Spiritmaster pets

Started 5 Aug 2020
by opossum12
in Suggestions
So, SMs are virtually inexistant in mid groups, BDs always preferred over them.

When looking at the pet classes (cab and enchanter), it's tough to get excited with the SM pets.

It's basically the same pet with more or less intercepting rate. Considering the intercept rate has been nerfed a couple weeks/months ago, would it be good tonrevisit the SM pets?

Kinda follow the same structure as the enchanter/cabby pets, where the is a tank, caster and healer versions?

Just having a caster pet on SM woukd make them more appealing to groups.

SMs are great casters, but the pets are very bland.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 1:40 PM by Spiegal
I don't get why mid pets got nerfed, it's still a way lower level than classes with the charm ability.
On 1v1 they might fare better, but so is the cham classes, so again it gives the impression that it wasn't properly considered.

Anyhow, I think asking to change mechanics like these would be too much work involved, it's easier to work on a change that has already been implemented in future patches (like if SM would have a caster pet in live). As the admin can look at the code and twink it.

Would love to see the lich commander from BD, but that will never happen.

Obviously, a SM need to pair up with a RC RM, they fit together perfectly for a debuff assist, so a guild group is your best bet. And with the cure mezz, I would take a SM no problem to be honest.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 4:09 PM by joshisanonymous
Honestly, I think this would open up a big can of worms for little if any benefit to the overall game.

First of all, Cabby and Enchanter pets do not intercept at all, actually. (If I'm understanding your post correctly, you seem to be under the impression that they do but at lower rates.) This is a huge advantage that only SMs have. Even with the reduced intercept rate that was implemented here long ago, my pet can still significantly slow down multiple melees, meaning it's useful even in group scenarios.

Second of all, I'm unsure why SMs seem to be so disfavored for 8mans here. I don't play 8man, but on paper at least, they offer very strong AoE debuffs regardless of spec, pet clearing abililty regardless of spec, decent damage for push groups if dark spec and very good damage in a debuff train, and extra defense for pull groups if supp spec. They're also good backup CC in any spec and another demezzer in any spec. I don't think they make much sense as the only caster in a tank group, but in a hybrid group and especially in a caster group, I've always been confused about their unpopularity.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 5:23 PM by opossum12
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 4:09 PM
Honestly, I think this would open up a big can of worms for little if any benefit to the overall game.

First of all, Cabby and Enchanter pets do not intercept at all, actually. (If I'm understanding your post correctly, you seem to be under the impression that they do but at lower rates.) This is a huge advantage that only SMs have. Even with the reduced intercept rate that was implemented here long ago, my pet can still significantly slow down multiple melees, meaning it's useful even in group scenarios.

Second of all, I'm unsure why SMs seem to be so disfavored for 8mans here. I don't play 8man, but on paper at least, they offer very strong AoE debuffs regardless of spec, pet clearing abililty regardless of spec, decent damage for push groups if dark spec and very good damage in a debuff train, and extra defense for pull groups if supp spec. They're also good backup CC in any spec and another demezzer in any spec. I don't think they make much sense as the only caster in a tank group, but in a hybrid group and especially in a caster group, I've always been confused about their unpopularity.

I understand the difference between cabby and enchanter pets with the SM pets.

What I meant is that the enchanter and cabby have pets with various abilities, while the SM gets 5 versions of the same pet.

Melee pets are usually bad just because 1 root and they're gone. Caster pets can at least keep rupting when rooted.

I don't think it would be a huge can of worms tbh.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics