Realm Timer

Started 1 Aug 2020
by Gildar
in Suggestions
Reupp FULL (pvp AND pve) realm timer and male it longer ... maybe 6 or 8 hours.
No timer for pve is absurd imho.

Stop all that realm hoppers.

Stop all that farm gold in one realm and tradeorder in another.

Stop ppl that log a lev 1 toon, scout BG and spy plans running and after log his real toon to fight in another realm.

Stop ppl that log a lav 1 toon when losing a fight just to harass who win with send.

PLS MAKE A VOTE IN GAME ON THAT !

My 2 cent.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:19 AM by Sepplord
Gildar wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 6:52 AM
No timer for pve is absurd imho. --> No, it isn't.

Stop all that realm hoppers. --> For what benefit?

Stop all that farm gold in one realm and tradeorder in another. --> Tradeorder is a two-way street. No money goes from realm1 to realm2 without people in realm2 offering the money there. No money from one realm is ever transferred to another realm

Stop ppl that log a lev 1 toon, scout BG and spy plans running and after log his real toon to fight in another realm. -->Aggree, joining a BG should result in the timer being active

Stop ppl that log a lav 1 toon when losing a fight just to harass who win with send. -->afaik already a punishable offense, report those people
Mon 3 Aug 2020 10:35 PM by Gildar
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:19 AM
Gildar wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 6:52 AM
No timer for pve is absurd imho. --> No, it isn't.

Stop all that realm hoppers. --> For what benefit?to avoid ppl go all to realm with more relic or bigger BG ...like hib before blue Sunday... and i'm hib from start ... dont like all albs leave chalice to click tree

Stop all that farm gold in one realm and tradeorder in another. --> Tradeorder is a two-way street. No money goes from realm1 to realm2 without people in realm2 offering the money there. No money from one realm is ever transferred to another realm I still dont like

Stop ppl that log a lev 1 toon, scout BG and spy plans running and after log his real toon to fight in another realm. -->Aggree, joining a BG should result in the timer being active

Stop ppl that log a lav 1 toon when losing a fight just to harass who win with send. -->afaik already a punishable offense, report those people
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:40 PM by The Skies Asunder
"Not liking" something is not a particularly convincing reason to give others that something needs changing. The timer is much better this way from my view, as I have spent much more time in game since this change. I am probably not the only one who appreciates being able to farm/xp on other realms after I finish RvR.
Wed 5 Aug 2020 10:00 PM by Gildar
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Wed 5 Aug 2020 6:40 PM
"Not liking" something is not a particularly convincing reason to give others that something needs changing. The timer is much better this way from my view, as I have spent much more time in game since this change. I am probably not the only one who appreciates being able to farm/xp on other realms after I finish RvR.

I explain ... I dont like because in my opinion is not correct farming gold in one realm A, gaining the advsntages that realm offers, to go template a toon in another realm B and fight against the realm A from where you draw money ...

For me is unconceivable. And also no pve timer broke the game for the reasons i write before.

Imho
Wed 5 Aug 2020 10:44 PM by The Skies Asunder
The /Tradeorder command has helped streamline, and regulate a process that would be taking place outside of the games mechanics anyway. It makes it safer and quicker for players to transfer money, that they would be spamming the forums to transfer otherwise. I don't understand the argument that the origin of the money matters somehow. It's all the same currency, that is (roughly) equally traded, and the people playing the game don't become different people because of the realm they are logged in to. Seems to me this might boil down to realm pride, which in my view is an entirely pointless argument.
Thu 6 Aug 2020 7:30 AM by Sepplord
there is also no money drawn from any realm...

person A farms in realm X and basically gives that money to person B IN THAT SAME REALM, for B to (for example) build a template and fight for realm X

As compensation person A gets money from person B in realm Y. Money that was also farmed in realm Y that is used to fight in Y against Ys enemies.

No money is transferred from one realm to another, or taken out of one realms economy to fight against that realm.
Fri 7 Aug 2020 11:51 PM by Gildar
Up

No one interested to change actual timer ?
Sat 8 Aug 2020 12:57 AM by Kurbsen
Gildar wrote:
Fri 7 Aug 2020 11:51 PM
Up

No one interested to change actual timer ?

no, lets do no timer at all instead..pls
Sat 8 Aug 2020 1:33 AM by LolaEbola
Unpopular opinion, maybe.. but, I’m for a 12-16 hour timer. In my view, you should choose when you log in, “what realm am I going to play today?”

I also strongly agree with the above, that if the system is going to stay roughly as is, then joining a BG should absolutely activate your timer. That seems like a simple and common sense solution to at least put many players minds at ease.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:20 AM by dbeattie71
LolaEbola wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 1:33 AM
Unpopular opinion, maybe.. but, I’m for a 12-16 hour timer. In my view, you should choose when you log in, “what realm am I going to play today?”

I also strongly agree with the above, that if the system is going to stay roughly as is, then joining a BG should absolutely activate your timer. That seems like a simple and common sense solution to at least put many players minds at ease.

If you have a timer and join a bg you won’t see any info. Though even without a timer if someone wants to cheat they’ll play on 2 machines, one on their home internet and the other over some VPN.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 6:57 AM by gotwqqd
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:20 AM
LolaEbola wrote:

If you have a timer and join a bg you won’t see any info. Though even without a timer if someone wants to cheat they’ll play on 2 machines, one on their home internet and the other over some VPN.
And when they are caught/tested with the character in tow after being turned in?
Sat 8 Aug 2020 1:55 PM by Wakefield
Been mid here since beta phase, with a month or so on alb and hibs as a break, on which I did not rvr much as it just felt wrong to attack mid.

For me, it's so disheatening to log on in the morning to see midgard green with a splash of red, and poor Johny tries his best to rally us against the mass hoardes of hibbies that turn up. Whether they have logged in alb/ mid beforehand and decided to jump ship for the holy rps, who knows. If there is no bg up, I tend to either craft or just log off and try again later.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:17 PM by dbeattie71
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 6:57 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:

And when they are caught/tested with the character in tow after being turned in?

Character in tow? What do you mean? I’m talking about someone having toons logged into both realms at the same time. I know the staff does all they can to ban cheaters but I’m not sure how you would catch someone playing realm A and having a toon in realm B’s bg, logged in via VPN.
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:38 PM by gotwqqd
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:17 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:

Character in tow? What do you mean? I’m talking about someone having toons logged into both realms at the same time. I know the staff does all they can to ban cheaters but I’m not sure how you would catch someone playing realm A and having a toon in realm B’s bg, logged in via VPN.
As in a spy? Or farming RP’s?

I’m sure they can detect someone killing the same enemy over and over.

Now a spy watching the relic gate to see someone coming out for their enemy alt is a different story to prove
Sun 9 Aug 2020 1:55 AM by dbeattie71
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:38 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:

Now a spy watching the relic gate to see someone coming out for their enemy alt is a different story to prove

Another account logged me joining BG just sitting in Frontier Zone.
Sun 9 Aug 2020 6:33 AM by Gildar
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 1:55 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 8 Aug 2020 3:38 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
LolaEbola wrote:

Another account logged me joining BG just sitting in Frontier Zone.

Cant understand why ppl do that ... it is fun?

You gain some easy RP spying ? Bah
Sun 9 Aug 2020 4:00 PM by joshisanonymous
I'm all for having long realm change timers, but I'm sorry OP, we are definitely in the minority at this point in the game's life cycle. We would lose that vote in a heartbeat.

I really liked the compromise that was proposed before, though, where a realm switch activates a timer during which you have reduced RP rewards so that people are effectively awarded for realm loyalty. I would even be down for having no timer for PvE OR RvR if something like that was implemented.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics