zerging like other realms do.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:10 PM by Bradekes
I love playing all the realms. Seeings you cannot create two accounts I would hate to be stuck on one realm never getting to switch. I play with my whole family. My sister and mother love playing on Hibernia but I enjoy Midgard.

So when I play alone I'm on Midgard and when I play with my family I'm usually on Hibernia.

The current setup is great! I just wish there were some mainland locations for tinders but that's such a small inconvenience to get to switch whenever I please.

As far as people complaining? Midgard used to be the big dogs, but not anymore.. people get bored switch realms, that's okay! Hibernia has not received any buffs the other realms haven't got. Hib actually has many nerfs compared to the other realms. Everyone just wants to play rangers lol.. archery is too strong nothing else is really unbalanced. Also 2h dmg is a joke so Midgard sees a bit more punishment from that.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:46 PM by Gildar
weaverman78 wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:11 PM
Helwyr wrote: While I would support completely removing the ability to play multiple realms, I think having had it for so long it would really piss off a portion of the player base given the time they have put into all their characters on multiple realms. Something I've suggested before is to restrict switching to a realm that has more relics than the realm you plan on switching from, thus encouraging the multi realm players to stick with their current realm or switch to the current underdog realm not the other way around. Although I don't think this alone would solve Mids current problems. Mid just seems to be a very dysfunctional realm atm a problem that has far more to do with the players themselves than the game's mechanics.
I agree, most of Midgard's issues are self inflicted; For example if Midgard has 200 players in Frontier but over half of them are broke up into small man or 8 man groups, of course they will be steam rolled. I seen one player say Midgard has always resisted zerging like other realms do.
That is the real problem on Mid ... and GM cant do anything to change ...
Wed 12 Aug 2020 8:08 AM by inoeth
forcing ppl to stay in one realm has never been a good idea.
didnt work in the udssr, did not work in the gdr, does not work in north korea
Fri 14 Aug 2020 1:45 PM by Centenario
Yesterday I logged on Midgard, on a healer lvl 40+ for exp, after 20minutes of spamming the lfg channel I decided to try to build, and it was both difficult and unpleasant (ppl).
I gave up and left midgard for another few weeks/months.

I would also like to switch to hibernia to jump on the train and force something to be done. I think that hibernia casters are too strong with the access to range casted stun, and they have too many classes able to heal.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:15 PM by Gildar
LOL

Hib have 1 main healer (druid) and warden as secondary healer .... bard heal nothing because need to spec music for mezz and speed ....
I guess all realms have the same .... cleric and friar ... healer and shaman
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:28 PM by Tyrlaan
Gildar wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:15 PM
LOL

Hib have 1 main healer (druid) and warden as secondary healer .... bard heal nothing because need to spec music for mezz and speed ....

You conveniently forgot Mentalists and Ench heal pets (healing the group unlike BD heal pets - not good enough for assist damage but works for slow damage like DoTs or siege).
Btw the best Bard spec has 31 Regrowth (plus items and RR) which is decent healing. So yeah, LOL.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:41 PM by Gildar
Tyrlaan wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:28 PM
Gildar wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:15 PM
LOL

You conveniently forgot Mentalists and Ench heal pets (healing the group unlike BD heal pets - not good enough for assist damage but works for slow damage like DoTs or siege).
Btw the best Bard spec has 31 Regrowth (plus items and RR) which is decent healing. So yeah, LOL.

Menta can only HoT ... base ... menta spec RvR is light ... and the role in RvR is ... cast HoT ... dd dd dd demezz ... dd dd dd dd ... not great heals so.

In RvR chanters use only caster pet ... so NO heals ... Anyway the healer pet cast a HoT... that DONT stack with mentalist HoT.....

You conveniently dont examine the role in RvR of the 2 classes... Yes they heal good ... only in pve
Try to stay alive in a grp with only menta, bard and chanter healing ... and i tell with all 3 together ... You can survive about 15 sec in a fight
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:17 PM by Tyrlaan
Gildar wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 5:41 PM
Menta can only HoT ... base ... menta spec RvR is light ... and the role in RvR is ... cast HoT ... dd dd dd demezz ... dd dd dd dd ... not great heals so.
Every Menta (be it Light or Mana) sub-specs Mentalism for demezz. That´s cheap (focus) and decent single target heals. Possibly on top of a HoT.

Gildar wrote:
In RvR chanters use only caster pet ... so NO heals ... Anyway the healer pet cast a HoT... that DONT stack with mentalist HoT.....
Good casters know when to switch pets for the utility they give. Your absolute just shows you are not one of them. Which is great I guess, even bad casters thrive in Hib. Sometimes ranged pets are great, sometimes (especially in siege) they just stick out as an AoE anchor and you´re better off with a heal pet ordered to stay in your LoS and outside enemy LoS on heal duty. It will help keep you or group members alive through (non-assisted) GTAEs or DoTs. Costs no power either.

Also you might want to check on your pet abilities. The heal pet casts heals (when dropped below 50% health) and it buffs everybody with a health regen (which is entirely different to a HoT and does stack with Menta HoTs).

Gildar wrote:
Try to stay alive in a grp with only menta, bard and chanter healing ... and i tell with all 3 together ... You can survive about 15 sec in a fight
Nobody wrote you have to settle with just Menta, Bard and pet heals. It´s the fact that they can support their main healers (Druids and Wardens, who are much better healers than Shamans and Friars btw. coupled with PBT and full red resists damage reduction) that makes Hib better with regards to heals. I feel pity you have only encountered Bards who "heal nothing". The 12 Blades 37 Music 43 Nurture 31 Regrowth spec is great. Doesn´t mean the Bard has to be dedicated healer (he´s not) just that he has decent heals to help the main healers keep somebody alive - or keep a main healer alive.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:27 PM by Noashakra
lol man I have a mentalist 8L and how do you call a heal at 200 a "good heal"... And the enchant pet that heal the group, hahahaha best joke of the year. Your pet should always be on a target. to rupt.. And you should use the root pet... The heal regen is useless, everybody runs with combined pots...

If a bard heals, it's means you are in a bad spot because your drood are dead. The heal is so crap and use so much mana that you are oom in 5 casts...

The 12 Blades 37 Music 43 Nurture 31 Regrowth spec is great.
Ok you are a troll xD

People complain so much when they have no idea about the game.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:32 PM by Tyrlaan
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:27 PM
lol man I have a mentalist 8L and how do you call a heal at 200 a "good heal"... And the enchant pet that heal the group, hahahaha best joke of the year. Your pet should always be on a target. to rupt..

A ranged pet in keep siege is running to suicide if the target you stick it on dives out of LoS. I guess you consider that a useful way to spend a pet "to rupt". I don´t. Or in your words: LOL. Every BD or charm class knows how to park pets to heal, yet somehow you don´t? Just shows how forgiving Hib is to bad players.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:48 PM by Noashakra
Tyrlaan wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:32 PM
Noashakra wrote:
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:27 PM
lol man I have a mentalist 8L and how do you call a heal at 200 a "good heal"... And the enchant pet that heal the group, hahahaha best joke of the year. Your pet should always be on a target. to rupt..

A ranged pet in keep siege is running to suicide if the target you stick it on dives out of LoS. I guess you consider that a useful way to spend a pet "to rupt". I don´t. Or in your words: LOL. Every BD or charm class knows how to park pets to heal, yet somehow you don´t? Just shows how forgiving Hib is to bad players.

LOL you convieniently now speak about keeps... like if bg vs bg is asking a lot of skill. Your pet dies all the time in keep fights, even if you keep close to you...
Man who are you IG, you can tell us which big shot you are.
Fri 14 Aug 2020 6:55 PM by Tyrlaan
I´ve been speaking about using it in siege the whole time, in an auxiliary way. Just in case you missed it, big mouth.

Didn´t you just write "Your pet should always be on a target. to rupt." which would exclude using a heal pet even if it´s the best option for a pet? Well in keeps it can be.

I didn´t miss my logic class. You did.
Sat 15 Aug 2020 6:37 AM by Noashakra
You spoke about mentalist heal and bard heal, and sorry man, but in keep fights it's close to useless because your droods should be doing their job...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics