Suggestion: Make it so that GTAE damage does not interupt

Started 9 Jul 2020
by Enyore
in Suggestions
Would make the tower/keep fights more fun if 3 well placed GTAE wouldn't lock down everything.

Discuss....
Thu 9 Jul 2020 7:55 PM by ExcretusMaximus
There's nothing to discuss, it's a shitty idea.
Thu 9 Jul 2020 7:57 PM by Enyore
What is really shitty is the way it works now....
Sun 12 Jul 2020 5:25 PM by joshisanonymous
For a minute there, after they changed GTAoE to require LoS from the target, I was able to stand against a wall and face it and avoid getting hit by GTAoE at all, but that only seemed to work for maybe the first week. It seems like GTAoE is just as powerful as ever in keep/tower fights.

I don't think this is a good suggestion, though.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 8:28 AM by Sepplord
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sun 12 Jul 2020 5:25 PM
For a minute there, after they changed GTAoE to require LoS from the target, I was able to stand against a wall and face it and avoid getting hit by GTAoE at all, but that only seemed to work for maybe the first week. It seems like GTAoE is just as powerful as ever in keep/tower fights.

I don't think this is a good suggestion, though.

Sounds like it was buigged at start when it checked YOUR LOS to the GT, instead of the other way around
Mon 13 Jul 2020 3:14 PM by ChristopH
GTAE runis the idea of keep/tower defence… and yes all realms can get it, but none wants to sacrifice their char just to interrupt in keep defence/attack.
This one spell runis the full fun in keep/tower fights.
Eldritch's don't spec in Void.
Few Runemasters spec Runecarving.
NO Wizards specced Earth Magic before the complete buff of Earth Magic.

So where are either the buff for Eldritch's & Runemasters or should we try to even just abit by removing or revamping the GTAE spells?

Thanks.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 3:27 PM by Lollie
Thing is the level 1 gtaoe spell interupts the same as the highest level gtoae, so you dont need to sacrafice that much inorder to get it.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 4:54 PM by DJ2000
Uth or gruenes may correct me here, but...
The Phoenix Dev-Team fully implemented this Spell as "Rupt" in mind; to make sure Tower/Keep Stalemates were not a thing or can be shackled in some way.

The Damage Aspect is not the Issue (unless up against 100+ Enemy Players, Values add up), so the whole point of this Spell is the "Rupt".
Taking that aspect out would deem this spell useless.

So the other thing would be the "No-LoS" Requirement to fire it off.
Which is debatable, as not all GT-AoE are treated the same in the Game. And for these Spells to not be like the way they are now, would render them useless.
Why use a clunky GT-AoE, that u need a LoS to with Recast Timer and low Dmg, compared to a regular spell that needs only targeting? You don't.
So GT-AoE are a mechanic on Phoenix, they are a thing to consider.
Doesn't mean its fun, but it is working as intended.

Eltrich - lvl 16 Void
Runemaster - lvl 19 Runecarving
Wizard - lvl 18 Earth Magic
Are enough to gain the full Benefit. Higher Lvl Spells only get you higher Dmg Values.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 6:35 PM by Helwyr
Seems like a really bad idea, GTAoE as an interrupt seems like a legitimate use of the spell. Frankly almost all these complaints about GTAoE miss the mark. the only time this type of spell ruins fights is when multiple casters are ground assisting one another. The solution for that would be to remove the GroundAssist command from the game, obviously that would also affect siege and volley, but perhaps that's not a bad thing either. The bigger issue in siege and tower fights most of the time IMO is castable pet spam from Cabalists, Spiritmasters, Enchanters, and to a much lesser degree Hunters that can bypass walls doors and everything else to get to their target. Charmed pets can do the same thing, but at least those generally can't be spammed. Not sure on the solution for that problem, as I don't think changing the pathing is easy or Mythic would have done it, perhaps having guards one shot pets when gate/doors are intact.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 7:30 PM by raghh
I agree; this would make sieging less painful.
Mon 13 Jul 2020 7:59 PM by Enyore
To make the GTAE spells not interupt what they hit have the following consequences.
- Lower level GTAE spell will loose their point except to leach a few rps and get the kill credit.
- Lower level GTAE spells will not be able to lock down full zergs of people defending towers and keeps.
- Higher level GTAE spell will still make continuous damage and as such be fully viable in keep fights.
Thu 16 Jul 2020 9:03 PM by Nachtfee
something should be change, GTAE still works without LOS, Shrooms hit me trough walls, nekro hits me through walls eld gtae hits me in Tower´s. So the current System seems not really work very well
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics