Re: Volley Re-Balance

Gildar wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 11:59 AM
Astaa wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 11:51 AM
Don't stand in the fire.

LOL good answer.

If u have to open doors at keep/towers how you can avoid volley shot ? Standing away of doors ???
And how u can open ? With a magic word abracadabra ?
Have a sneak climb the walls and set a gt for your caster or archers. Don’t blame the enemy for being diversified.

DJ2000 wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 12:10 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 10:42 PM
I guess as long as you stare at the sky with your mouth open as the pointy sticks come flying down at you, you will think Volley is OP.

Seriously, so many people do the dumbest things on this server and expect the Devs to fix their stupidity or lack of skill.

I think it's hilarious to run around with my Medium Shield and just reactive proc Volleying Archers with a DoT. Even with bad or no healers I've never died to a Volley, EVER. If you're dying to Volley you really need to rethink how you approach this game, especially on a Reaver with a speccable Shield.

What am I missing here?
This poor whataboutism-attempt can't be all there is to it, can it?
At which point was this about Reavers, about DoT reactives or about a shield spec?

Considering every post you made up until now: A Forum Troll, that's who and what you are.

You can either take the advice in this thread or you can continue to ignore it and cry that the sky is falling. Your choice.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

I've got a question, why does an archer have 2 attacks that can do over 500 damage? They have crit shot and just found out today that volley can do 550 base damage and crit beyond that. I can't do that as an assassin with perforate artery unless the target is sitting down or a level lower than 50 or untemped. Seems a little more overpowered to me now.

Had some guy rebuff out of stealth yesterday, chanced a volley where I saw him...he was still there, he ran around in a little circle for 3 shots, then I pinged him with a critshot to finish. Also had a sorc run at me after I crit shot him for 1075, no attempt to QC, no attempt to run.

Some of the choices made by players are astounding.
Stuff

Cadebrennus wrote: You can either take the advice in this thread or you can continue to ignore it and cry that the sky is falling. Your choice.
Yeah, nice try.
After this I will ignore you.

Read the First Post, and comment on it.
Realize what the issue is, and comment about it.

Your entire to contribution to any of it is this:
Cadebrennus wrote: Too difficult for mouth breathers.
Read sigs FTW. Up your reading comprehension skills.
If not a Caster then use a Small Shield. That alone (even unspecced) is a big nerf to Archery. Be smart with your shield procs. Another nerf to Archery.
If a Caster then keep your self casted BT up. Yet another nerf to Archery.
Basically, don't be a bad player and expect the Devs to fix something you're not doing yourself.
I guess as long as you stare at the sky with your mouth open as the pointy sticks come flying down at you, you will think Volley is OP.
Seriously, so many people do the dumbest things on this server and expect the Devs to fix their stupidity or lack of skill.
Now tell me how any of these addresses the forementioned issues?

@Astaa
How does any of that relate to the first Post?

brewtus23 wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 1:54 PM
so you specced out of volley as to not abuse the op skill then correct?

neither my r7 ranger nor my new r5 hunter have volley. I use longshot, defensive RAs and passives. Volley is like GTaE, a cheese ability that's great for RP leeching as you bullshit the enemy down at a keep.

My solo kill ratios are terrible enough as it is, and I don't do keep fight stuff enough to spend the points on another stupid leeching tool. so, ya, no volley.

Astaa wrote: That people just stand there or run in a small circle when getting vollied, then complain about it.

On an inner tower there isn't much room to run in the first place. And I mentioned earlier in the thread that by the time you realize you're getting hit with volley and run, in a straight fucking line to get out of it, you may have eaten a total of 4 of the 5 shots. That's 1400 damage or more and I'm being generous here as rangers can hit you for a lot more than that.

That means you're now snared. And if this is a real keep fight then it's highly probable that while the archers are coating the roof with volley fire than the casters have the room directly below covered with gtae. Which means you will probably get hit with a second volley elsewhere on the roof or get nuked as you crawl into the lord room to escape. So boom, you dead. This indirect aoe shit is a big reason why I try to avoid the cancer of keep fights in the first place.
Plundrin DaBooty 50 warrior, Sheelbah 50 hunter, Ninguable 50 bubble RM,
Homies BigLoco 50 SM, Upto NoGood 50 SB, Guzzolene 50 Thane, Phalanges 50 BD

Sheelba 50ranger, Babymetal 50hero, Mouser 50ns, Ningauble 50mentalcase
Alb Sucks

Astaa wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 9:06 AM
Had some guy rebuff out of stealth yesterday, chanced a volley where I saw him...he was still there, he ran around in a little circle for 3 shots, then I pinged him with a critshot to finish. Also had a sorc run at me after I crit shot him for 1075, no attempt to QC, no attempt to run.

Some of the choices made by players are astounding.

I think we can separate that Stealther into the "the sky is falling" category of players.

daytonchambers wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 12:59 PM
brewtus23 wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 1:54 PM
so you specced out of volley as to not abuse the op skill then correct?

neither my r7 ranger nor my new r5 hunter have volley. I use longshot, defensive RAs and passives. Volley is like GTaE, a cheese ability that's great for RP leeching as you bullshit the enemy down at a keep.

My solo kill ratios are terrible enough as it is, and I don't do keep fight stuff enough to spend the points on another stupid leeching tool. so, ya, no volley.

Astaa wrote: That people just stand there or run in a small circle when getting vollied, then complain about it.

On an inner tower there isn't much room to run in the first place. And I mentioned earlier in the thread that by the time you realize you're getting hit with volley and run, in a straight fucking line to get out of it, you may have eaten a total of 4 of the 5 shots. That's 1400 damage or more and I'm being generous here as rangers can hit you for a lot more than that.

That means you're now snared. And if this is a real keep fight then it's highly probable that while the archers are coating the roof with volley fire than the casters have the room directly below covered with gtae. Which means you will probably get hit with a second volley elsewhere on the roof or get nuked as you crawl into the lord room to escape. So boom, you dead. This indirect aoe shit is a big reason why I try to avoid the cancer of keep fights in the first place.

Even standing perfectly still I've gotten hit by 2 arrows MAXIMUM in a Volley, unless it's multiple Archers, then maybe, just maybe, 4 arrows max. I'll block half of them with 35 Shield on a Merc, and probably one out of four or five with an unspecced Shield on the Ranger. Many of those Volleying Archers eat a reactive DoT, and a few have even been killed by it since many if not most Archers don't have a healer in their group, and are probably sitting out their IP etc. while they are spamming Volley.

Archery and Volley in particular are ridiculously easy to counter.