PvP zone needs an element of chaos - please allow duos (group cap: 2)!

Started 7 Jul 2020
by kensing
in Suggestions
As of now, mostly everyone is standing around in the same spot, dueling the same people all day long.

The most fun is when some caster comes along and shakes things up - but they get shut down so quickly because everybody has each others backs. The unwritten rules that we all play by are taking away all the exciting action.

I propose allowing groups of max 2 players, which means soloers won't be completely rolled over as they will surely continue to have each others backs. This would introduce the element of chaos which makes PvP so much fun, in my opinion. I imagine it would also spread out the action more.

I realize a main concern has to do with not wanting to draw away too many players from NF, and I think the group cap of 2 would ensure that as well
Tue 7 Jul 2020 8:59 PM by Pogow
Maybe alow people to only grp (duo) once their inside that zone and grp reset's at death.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 9:59 PM by pollojack
Jesus christ, what is yalls problem with respecting other players fights existing?
Wed 8 Jul 2020 2:17 AM by Nephamael
If you get bored by the solo zone, go frontier solo, get rolled over by 5-8 a couple of times and then come back more happily enjoying the zone again
Wed 8 Jul 2020 2:18 AM by Nephamael
Btw i agree, if its just a few players it is pretty static, the more are in the zone the more exciting the action. Give it some weeks, some solos that quit over the last months will come back and when we got 20+ in the zone the action is great.
Wed 8 Jul 2020 9:00 AM by Sepplord
kensing wrote: ↑
Tue 7 Jul 2020 8:40 PM
As of now, mostly everyone is standing around in the same spot, dueling the same people all day long.

i thought they forbid the bowtowns?
Wed 8 Jul 2020 9:33 AM by evert
Sepplord wrote: ↑
Wed 8 Jul 2020 9:00 AM
kensing wrote: ↑
Tue 7 Jul 2020 8:40 PM

i thought they forbid the bowtowns?

enforcement is another thing...
Wed 8 Jul 2020 11:52 AM by Blitze
I agree, PvP zone needs some spice!
It’s only fair duels now with high RRs and/or great dueling classes.

Which is ok but gets boring quick

To stop the duels there needs to be incentives to fight quickly and haphazardly so that 1v1v1s happen and 1v2s etc... this also brings in lower RRs and non-dueling classes who in the current set-up get no kills and no RPs.

Therefore, a timer that gives increased RPs when u kill within first 2min of entering zone. Or some mini-tasks (capture flag, weather storm, etc)
Wed 8 Jul 2020 1:55 PM by inoeth
stop trying to destroy solo game ffs! what we need is zergers mind their own business....
Wed 8 Jul 2020 2:03 PM by Sepplord
well, apparently most are minding their own business and the dueltowns go unreported
Wed 8 Jul 2020 2:20 PM by LegalEagle52
Damn ... how many threads can be made where the same people have the same argument?
Wed 8 Jul 2020 6:31 PM by Nephamael
well, apparently most are minding their own business and the dueltowns go unreported

at low pop with less than 5 players in the zone, there is not much else you can do, than meet at one point and fight there...

Recently it worked pretty well to not zerg down adders at sight tho, which was a huge problem in frontier bow towns.
When i was on they usually got killed 1v1, which is about as much as they could hope for.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics