Few suggestions for if DB event ever comes back.

Started 7 Jul 2020
by jhaerik
in Suggestions
1) Allow groups being formed without a primary healer is long as you have two viable secondary healers Friar/Warden/Shammy/Bard/Ment can all do a good enough job of it to make it to at least wave 30 or 35 without too much issue. It was a real bottleneck on the queue times. The excuse of 'they might not be specced for it' really doesn't work either as I ran into some full pac healers (one of which didn't know how to cc) and a smite cleric along the way...

2) For groups of all level 40+ skip the first 10 waves. It's really just a time waste and a bit boring. By that level you have the tools to Trio through the first 10 waves with no issues.

3) Add in a couple neutral mobs somewhere that can be charmed. Not a huge issue but would help a few classes bring a little more to the table. (Mostly minis/sorcs)

4) Archers shouldn't be on the same queue as stealthers. They actually do some pretty terrific single target damage with tinders down, and scouts tank decently for the event as well. Even Rangers/Hunter are about as useful as Skalds/Valewalkers.

5) Mini shouldn't be on the stealth queue either. They are hella useful when you are lacking CC.

Other than that was a solid event.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 6:04 AM by phelger
Really, maybe even bypass the healer check for new toons. Better to die at 10 waves than sit there for an hour because no one wants to be a lvl 1 cleric.

And on the scout part. I rolled a disposable one just for something to do and I couldn't even begin to count how often it was the only shield spec in group.
Don't know what I'm gonna do with dragon fang and brutalize now, but it was fun.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 7:13 AM by Centenario
Also add a purchasable Spec buff bot for 20g per 20mins.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 8:23 AM by Khrin
No-one wants to be a level 1 anything, just go and take a whole hour to get to 15 or so first.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 9:35 AM by jhaerik
I guess the main reasoning behind my points is I'd much rather, during an event at least, do 2-3 runs that get to wave 15-20 than wait for a run that likely doesn't get much further just due to having spec buffs or a healer who.. likely doesn't know how to play the class to begin with.

At the basic level that people leveling alts tend to play at (lets face it most people leveling a healing class 2 years into the server likely aren't all that experienced at it) which involves spamming a major heal or spammed the minor group heal and casting some buffs (often incorrectly or only with much begging) there isn't much difference in having 2 friars or a friar and a druid. I'd also argue that a warden + bard is a much stronger combination for the event than having a Druid and a Cleric would be.

Regardless the event was "fine" but I just feel the group restrictions were far too strict for the content and goal of the event.

The only real restriction I feel should be needed ,and ISN'T, is every group should include some form of decent duration aoe CC be it root or mez. I had a group make it to 31 waves after the druid left with just a friar healing because we had a Theurg AoE rooting. According to the structuring of the groups by the system Skald/Zerker/Nightshade/Necro/Necro/Bonedancer/Cleric/Druid is a valid group..... but Warrior/Hero/Armsman/Wizard/Spiritmaster/Warden/Bard/Friar is not...
Tue 7 Jul 2020 12:05 PM by Sixin2082
jhaerik wrote:
Tue 7 Jul 2020 2:46 AM
4) Archers shouldn't be on the same queue as stealthers. They actually do some pretty terrific single target damage with tinders down, and scouts tank decently for the event as well. Even Rangers/Hunter are about as useful as Skalds/Valewalkers.

The best MA from any run I did was a scout.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 1:14 PM by jhaerik
Sixin2082 wrote:
Tue 7 Jul 2020 12:05 PM
jhaerik wrote:
Tue 7 Jul 2020 2:46 AM

The best MA from any run I did was a scout.

My second best run (died wave 48) had a scout as well. Only managed to get to 54 on my best run so I mean... not a big diff.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics