PvP zone Feedback

Started 3 Jul 2020
by Nephamael
in Suggestions
Hey guys, after some days into the new PvP zone it's time for feedback.

Everyone is welcome to share his ideas if he or she actually played/plays the zone.

Imo the zone is the best it can be for us solos and has more to offer than any other zone or concept we had so far on Phoenix.
I would currently change nothing but maybe sometimes the zone, for another terrain.

-
The RP/h so far seem very balanced to frontier RvR.
Most of my toons end up at around 7-11k/h. On my Nightshade or Champion i can get to 14-15k/h = about the same i do in zerg.
The most i've seen was some high rr Assassins or Champions reching up to about 20k/h, which is alright if they play very active.
Casual low rank people in the zone often can't get more than 4-6k/h mostly, many of them sadly leave the zone after seeing too little success. - But i also observed good low rank action, when the zone was active enough (mostly EU to NA time).
-
The classes seen could be a bit more diverse, but a natural shift is happening.
If there is too many strong melees (champ, merc) people logg casters, if there is too many casters people logg assassins, if there is too many assassins people logg hard tanks.
I would be happy if we would see some weaker but fun 1v1 classes (warden, scout, svg) seeing some love for their solo power and maybe tweak down the champion for 1v1 a bit while keeping him in same shape or buff him a bit for 8v8. - But besides some classes naturally being over represented there is already most viable solo classes present in the zone (even smite clerics! ).
It is up to us solos to have a bit of courage, to play not only the strongest 1v1 characters too.
The zone has been more exciting at higher pop, when people can find fights easier, roaming a bigger area. At lower pop the action that forms gathers at the portals, but that's better than no action, like in the Last Man Standing Zone at low pop.
-
So far most people try not to duel in circles - big thanks to the GMs, enforcing the new rule in the first days of the zone.
Even if just roaming around the portals, it's still tons more exciting than sitting and /bow duels only .
-
After actually being able to solo in this zone when i choose to, i feel more happy to play more 8v8 and sometimes zerg a bit again, might be others feel the same, let me know.

Overall i can just say: Big thanks to the DEVs and GMs for making this happen! We are a rather small community, but now we have our place to enjoy solo action on Phoenix!
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:13 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Question: I see that small groups are allowed to form, what if they kill the solos?
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:14 AM by Nephamael
Question: I see that small groups are allowed to form, what if they kill the solos?

If you port in with a grp of 2-5 you get into another zone than the solos.
Fri 3 Jul 2020 4:16 AM by Nephamael
@ region chat being disabled

I personally find the action inside the zone more enjoyable, since the constant whine/fighting in /region chat was removed.

But i think maybe we can activate region chat in the staging area, so the people inside the active PvP zone can not see it.

Or we could give the region chat a timer like /advice and reactivate it.
Fri 3 Jul 2020 9:58 AM by Noashakra
For me it gets boring after 30mn max (only people 10L+ or champ/thane/rever/bd/ministrel). I go there I make 2/3 good fights and I leave. But if people have fun, that's all that matter.
20 people there on average, so people telling you it kills the rvr are lying.
Fri 3 Jul 2020 10:53 AM by opossum12
I've been there on my merc 2-3 nights really late before bed time and while there was very little pop, it still makes it fun not to have to run around for 2 hours to get fights.
Fri 3 Jul 2020 1:30 PM by joshisanonymous
Haven't been in the zone, so can't say anything about how it is, but I find the claims about the RP/hour for different activities pretty questionable. Maybe the Hib zerg is different from the Mid zerg, but 15k/hour is definitely not normal in a Mid BG except maybe at RR1 or something. Also, 20k/hour is an exceptionally high rate. I've literally never /stats'd anyone and seen that rate, not even PK. If 7k-11k is the norm, though, that does seems in line with any other RvR activity.
Fri 3 Jul 2020 3:58 PM by Noashakra
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 3 Jul 2020 1:30 PM
Haven't been in the zone, so can't say anything about how it is, but I find the claims about the RP/hour for different activities pretty questionable. Maybe the Hib zerg is different from the Mid zerg, but 15k/hour is definitely not normal in a Mid BG except maybe at RR1 or something. Also, 20k/hour is an exceptionally high rate. I've literally never /stats'd anyone and seen that rate, not even PK. If 7k-11k is the norm, though, that does seems in line with any other RvR activity.

I was running at 4krp the last time.
I think azetq was doing 20krp per hour but he was playing mage (mentalist), and they can chain targets (mez+stun).
Sat 4 Jul 2020 4:28 PM by Nephamael
but 15k/hour is definitely not normal in a Mid BG except maybe at RR1 or something. Also, 20k/hour is an exceptionally high rate. I've literally never /stats'd anyone and seen that rate

The zerg stats i posted was mid zerg with my skald. But i rarely perform under 15k/h with the grps i form in hib/alb/mid zerg.
If you form groups yourself and keep them in healthy shape you will surely perform about the same.

I have been reaching 28k/h on my Nightshade solo in the frontier sometimes, with good task runs. But it's an average you can't maintain for more than 1-2h max. It requires an extreme level of focus, activity and flawless decision making + luck and enough inc :p
You can reach such numbers with extremely well performing 8men too, but usually not for a longer time.
Sun 5 Jul 2020 3:59 PM by Siouxsie
Nephamael wrote:
Sat 4 Jul 2020 4:28 PM
I have been reaching 28k/h on my Nightshade solo in the frontier sometimes, with good task runs. But it's an average you can't maintain for more than 1-2h max. It requires an extreme level of focus, activity and flawless decision making + luck and enough inc :p
You can reach such numbers with extremely well performing 8men too, but usually not for a longer time.

It's easy to solo on Nightshade. It's the top stealth class on the server. Stealther on training wheels!
Sun 5 Jul 2020 4:28 PM by Noashakra
Siouxsie wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 3:59 PM
Nephamael wrote:
Sat 4 Jul 2020 4:28 PM

It's easy to solo on Nightshade. It's the top stealth class on the server. Stealther on training wheels!

lol, no. It's the worst of the three. Triple dots is so strong, and it's OP when you hit 100% left hand, on top the NS has to nerf themself by going piercing if you want to do the same (the balde is 3.3).
The inflitrator with the 2s stun bait, the 34% hast debuff and the 50 dual for max left hand chance (and the anytime face bleed now) is also stronger.
I see a lot of people saying NS is the best, but they have no arguments for that. 20 str / con less, and a DD OP!
Sun 5 Jul 2020 6:40 PM by Nephamael

All 3 assassins are very strong solos.

NS is stronger at high rank vs SB if NS is blade, but if NS is pierce it's dead even.
Inf is dead even vs both sb and ns at high rank and stronger at low/mid rank.
SB is very strong low rank cause of 100% la hit.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 4:24 PM by Noashakra
Nephamael wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 6:40 PM

NS is stronger at high rank vs SB if NS is blade, but if NS is pierce it's dead even.

People keep saying the NS is stronger at high rr, I am asking you, why?
even at RR11, you can't have 50 dual and 50 CS like the inf, (NS can do 44CS 43 dual at 10/11L, and you don't have access to the ASR blade in that case) on top the inf has a 2sec stun on evade that you can pass many times during the fight. If you purge it, it means the 6sec stun arrives in the next 15s and the fight is over. Otherwise keep doing it every 10s, also ASR 34s... The SB is applying poisons faster with the 100% hit off hand is OP for left hand procs for triple dots.

Why the NS would be better at higher rank. The DD stays the same and you have less life and less str. I am still waiting for one argument about why the NS would be better.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 6:02 PM by thirian24
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 6 Jul 2020 4:24 PM
Nephamael wrote:
Sun 5 Jul 2020 6:40 PM

even at RR11, you can't have 50 dual and 50 CS like the inf, (NS can do 44CS 43 dual at 10/11L, and you don't have access to the ASR blade in that case) on top the inf has a 2sec stun on evade that you can pass many times during the fight. If you purge it, it means the 6sec stun arrives in the next 15s and the fight is over. Otherwise keep doing it every 10s, also ASR 34s... The SB is applying poisons faster with the 100% hit off hand is OP for left hand procs for triple dots.

Why the NS would be better at higher rank. The DD stays the same and you have less life and less str. I am still waiting for one argument about why the NS would be better.

Its b/c most of these people dont play or havent played all 3 assassins. Its just cheeky to say that shit.

As stated, the NS is stuck in a corner with really only being able to spec 44CS, unless you like like the wonky playstyle that a DW NS would offer. SB is very strong, and Infil has the absolute most utility available out of all 3 of the sneaks with their high spec points. This give the infil options of many spec variations.

I have and have played all 3 of the assassins here on Phoenix. Imo at almost any RR, the infil out shines all of them. Once you get alittle bit of rank on the SB, id say rr4-5, the SB becomes very very strong also.

Now, all of this is taking into consideration that all 3 assassins are speced properly, correct weapons, gear, procs, poison rotations, proper style usage for the correct enemy and for the right time during the fight. There are many many many things that go into playing an assassin to its full potential, and i see and talk to soooooo many people that are very very lacking.

Ultimately, thats why you hear these arguments. Such and such assassin is OP. Its b/c the majority of the people playing assassins, arent specced right, spamming anytime styles, wrong poisons, not tempd, wrong weapons etc etc and the list goes on and on.
Mon 6 Jul 2020 6:43 PM by Nephamael

The reason why NS is strong in highrank and very strong vs SB if he is blade is because NS naturally has more dex and qui, so his evade is better, but NS needs the stats boost of a lot of aug str to get to decent weaponskill if he is blade.

Ofc that all doesn't apply in the same way if he is pierce. But a pierce NS also gets a lot stronger at high rank because he got the points for toughness and aug con on top of the dps passives by then and stops to be so squishy.

Also NS needs high rr to be able to have good level of cd on top of 44 or 50 cs cause of lack of spec points, unlike inf, which is why inf is a lot stronger at low/mid rr and only evens out at high rr.
Tue 7 Jul 2020 7:20 AM by Noashakra
Sorry, but atm, when I fight an inf/sb, I have 25% evade chance vs 27% for the inf/sb, because of the lower WS.
I doubt have force 5 instead of force 2 atm will change this number. by a lot. Even if the NS had 2% more, it doesn't compensate the lack of dps and hp.
If you have to spend points to be less squichy, it's points the other classes can also use to be even less squichier than you. The SB has like 400 hp more because of higher constittuion and better hp table. I trade that vs my "better" evade anyday.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a nerf for the other classes, or a up from the NS. But it's objectively the worst of the 3. Even truer since the bonus nerf on armor.
Wed 8 Jul 2020 2:21 AM by Nephamael
I doubt have force 5 instead of force 2 atm will change this number.
if u play blade ns i strongly suggest getting str5 asap and eventually str7 or 8, it will make a huge difference
Wed 8 Jul 2020 11:33 PM by Nephamael
Hey @ solo community, a recent development i have been observing with dislike is some of the high ranks, who dominate the PvP zone at all daytimes were chainkilling low ranks, even such that played underdog classes.

I would appreciate if we can all try to let the low ranks/underdog classes choose their fights, so they can enjoy the zone much more.

Else they will leave the zone and we are left with only high rr mercs, champs and sins Noone wants that!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Suggestions or the latest topics