I miss ToA

Started 7 Aug 2020
by LolaEbola
in Suggestions
No, no. Not the artifacts. Not the master level abilities. Not the stat caps. Not the bonuses to casting speed, etc.

But, I do miss the zones. I miss the master level raids. I miss riding a shark!

Now, call me crazy. But, what if we brought back ToA without all the things we hated? Instead of running TG eight times a week, we can do ML raids for feathers!

Now, I know what some people are going to say. Fuck PVE, this is an rvr game. If you need feathers, just go do 50 more DS runs. I hear you.

I spend 99% of my time as a solo shadowblade in the frontier or in DF killing folks. I don’t think I have it in me to do another TG raid, as long as I live. But, I’d do MLs. I’d love to turn the whole zerg into a zombie like old times.

Thoughts? Concerns? Vitriol? Let me hear it! <3
Fri 7 Aug 2020 10:02 PM by Kwall0311
They would have to custom fill every single dungeon and encounter, pretty big workload. I like them throwing in the zones for the pvp events. They just need to do them more often. Considering the pvp zone failed due to people being idiots, that was the entirety of the Stygia/Land of Atum zones. And one a way back was Volcanus maybe? and Green Glades.

Would be cool to have them (mostly the water )be an XP zone , but yeah again with the mob thing + takes them off the table for being an event zone. Alot of work if even possible.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 12:18 AM by LolaEbola
Is that how it works? Forgive me, I no literally nothing about programming or what goes into making a game a game. I just assumed that the source code complete with mobs exists already, and what they did for the pvp zone was just delete them all.

Would you mind elaborating a bit?
Sat 8 Aug 2020 12:41 AM by Kwall0311
"Our mob placement is based on 1.65, but that doesnt mean that we strictly stick to that. There are a lot of different sources if you are placing mobs and nearly every source tells you something different. Many of our maps are a mixture of the available sources and what we think is the right amount of mobs. We added camps, we removed camps, we changed mob levels. Feel free to report any missing mob, but most of this is intended and may not be a bug to us. Especially in the starter zones we placed extremly more mobs than normal. We did that so that you dont have to fight over camps. If for example Mag Mell is crowed, use a horse route, which are always for free, and take a ride to howth. Also dont forget that you have personal porter stones, which will make traveling much easier and faster. And there is SI with plenty of mobs waiting to challenge you."

Based on that, seems theres also alot of custom work that has gone into it. Plus if they were able to add the toa mobs at a specific patch level im sure they would have to tweak all of them/levels . Assuming they were built for toa stats etc. I dunno just to me seems like a lot of stuff. Not saying im right or wrong just thought id share my opinion too.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 12:42 AM by daytonchambers
Put the zones in. Hell, populate sections of the zones that used to be ML raids with Darkspire-tier feather drop mobs for a different avenue to farming them.

Even better, add the zones and litter the areas with feather mobs, but give the zones the Mordred rule-set
Sat 8 Aug 2020 1:25 AM by LolaEbola
Thanks for the information. That makes sense.

daytonchambers wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 12:42 AM
Put the zones in. Hell, populate sections of the zones that used to be ML raids with Darkspire-tier feather drop mobs for a different avenue to farming them.

Even better, add the zones and litter the areas with feather mobs, but give the zones the Mordred rule-set

I’d support the hell out of this as well, especially the Mordred rules.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 2:00 AM by Cadebrennus
I would love the zones without the artifacts and MLs, but open up a single TOA that is open to all three realms like ML10. Then it could be like DF but open to all three realms 100% of the time.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 7:14 AM by inoeth
i miss the MLs, legendary weapons and artifacs, they brought so much more variance into the game
Sat 8 Aug 2020 9:16 AM by Noashakra
inoeth wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 7:14 AM
i miss the MLs, legendary weapons and artifacs, they brought so much more variance into the game

You mean everyone running SoM and battler/malice ?
For ML, yeah it was refreching, but also completlyu OP for some...
Sat 8 Aug 2020 4:04 PM by The Skies Asunder
I honestly loved ToA. Would welcome the zones being added, whether it was mordred style, DF style with limited or full access, or even split per realm. I would prefer a DF style, where a realm has to do something to gain access, until another realm takes it.
Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:54 AM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 9:16 AM
inoeth wrote:

yes i liked that. ppl you could utilize all the items and abilities got really really strong and some classes got actually playable like melee warden
Sun 9 Aug 2020 8:28 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:54 AM
Noashakra wrote:
inoeth wrote:

yes i liked that. ppl you could utilize all the items and abilities got really really strong and some classes got actually playable like melee warden

Speccable Shield is the deciding factor that made melee Wardens somewhat playable. TOA was just the icing on the cake. Even then only a handful of players could even attempt a melee Warden.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 4:32 PM by inoeth
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 8:28 PM
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
inoeth wrote:

Speccable Shield is the deciding factor that made melee Wardens somewhat playable. TOA was just the icing on the cake. Even then only a handful of players could even attempt a melee Warden.

not exactly ... warden being "playable" was def toa with legend weapons and ml styles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrXorTk6ZDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O0W8yXaoY
Mon 10 Aug 2020 5:13 PM by Cadebrennus
inoeth wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 4:32 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 8:28 PM
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:
inoeth wrote:

not exactly ... warden being "playable" was def toa with legend weapons and ml styles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrXorTk6ZDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7O0W8yXaoY

It will not disagree that TOA certainly helped in a significant way but the deciding factor in my opinion and the multiple top Warden players' opinions on Live was Shield spec and the spec points to go along with it.
Mon 10 Aug 2020 5:27 PM by inoeth
for grp play maybe, for solo toa was def the turn around... hell even for grp play toa was massive with bodyguard
for sure shield was another buff wont disagree there too
Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:53 PM by Gildar
NO ToA !!!

At all !!!!

Thanks.
Tue 11 Aug 2020 6:59 AM by inoeth
Gildar wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:53 PM
NO ToA !!!

At all !!!!

Thanks.

"ive heared it is bad, so im against it, dunno why!"
Tue 11 Aug 2020 8:04 PM by Gildar
inoeth wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 6:59 AM
Gildar wrote:
NO ToA !!!

At all !!!!

Thanks.

I Player TOA and hate every single minut of play ... so i quit daoc ... i retry play in US servers with ToA and still hate every single feature of ToA so i quit again ....until Phoenix classic came.
If Phoenix up TOA i quit immediately ... and many others i know also quit
Wed 12 Aug 2020 11:47 AM by inoeth
Gildar wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 8:04 PM
inoeth wrote:
Gildar wrote:
NO ToA !!!

At all !!!!

Thanks.

I Player TOA and hate every single minut of play ... so i quit daoc ... i retry play in US servers with ToA and still hate every single feature of ToA so i quit again ....until Phoenix classic came.

"i hate everything" ok boomer

toa will never come here for sure, so calm lol
this here is obviously a hypothetical thread for ppl with open minds
Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:00 PM by labra
I've said it in another thread, I love too some TOA zones and lore. I even loved getting MLs and Artifacts but it's another server ruleset so not for here.

I'd love to get them back but I understand it would lead to another empty pve zone, where classic and SI are already quite empty, except PL/farm spots.
Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:11 PM by Gildar
inoeth wrote:
Wed 12 Aug 2020 11:47 AM
Gildar wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Gildar wrote:
NO ToA !!!

At all !!!!

Thanks.

I hate ToA ... its my PERSONAL opinion ... is a problem for you ???

And all those ppl open minded can simply go play Live if all love ToA features ... why stay here ???

And why who dont love ToA is not open minded ???
Because u think so ???
Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:23 PM by inoeth
Gildar wrote:
Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:11 PM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 12 Aug 2020 11:47 AM
Gildar wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Gildar wrote:
NO ToA !!!

At all !!!!

Thanks.

I hate ToA ... its my PERSONAL opinion ... is a problem for you ???

And all those ppl open minded can simply go play Live if all love ToA features ... why stay here ???

And why who dont love ToA is not open minded ???
Because u think so ???

you hate it, i got that, but are you here?
i mean, we are here to discuss features that have been great in our opinions and then you came and hate everything.... where is the gain for this thread?
would you tell us any reason why you hate everything or is it just a rant?
for me it feels like you want to discredit everyone who liked toa with your bold statement.
i cant take anyone serious who can not explain why this or that is good or bad, its just base motives and yeah i consider that to be not very open minded
Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:59 PM by labra
Gildar wrote:
Wed 12 Aug 2020 1:11 PM

I tried Live.
I stopped because I don't want to pay anymore for a 20 years game and because features set up after TOA I don't like.
Thu 27 Aug 2020 1:48 PM by necrolove1
I think Artifacts would be cool if you were only allowed to have 1 in your inventory/equipment/vault at a time. Meaning if you want a different artifact, you have to destroy your current one / or an NPC that you can ''give'' it to so that can get back artifacts you already got before without redoing encounters.

it would make temping more fun/interesting, and create a lot of fun and different PvE groups, and increase some factors of content reusability.

Having 1 Artifact per player wouldn't create the MAJOR imbalance between the new player and Veterans as it did on Live at TOA Launch. While at the same time, adding just the right amount of flavor and further customization to each players tastes. Adding to this, it wouldn't make all of the current gear completely obsolete, as it did on live.

The encounters shouldn't be so complex as to require SPECIFIC setups to do.

Though I would like some changes in how Artifacts were given to players

A: the Artifact has to be ultimately crafted by a player. I.e. Kill the mob take the item to a crafter and he/she makes the Artifact

B: Set up a new ''Artifact Currency (like feathers)'' to be gained from doing Raids in ToA dungeons. This Currency would act like Pheonix dust/tears in the crafting recipe.

Other than this NO ML abilities, and NO ML Trails, Keep the good, cut the fat.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics