TG cold dmg

Started 10 Jul 2020
by blapsley
in Suggestions
Please add a message like the dragon messages for when a cold proc goes off to name the person.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 1:57 AM by gruenesschaf
A super subtle hint: There is no need for such a message.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 2:23 AM by ExcretusMaximus
gruenesschaf wrote:
Mon 13 Jul 2020 1:57 AM
A super subtle hint: There is no need for such a message.

So cold procs don't trigger the massive raid-wide AoE that kills people without a template in one shot?

What's causing it then?
Mon 13 Jul 2020 4:40 AM by Khrin
I thought galla and sidi had some annoying bits... ...but holy hell TG is next level hell-tedious!
Mon 13 Jul 2020 8:55 AM by Uthred
I have to admit, I was kind of giggling when I joined a TG raid during the double feather event and people went crazy because of this cold proc urban legend/myth. I dont know who brought it up, but to make it pretty clear: it is just wrong.

Any mob in any epic dungeon (TG, Galla, Sidi) wasnt changed for a very long time and we never had any mechanics like this. Mostly two different things "trigger" a skill of a mob: either a mob uses a skill every XX seconds/minutes or a mob uses a skill at XX percent of his life. Thats it. No cold proc whatsoever.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 12:25 PM by gruenesschaf
There are some exceptions to this like nosdoden triggering stuff on player death or some encounter triggering things on proximity but for the most part it's timer and/or hp based, some timed abilities only becoming usable once or until a certain hp treshold is reached, e. g. the dragon won't do the ae teleport anymore after 10% to avoid people being outside of credit range when it dies.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 12:53 PM by gotwqqd
Uthred wrote:
Mon 13 Jul 2020 8:55 AM
I have to admit, I was kind of giggling when I joined a TG raid during the double feather event and people went crazy because of this cold proc urban legend/myth. I dont know who brought it up, but to make it pretty clear: it is just wrong.

Any mob in any epic dungeon (TG, Galla, Sidi) wasnt changed for a very long time and we never had any mechanics like this. Mostly two different things "trigger" a skill of a mob: either a mob uses a skill every XX seconds/minutes or a mob uses a skill at XX percent of his life. Thats it. No cold proc whatsoever.
So nothing happens when pets or aoe is used on mobs?
Mon 13 Jul 2020 12:59 PM by FunusGaming
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 13 Jul 2020 12:53 PM
Uthred wrote:
Mon 13 Jul 2020 8:55 AM

So nothing happens when pets or aoe is used on mobs?

Of course something happens when pets are used on mobs.. they keep on hitting the mob after DPS Stop has been called, and most casters wont release their timed or FNF pets to stop them form attacking.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 4:47 PM by Bumblina
Thank you Uthred. I got sick of telling people not to worry about Cold Items on my raids and being cursed at for telling lies. That i stopped telling people.

Now you have finally put this to rest!

I appreciate it!
Mon 13 Jul 2020 7:42 PM by Uthred
Welcome to the world of fake news.
Tue 14 Jul 2020 1:45 AM by CowwoC
Tbh TG feels way harder than the other epic raids because of how often trash mobs ae nuke in there.
Tue 14 Jul 2020 2:18 AM by Kwall0311
You cant use the word Hard and TG in the same sentence, you can only use it for Sidi, which is what half the realm gets when theres a raid. Hard
Tue 14 Jul 2020 6:05 AM by inoeth
Kwall0311 wrote:
Tue 14 Jul 2020 2:18 AM
You cant use the word Hard and TG in the same sentence, you can only use it for Sidi, which is what half the realm gets when theres a raid. Hard

yeah poor albs need some love.

TG is actually really easy because big and few rooms, easy to stick and afk
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics