Roll back Archery buffs

Started 29 Jul 2020
by howjaabah
in Suggestions
Hib ranger zerg literally dominates in any form battlegroup RvR due to extensive numbers, Scout ranged bows and self buffs + dmg add. Add in shots automatically breaking self BT casters literally are just deleted anywhere near any form a keep. If you honestly dont think Rangers in this stage aren't wildly broken you aren't tracking numbers or play hib. Getting hit by volley for 400+ every second means you have literally zero chance of survival.

In the least if rolling back archery buffs is too much then at least give Rangers hunter bows so they can't sit on top of towers and have better than NS range crit shots
Wed 29 Jul 2020 5:52 PM by Noashakra
Lol the buff was already rolled back my dude.
Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:00 PM by inoeth
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 5:52 PM

not really
some dedicated full bow rangers hit for 420+50 normal shots
that was not possible before and that is far too much ... literally everyone is a 3-4 shot
Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:48 PM by Noashakra
inoeth wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:00 PM
Noashakra wrote:

not really
that was not possible before and that is far too much ... literally everyone is a 3-4 shot

It is were it was before, you just don't remeber it.
It's just that nobody was spec 50 bow and 48PF before the up.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 12:13 AM by gotwqqd
It’s tough when the flags are dominated by 5+ hib snipers
Thu 30 Jul 2020 2:59 AM by dbeattie71
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

Was playing alb but getting run over by hib zergs and shot by 20 rangers started to suck. So back to playing my OP af Ranger lol. My sniper Ranger is only 4L1 and 50 bow, 367 dex with RAs, PF and draught. Crit for 777, regular for 388 and rapid II for ~200 every 1.6s. Those don't count damaage add or any procs of course.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 2:36 PM by Siouxsie
dbeattie71 wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 2:59 AM
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

Was playing alb but getting run over by hib zergs and shot by 20 rangers started to suck. So back to playing my OP af Ranger lol. My sniper Ranger is only 4L1 and 50 bow, 367 dex with RAs, PF and draught. Crit for 777, regular for 388 and rapid II for ~200 every 1.6s. Those don't count damaage add or any procs of course.

You are just adding to the problem. Rangers are often #1 class in numbers in /serverinfo
We need fewer rangers, not more.

Rangers as a class need some nerfs, not just bow damage, their melee damage is too high.
Nerf the self damage add, or drop them down one damage table level.
Thu 30 Jul 2020 4:31 PM by dbeattie71
Siouxsie wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 2:36 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

You are just adding to the problem. Rangers are often #1 class in numbers in /serverinfo

Rangers as a class need some nerfs, not just bow damage, their melee damage is too high.

Am I though? Others should do the same, if there are 120 Rangers on and the next highest class is Animist at 55, what do you think will happen?
Thu 30 Jul 2020 6:11 PM by The Skies Asunder
Siouxsie wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

Ranger is already on table 18 with all the other low damage classes for melee specs (Assassins, Warden, Bard). You would like them to deal less damage that these classes? What is the end goal here?
Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:22 PM by Cadebrennus
Siouxsie wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

This is a terrible idea.
Sat 1 Aug 2020 7:51 AM by Noashakra
Siouxsie showing again he has no idea about the game lol.
"Ranger is too OP, they shoot at 1000+ and are beasts in melee!!!"
No, you are one or the other. If you want to spec hybrid, your dmg are average at best. With 50 bow 48pf, you have almost 0 in dual and like 20 in melee spec...
He lives in an alternative universe.
Ranger had ok damages in melee, when we could reach close to 300 str. It's not the case anymore with the MoArcane nerf. Now it's just sub par. It was already dependant of IP and purge, so one potential kill every 15mn otherwise you die. So OP.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 2:11 PM by Ambron
People just running out of range before i can kill them with my ranger or they r too close so they just hit me and stop me from killing them.
I do not see problems with it.

A group of stealthers is always a problem. And dont tell me there are only hib stealther groups lol.
Before bow buff there was like only alb stealth grps. Now you dealing with the same shit.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:04 PM by Noashakra
Oh no, 3 rangers hit at 900x3 when 3 scouts hit at 800x3!!!!
Meanwhile hib has no stealthers with aemez and istun.

As a solo, it's the same shit for you anyway...
You die without any chance.
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:15 PM by Vegamite
should also include a vanish nerf... its not healthy for the game to have 25% of NF population be stealthers
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:57 PM by Astaa
dbeattie71 wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 4:31 PM
Siouxsie wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

Am I though? Others should do the same, if there are 120 Rangers on and the next highest class is Animist at 55, what do you think will happen?

Highest populated class is minstrel, nearly always and they don't even get a sniff of nerf, logic is flawed.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:11 AM by Sepplord
yeah minstrels, known as the magically never nerfed creatures
Mon 3 Aug 2020 12:11 PM by Cadebrennus
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 7:11 AM
yeah minstrels, known as the magically never nerfed creatures

It's impossible to hit them with a nerf. They have chain mail, SoS, stealth, and climb walls. Good luck getting a hit on them
Mon 3 Aug 2020 3:23 PM by Neso
That explains why they're never solo then.

Minstrel/skald hp ÷ average damage = enough rangers to get a hit
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:20 PM by Eoril
my 10L BD get rape : 727+35+54 from a brehon

daoc 2.0
Mon 3 Aug 2020 5:26 PM by Symptomettes
The real problem here is the balance between archers tbh. That's why there is so much difference in the numbers : Ranger > Scouts > Hunters 95% of the time. If we look into what happened for sins with Viper for all of them, all spec are pretty much the same for both Skills and ra and so pop aswell (more close to each others than archers let's be honest). Archers should be the same in terms of balance but it's not, that's why the numbers talk for themselves... No real balance so lot people will take the best one and so the winner is : Ranger obviously. I don't think nerfing again is the real solution here, what we need is a real archery change like live and the self buff for the three of them. And if we don't remoove the root style for scouts, at least nerf slam at 5 sec. Keep pet for hunters, and ranger will pretty much still be the same.

Ranger pop is high because it's the best in both melee and bow spec, more fun to play since once you are bored with a spec you can always change for something decent, Hybrid spec is really nice too (OP class are attractive : i'm talking about the three archers class. I personally don't think archers are that good compared to what they are now on live but i'm still playing one here) . That allow them to spec in three different way when you can't really have that much options for Hunters and Scouts.

And if you think that archers still need to be nerf cause of the assist @oneshot nukers : Play 8v8 or go solo zone. Most people that QQ about archery damage are the one sticking the Bg and have fun into taking keeps, there are litteraly tons of options to counter them... You just trolling or bad idk.

And do we read on forum : 8 man killing solo or small man so they need a nerf ? No... People should be allowed to play with their friends and still kill others even if they outnumbered them : without complain... Same for stealthers grp they have the right to exist, it's frustrating but it has always been a part of the game.
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:21 PM by Gildar
Vegamite wrote:
Sun 2 Aug 2020 4:15 PM
should also include a vanish nerf... its not healthy for the game to have 25% of NF population be stealthers

So true ... good point !!!
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:42 PM by daytonchambers
Noashakra wrote:
Wed 29 Jul 2020 6:48 PM
inoeth wrote:
Noashakra wrote:

not really

It is were it was before, you just don't remeber it.
It's just that nobody was spec 50 bow and 48PF before the up.

Prior to the archery changes I specced my ranger 50bow 48pf as a goof back when she was in the r6 range, just to see what kind of hurt I could bring. I never once broke 400 on a reg shot, even against soft armor with the correct arrow damage type. This was as a lurikeen with 368dex.

So, yet again, you're wrong.
Tue 4 Aug 2020 12:19 PM by Noashakra
Yet again? On what? On the NS where you went full strawman on me? Rofl!
Do people have screenshots comparing the two? Because man, I don't trust people to remember things correctly.the damages are slightly superior compared sin the buff nerf, but it's not a huge difference.
Especially since the MoArts nerf...
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics