Personal Mount should be global across the account, not per character.

Started 3 Aug 2020
by Ceseuron
in Suggestions
The personal mount should be global for all characters on the account. Or at least allow the horse itself to be placed in the account vault so it can be shared among the other characters. Requiring 10P (no quests) or a timesink and 5 plat on each character is, honestly, pretty lame and effectively eliminates the benefit of even bothering with the quest chain or the mount itself. Especially since not all classes will be able to solo the quest chain. I did it for fun on my Skald, but it seems pointless to dump even more time into running around on every other 50 I have and dumping at least another 25P just to have a horse on my other 50s.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:24 AM by Sepplord
you completely lost the small crumb of empathy i had, when you mentioned you did the quest on your skald for fun...
it really can't be that bad if you did it "for fun" on the only char that doesn't get any benefit from a horse in the first place

the horses fill a very small niche and are not required for any activity at all
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:11 AM by Ambron
You only need horses on solo chars which have no speed. When you r in group u kinda dont need horses and your skald or other speeder doesnt need a horse as well.
So it is fine to have to do it with all characters who need a horse in my opinion.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:09 PM by Ceseuron
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:24 AM
you completely lost the small crumb of empathy i had, when you mentioned you did the quest on your skald for fun...
it really can't be that bad if you did it "for fun" on the only char that doesn't get any benefit from a horse in the first place

the horses fill a very small niche and are not required for any activity at all

You're operating under the assumption that your empathy, however small the "crumb" of it might be, is something of value that I am actively seeking as part of this discussion. It is not. This section of the forum is intended to suggest ideas to the developers of the server, and they can choose to implement it or not. The developers implemented new content and I wanted to try it out and, as with pretty much all of DAOCs quest content, such things almost always consist of long stretches of running to several different places over great distances. The personal mount quests are a perfect example of this, which is why I chose the Skald to test it out so I could see how the content worked, where the various mobs and relevant points of interest were, and generally experience how the new content was implemented in a shorter amount of time than would otherwise be needed for a class that doesn't have a run buff.

Allow me to express my sincerest apologies for having fun testing new content from the developers, though. In the future, I will endeavor to avoid having fun playing the game and experience the game as you're suggesting, with zero enjoyment and a healthy dose of self flagellation thrown in for good measure.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 9:15 PM by joshisanonymous
A major reason that horses were implemented was as a mechanism for taking plat out of circulation, so making them cheaper were go against the reason they were put in in the first place.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 1:27 AM by CowwoC
This quest is way too long and way too hard for some classes, for some even impossible to finish alone. It even differs per realm how hard the quest is, which is absurd by it's own.

Okay a horse is probably not needed on classes with speed, but it can be handy still. I use it when i lost realm speed in the middle of nowhere but mainly pve zones, but it would never come to mind to do that quest again and not everybody is willing to spend 10p or has the possibilities to pay that much on their toons without sacrificing something else.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:12 AM by imweasel
If you mean you should get credit for the task/quest completion across a realm or account, I agree with you.

Having to do this quest every single time for every toon in all three realms is ridiculous.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:03 AM by Sepplord
considering doing the quest basically is worth 5plat, i don't think it is unreasonable to do it on every char you want to buy a horse on
it's a goldsink, and you guys are complaining that it sinks gold out of the game

Look at it this way instead of always defaulting to complaining that things are too hard:
-Horses are a 10plat goldsink. That's the baseline
-As not all players are filthy rich, a quest is implemented that is worth 5plat for quite a small to medium effort
-you can do it on all your toons for easy 5plat-savings multiple times
Wed 5 Aug 2020 9:07 AM by maxmad
When devs introduced the horses they made it so that you can just outright buy them from the merchant. No quest, no credit, no nothing. You want to save money on it? Do something for it...

You want ten horses on ten different chars? Just invest the time and effort to get them. Either by outright buying them for 10p each (that money also had to come from somewhere) or doing the quest and invest time to save 50p in the end.
Having a horse gives you an edge over people who don't have one. Just like running around with a full cap weaponless temp with epic procs and buff pots/charges gives you an edge over people running around with random ROGs/epic armor. Yes, you only had to get the kill credit for that TG vest once, but it still requires feathers (i.e. time invested) to actually buy it.

I have done the quest on Midgard with all classes solo. Last boss might involve a bit of kiting if you do it as a pac healer but is still doable.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 11:05 AM by gotwqqd
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 7:03 AM
considering doing the quest basically is worth 5plat, i don't think it is unreasonable to do it on every char you want to buy a horse on
it's a goldsink, and you guys are complaining that it sinks gold out of the game

Look at it this way instead of always defaulting to complaining that things are too hard:
-Horses are a 10plat goldsink. That's the baseline
-As not all players are filthy rich, a quest is implemented that is worth 5plat for quite a small to medium effort
-you can do it on all your toons for easy 5plat-savings multiple times
How long to complete ish?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics