Re: Volley Re-Balance

DJ2000 wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 12:20 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 7:25 PM
My suggestion is move!
That is a great comment. You know why?
After you move away, guess what happens? Volley has so low Cooldown, that roughly 8 sec after you "moved away", you are in the "zone" again. Solution? Move again!
So we move again. 8 sec and you will get hit again. Perfect example that this ability has too low cooldown.
Nothing lost for the Archer for using it or mis-firing it.

"It’s good for getting rp for someone killing enemy later.
But it’s primarily effective against people afk or simple."
I am not sure if I understand these 2 sentences. Can you elaborate maybe a bit?

@cadebrennus
Who are you and how petty can you be?

@kwal
5xx+crit (5x) are current Hib numbers that dont represent the other Archers, but they are way out of proportion thanks to the relics.

@Forlornhope
Reducing ht Cost is fine in my Book (5pts?).
As i think its a cool Ability for archers that is very fitting and useful. As far as i am concerned it could be a Bow-Skill tied ability even. The numbers are just off, not the ability itself.

Five's definitely reasonable and what I think it likely should have been set at to begin with. As to tying it into the bow spec line, I'd agree with that as. I'd also throw long shot in there as well to be honest. Although I really don't see that ever happening, so I think a good alternative would be to have volley set to some sort of fixed damage regardless of your spec in bow. So basically the damage wouldn't be tied to your spec at all. This could cause problems though, since it could make it an incredibly powerful skill for low bow spec users. I am not sure if you can crit with a volley, but if you can they should nip that in the bud as well. Honestly though, the best thing would likely just be a longer cooldown if they were to do anything about it at all. I have yet to be so overwhelmed by numerous volleys that I couldn't keep my group alive on my cleric though, so I personally don't think much alteration to the skill is necessary at all. Just an opinion though lol.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

DJ2000 wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 12:20 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 7:25 PM
My suggestion is move!
That is a great comment. You know why?
After you move away, guess what happens? Volley has so low Cooldown, that roughly 8 sec after you "moved away", you are in the "zone" again. Solution? Move again!
So we move again. 8 sec and you will get hit again. Perfect example that this ability has too low cooldown.
Nothing lost for the Archer for using it or mis-firing it.

"It’s good for getting rp for someone killing enemy later.
But it’s primarily effective against people afk or simple."
I am not sure if I understand these 2 sentences. Can you elaborate maybe a bit?

@cadebrennus
Who are you and how petty can you be?

@kwal
5xx+crit (5x) are current Hib numbers that dont represent the other Archers, but they are way out of proportion thanks to the relics.

@Forlornhope
Reducing ht Cost is fine in my Book (5pts?).
As i think its a cool Ability for archers that is very fitting and useful. As far as i am concerned it could be a Bow-Skill tied ability even. The numbers are just off, not the ability itself.

1) Read sigs FTW. Up your reading comprehension skills.

2) If not a Caster then use a Small Shield. That alone (even unspecced) is a big nerf to Archery. Be smart with your shield procs. Another nerf to Archery.

3) If a Caster then keep your self casted BT up. Yet another nerf to Archery.

Basically, don't be a bad player and expect the Devs to fix something you're not doing yourself.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 7:26 AM

2) If not a Caster then use a Small Shield. That alone (even unspecced) is a big nerf to Archery. Be smart with your shield procs. Another nerf to Archery.

Basically, don't be a bad player and expect the Devs to fix something you're not doing yourself.

- Even as a reaver with a shield spec, unless I'm engaging them, I still get hit for a good amount of damage. More than one volley in the area and I'm getting hit regardless.

- A caster just standing outside casting blade turn doesn't really nerf Archery, especially since it sends multiple arrows. Even if a caster repeatedly casts bladeturn, they can do nothing else and don't contribute to the defense.

- Also, it's not that you can't survive a volley or heal through it, it's the fact that you're trying to cast to help defend and keep getting hit by arrows.

Lokkjim wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 7:59 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 7:26 AM

- Even as a reaver with a shield spec, unless I'm engaging them, I still get hit for a good amount of damage. More than one volley in the area and I'm getting hit regardless.

- A caster just standing outside casting blade turn doesn't really nerf Archery, especially since it sends multiple arrows. Even if a caster repeatedly casts bladeturn, they can do nothing else and don't contribute to the defense.

