Dunga wrote: ↑Tue 11 Aug 2020 1:51 PMCadebrennus wrote: ↑Tue 11 Aug 2020 10:44 AMGildar wrote: ↑Tue 11 Aug 2020 12:58 AMRangers and archers in general are too strong.
A bunch of archers can disrupt 3 fg sieging s keep ...
Uthred pls do something on that.
This is one of the reasons that Hib can hold 6 relics for so long
I think it's good that Afchers finally have a role in Visi game play after nearly 20 years. The reason that they seem to be a real problem is that nobody has an experience countering this threat. Here are a few examples of how to counter them:
1) wear a DoT reactive shield of the largest size possible on your class. The passive block chance is ridiculously high on this server, even for unspecced Shield
2) get your Assassins to move out in teams and farm them. Invite Assassins to your Visi groups so that they have heals.
3) use friendly Archers as a direct counter.
4) focus on Nearsight and bolt range interrupts. A dry fart in their general direction disrupts Archers who have no counter to this.
The whines come primarily because people don't know how to counter the current tactics. Instead of whining people should come up with new tactics.
1. that procc should have 300range... max range for that proccs are, or should be, 1500 with some dds. u will be hit far away....
2. mostly u can not reach the points where they are. even if u are 2 grps of sbs....
3. that can work. but the most guys who want to play a bow class right now would go to hib. i dont know why
4. if u cant see them u cannt cast on them. inside a keep,at the second door gtaoe,catas and volly help
i dont know if u cannt or will not see the point its not a problem when u have 1,2 volly rangers/bow user. its been a problem when u have much more at one time or a grp of them who are able of assist. its also a problem when 1 of the 3 bowclasses have double the damage. if so, people will see that and say... time for a new class, hib has all relics and the strongest bowclass....ok, the damage come also from the relics, for sure. without these it would not so a huge diffrent,but one thing leads to another....
inoeth shows the screenshots/damage. that damage should be fine?in particular from a class that can hide or stay at safe spots?
my hunter is right now 45+11+rr bowspec, and i do nearly half of the damage compared to a ranger, with less range and no perma damadd. i would realy like to see what happens when scouts become a d/q buff
yes all 3 classes can or do this at keeps/safe spots, but if you are already the most and strongest bow class it will be difficult at a certain point.
First of all, please tell us all about this double damage that one Archer class has over the others lol
1. I don't know or care what should or shouldn't be, but the DoT is extremely effective. I got hit with a Volley arrow and blocked it no problem with 35 Shield (no engage necessary.)
I did get killed by a Ranger today when I got to play for 20 minutes. This was after I was already fighting someone else and running back to the keep already wounded, and still not completely set up on my Alb (not all hotkeys in place yet.) "Super OP'ed" lol. When I found him later in melee range he sat down and I just killed him a lot faster than he killed me.
2. There are few positions where Archers cannot be reached in melee range. The solution is in your own realm's Archer's.
3. Probably because dual wielding AND Archery has the cool factor. It's the main reason I chose Hib when leaving my Merc during the Classic/SI days when I decided to jump on a Stealth class to avoid radar groups. Soloing on a Visi in those days was impossible because of rampant radar. Mid and Alb have better ranged capability (aside from the PF DA, which is easy enough to surpass in terms of damage with a DA charge which doesn't cost any spec points.
4. If your Casters/Archers can't set GTAoe targets blind but the opposing realm can then that's a personal problem and not a game problem.