Re: Roll back Archery nerfs

Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 11:41 PM
Only viable for Cipon because he has both shield slam AND the ridiculous, needs-to-be-removed lvl 45 shield 99% snare styles.

So funny listening to your complaints . You need to detach yourself from the stealth zergs you play with and learn your toon. Complaining about a snare when you have access to rapid fire and an insta pet (which you use incorrectly 99% of the time against a scout). Smh. Always free rps running into you.

Gildar wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:14 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:50 PM
Horus wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 4:20 PM
Please roll back the archer bow spec nerfs so the sniper spec archer can be a viable solo option.

Three assisting archers already instantly drop a fully buffed caster who's in a group with literally zero time to react or even attempt to save them; increasing their damage won't magically make them not group up, and will only exacerbate the problem of stealth groups on this server.

You hit the target.

Archers are way too nasty ... when in assist on me my druids cant save me ... and i cant fight back ...
Hit ... face ... quickcast .... the target is too far away -.-
Unless it's a hunter, which needs to be <= 1500 units away.

Siouxsie wrote:
Only viable for Cipon because he has both shield slam AND the ridiculous, needs-to-be-removed lvl 45 shield 99% snare styles.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one to have access to a shield, yet i dont see a lot of scouts soloing. It's the same for rangers and hunters.
It's easier to sit in a keep and volley or group with others stealthers and zerg soloers, that's all. You just want your solo experience to be as easy as that.

Cipon wrote:
Tue 4 Aug 2020 8:11 AM
Siouxsie wrote:

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one to have access to a shield, yet i dont see a lot of scouts soloing. It's the same for rangers and hunters.
It's easier to sit in a keep and volley or group with others stealthers and zerg soloers, that's all. You just want your solo experience to be as easy as that.

A bow spec ranger is not equipped to solo roam. There is no survivability. A scout can snare/kite. A hunter can use the pet and kite. A bow ranger is dead after the 1st interrupt...and any melee class getting into melee range is a death sentence for the ranger...assassin fodder for sure. There is no class a bow spec ranger can kill head to head unless the target is distracted or not using all the tools available.

A bow spec ranger does the highest solo bow damage but is really only equipped to either add on fights or run with the BG, or keep defense. If bow damage were higher so there was a chance to kill something with the bow at range before being interrupted, more rangers would roam solo.

Horus wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 4:53 PM
A bow spec ranger is not equipped to solo roam. There is no survivability. A scout can snare/kite. A hunter can use the pet and kite. A bow ranger is dead after the 1st interrupt...and any melee class getting into melee range is a death sentence for the ranger...assassin fodder for sure. There is no class a bow spec ranger can kill head to head unless the target is distracted or not using all the tools available.

A bow spec ranger does the highest solo bow damage but is really only equipped to either add on fights or run with the BG, or keep defense. If bow damage were higher so there was a chance to kill something with the bow at range before being interrupted, more rangers would roam solo.

Yeah maybe the rangers has to make some choices to solo, but i'm pretty sure he is still viable with differents builds than 50 bow.

Have you considered not using all of your spec points on Archery, and Pathfinding? I played hybrid spec from rr4-rr6 (still currently hybrid spec) while soloing a large majority of the time on my Ranger. I get that archery is too easily interrupted, they could add MoC or something to archers, but if you had the ability to just be invisible and then kill someone from range consistently... terrible.
Anberlin, Reigel, Automata
Crossbreed, Solyria
Amery, Aristocrat

Lets take one assumption... The server wants archers to be a solo class and that stealthgroups are not desired (we can see evidence to support this with the increased detection range penalty for grouped stealths)

Therefore, there needs to be ways to encourage archers to solo... A couple of things are already known:

1. Increasing archer damage does not make them solo. It mostly just makes the multiarcher instagib playstyle even more effective, [archers get more popular].
2. Giving scout the only non-immunty hard CC in the game is extremely annoying to play against and does not really increase their solo ability enough to warrant such a toxic ability.

Following these, the server needs a two pronged approach. a slight non-damage buff to make archers more effective soloers (rangers already very effective so i doubt they need much). This buff would need to learn lessons from the awful scout shield style and not repeat that mistake. Secondly, there needs to be ways to discourage grouping i.e. with severe diminishing returns on damage from multiple shots hitting same target from different archers.

how about custom versions of physical defense?

rangers/hunters would get 15% (pd7)
scouts 20% (pd9)

that would increase the solo viability while not giving too much bonus for grouping archers
scout does not have a skillable spec af and lacks around 20af compared to hunters/rangers thats why they might be able to skill higher pd

what do you think?
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin