Re: plz nerf Rangers

Dunga wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 1:51 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 10:44 AM
Gildar wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 12:58 AM
Rangers and archers in general are too strong.

A bunch of archers can disrupt 3 fg sieging s keep ...

Uthred pls do something on that.

This is one of the reasons that Hib can hold 6 relics for so long

I think it's good that Afchers finally have a role in Visi game play after nearly 20 years. The reason that they seem to be a real problem is that nobody has an experience countering this threat. Here are a few examples of how to counter them:

1) wear a DoT reactive shield of the largest size possible on your class. The passive block chance is ridiculously high on this server, even for unspecced Shield

2) get your Assassins to move out in teams and farm them. Invite Assassins to your Visi groups so that they have heals.

3) use friendly Archers as a direct counter.

4) focus on Nearsight and bolt range interrupts. A dry fart in their general direction disrupts Archers who have no counter to this.

The whines come primarily because people don't know how to counter the current tactics. Instead of whining people should come up with new tactics.

1. that procc should have 300range... max range for that proccs are, or should be, 1500 with some dds. u will be hit far away....
2. mostly u can not reach the points where they are. even if u are 2 grps of sbs....
3. that can work. but the most guys who want to play a bow class right now would go to hib. i dont know why
4. if u cant see them u cannt cast on them. inside a keep,at the second door gtaoe,catas and volly help

i dont know if u cannt or will not see the point its not a problem when u have 1,2 volly rangers/bow user. its been a problem when u have much more at one time or a grp of them who are able of assist. its also a problem when 1 of the 3 bowclasses have double the damage. if so, people will see that and say... time for a new class, hib has all relics and the strongest bowclass....ok, the damage come also from the relics, for sure. without these it would not so a huge diffrent,but one thing leads to another....
inoeth shows the screenshots/damage. that damage should be fine?in particular from a class that can hide or stay at safe spots?
my hunter is right now 45+11+rr bowspec, and i do nearly half of the damage compared to a ranger, with less range and no perma damadd. i would realy like to see what happens when scouts become a d/q buff

yes all 3 classes can or do this at keeps/safe spots, but if you are already the most and strongest bow class it will be difficult at a certain point.

First of all, please tell us all about this double damage that one Archer class has over the others lol

1. I don't know or care what should or shouldn't be, but the DoT is extremely effective. I got hit with a Volley arrow and blocked it no problem with 35 Shield (no engage necessary.)

I did get killed by a Ranger today when I got to play for 20 minutes. This was after I was already fighting someone else and running back to the keep already wounded, and still not completely set up on my Alb (not all hotkeys in place yet.) "Super OP'ed" lol. When I found him later in melee range he sat down and I just killed him a lot faster than he killed me.

2. There are few positions where Archers cannot be reached in melee range. The solution is in your own realm's Archer's.

3. Probably because dual wielding AND Archery has the cool factor. It's the main reason I chose Hib when leaving my Merc during the Classic/SI days when I decided to jump on a Stealth class to avoid radar groups. Soloing on a Visi in those days was impossible because of rampant radar. Mid and Alb have better ranged capability (aside from the PF DA, which is easy enough to surpass in terms of damage with a DA charge which doesn't cost any spec points.

4. If your Casters/Archers can't set GTAoe targets blind but the opposing realm can then that's a personal problem and not a game problem.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

I have reconsidered what I wrote yesterday.... to be fair, i havent the dex numbers,far behind, right now with my race and ras. that, the relics and the slower bow will
give the difference in damage.on top of that it comes the damadd. I think it's not a question that the ranger is the strongest bow class with regard to sniper spec... at the end its not so a massive difference that it looks like to me befor,but it doesn't mean that I consider the damage to be ok in this context.

i think u are right when u say its not the class per se. the high number of it and ofc hib itself makes it hard.

we will see what the +% rps stuff for mid brings. this morning it looks like more mids in the fz town....

i cannot say something to ur protips/new tactics anymore looks like im not able to convert that stuff

Greetings

From my point of view ranger is Op but only when they camping near Keep.