- Also, it's not that you can't survive a volley or heal through it, it's the fact that you're trying to cast to help defend and keep getting hit by arrows.
If the caster is near others his chance of getting hit goes down. He also can then have time to reset BT.

You do know that BT has a short window, after is gets penetrated/used, that it cannot be applied again, right?
Don't try to tell me that Archery has no tools to penetrate a BT, now that would be silly.

@cadebrennus
Learn comprehension skills my friend. My Question to you was not me being unable to read your sig, as that would not answer my question to know who you are or how petty you can be.

@Forlornhope
By putting it into the Bow-Line it could free the usage of RPs, so that alone would be quite helpful.
As to how exactly, well .. i am not sure. Maybe like this...
10 Bow = Volley 1x
20 Bow = Volley 2x
30 Bow = Volley 3x
40 Bow = Volley 4x
50 Bow = Volley 5x
?

The biggest problem is the low Cooldown though. There is nothing to consider when using this ability, no drawbacks or anything.
Every other active RA u have to consider as to when to use it, this has none.
It is not like they need to shoot the moment u activate it. They can just hold their Fire until someone walks into their target area and then shoot. Which in itself is unique and i like that part actually, but combined with such a low cooldown it is rather iffy.

Astaa wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 11:51 AM
Don't stand in the fire.

LOL good answer.

If u have to open doors at keep/towers how you can avoid volley shot ? Standing away of doors ???
And how u can open ? With a magic word abracadabra ?

Kwall0311 wrote:
Fri 31 Jul 2020 9:16 PM
You cant suggest to move. When the entire ram/seige and walls can be blanketed by the massive amount of archers that are on.

This is a great suggestion, this has gone on for way too long. Atleast with a reduction in damage more time is given for defenders to counter,

If you think 400-500dmg +crit chance x5 over 5 seconds is ok you obviously dont do zerg rvr, or you play a hib.

so you specced out of volley as to not abuse the op skill then correct?

DJ2000 wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 10:32 AM
You do know that BT has a short window, after is gets penetrated/used, that it cannot be applied again, right?
Don't try to tell me that Archery has no tools to penetrate a BT, now that would be silly.

@cadebrennus
Learn comprehension skills my friend. My Question to you was not me being unable to read your sig, as that would not answer my question to know who you are or how petty you can be.

@Forlornhope
By putting it into the Bow-Line it could free the usage of RPs, so that alone would be quite helpful.
As to how exactly, well .. i am not sure. Maybe like this...
10 Bow = Volley 1x
20 Bow = Volley 2x
30 Bow = Volley 3x
40 Bow = Volley 4x
50 Bow = Volley 5x
?

The biggest problem is the low Cooldown though. There is nothing to consider when using this ability, no drawbacks or anything.
Every other active RA u have to consider as to when to use it, this has none.
It is not like they need to shoot the moment u activate it. They can just hold their Fire until someone walks into their target area and then shoot. Which in itself is unique and i like that part actually, but combined with such a low cooldown it is rather iffy.

I guess as long as you stare at the sky with your mouth open as the pointy sticks come flying down at you, you will think Volley is OP.

Seriously, so many people do the dumbest things on this server and expect the Devs to fix their stupidity or lack of skill.

I think it's hilarious to run around with my Medium Shield and just reactive proc Volleying Archers with a DoT. Even with bad or no healers I've never died to a Volley, EVER. If you're dying to Volley you really need to rethink how you approach this game, especially on a Reaver with a speccable Shield.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Cadebrennus wrote:
Sat 1 Aug 2020 10:42 PM
I guess as long as you stare at the sky with your mouth open as the pointy sticks come flying down at you, you will think Volley is OP.

Seriously, so many people do the dumbest things on this server and expect the Devs to fix their stupidity or lack of skill.

I think it's hilarious to run around with my Medium Shield and just reactive proc Volleying Archers with a DoT. Even with bad or no healers I've never died to a Volley, EVER. If you're dying to Volley you really need to rethink how you approach this game, especially on a Reaver with a speccable Shield.

What am I missing here?
This poor whataboutism-attempt can't be all there is to it, can it?
At which point was this about Reavers, about DoT reactives or about a shield spec?

Considering every post you made up until now: A Forum Troll, that's who and what you are.