I spend half of my time playing solo around crauchon doing 15/25Krp Hour and i sometimes die from 3-4 ranger camping in the wall of keep who rofl me after killing me doing 2K-3K rp hour and that's for me the most enjoyable thing in this server, the frustration i can make on people.

the only ranger who are on top 20 / 48H are the ones following Bg .

https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=ranger

Here you can see dontbanmebro 11L1 who's following bg 682'000 rp last week and djast/trollselfie/uigeadail who camp crauchon doing 200K a week

https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/Therabbin

And me doing 800K the week playing 50/50 solo and group.

So yes Ranger deal 1K damage on crit shot while we do 400 on PA, but at least we can solo and make good rp/hour and they can't and they make low rp/hour.

Therabbin

still, compare that to hunters and scouts and these DC campers still doing alot of RP easymode

https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=hunter

https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=scout
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Dr4ag wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 11:52 AM
From my point of view ranger is Op but only when they camping near Keep.

I spend half of my time playing solo around crauchon doing 15/25Krp Hour and i sometimes die from 3-4 ranger camping in the wall of keep who rofl me after killing me doing 2K-3K rp hour and that's for me the most enjoyable thing in this server, the frustration i can make on people.

the only ranger who are on top 20 / 48H are the ones following Bg .

https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints?time-frame=last-week&filter=ranger

Here you can see dontbanmebro 11L1 who's following bg 682'000 rp last week and djast/trollselfie/uigeadail who camp crauchon doing 200K a week

https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/Therabbin

And me doing 800K the week playing 50/50 solo and group.

So yes Ranger deal 1K damage on crit shot while we do 400 on PA, but at least we can solo and make good rp/hour and they can't and they make low rp/hour.

Therabbin

You are 100% correct. A bow ranger is not a class built for roaming around in the open field solo. You will die. I've been killed many times by assassins, minst,skald, reavers...any melee class, when they had like 20% life and I was full with IP and purge. Why? Because when you have zero melee, you hit for like 45 a pop with no style effects. That is more or less nothing. So your safest option is just to wait on a wall or in/near a keep and let someone come to you. ...and many do. That is why I don't understand the complaining. If you die to a bow ranger it is because you put yourself in a dangerous position. Risk vs reward. And if you are an assassin you always have vanish.

Even if you are running with a BG there are tactics to mitigate your danger from Rangers..or any archer for that matter. It is up to you to use them. I've died many times from scout volley because I've stubbornly stayed on a keep roof to try and launch my own volley. Choice/consequence.

@ therabbin,

Thank you for joining this thread.
I know that you are often at DC killing us poor hibs :-)

As far as I can tell you like to hunt in the majority at the bridge.

Can you let us know the specific reason for that location please?

Flup, hib

Messerjockel wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 7:40 PM
@ therabbin,

Thank you for joining this thread.
I know that you are often at DC killing us poor hibs :-)

As far as I can tell you like to hunt in the majority at the bridge.

Can you let us know the specific reason for that location please?

Flup, hib

Actually when i dinged 11L i was majority on the bridge, after that i just camp near the keep to get the bonus rp every 15 min and feather, with a good days of farming i can have task keep for 1500/2000 every 15 min

For a 11L it's huge, is what wutan is doing all day but not same stats as me

But it's more risky, bridge is safer

Thank you therabbin.

Eik,

This comment is maybe important...bridge is safer.
Keep and Especially wide open fields like water and the dock make it easy for us to kill you.
You may consider to hunt on the bridge because more chances for LOS and ranger cannot attack at max distance.

Flup, hib

Messerjockel wrote:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 7:56 PM
Thank you therabbin.

Eik,

This comment is maybe important...bridge is safer.
Keep and Especially wide open fields like water and the dock make it easy for us to kill you.
You may consider to hunt on the bridge because more chances for LOS and ranger cannot attack at max distance.

Flup, hib

rofl, get lost with your advice
and even if you attack someone on the bridge, ppl like you tend to run to the keep to get help.... or drag into shrooms or drag into LOS of other rangers

i know what you are doing here... your alrdy strong class is fotm now and you are here to troll
wait till the nerf bat is hitting you maybe im next to laugh about you
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Come on kokofleche is spending his days up the brigde with crit shot ready, with Mzelle starting the fight on the ground.
Lame people are everywhere.

Ranger that do a lot of RPs do it in BG or in groups. How is that OP.
Just avoid crau bridge.

Return to “Suggestions”