Minstrel pet fix

Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Re: Minstrel pet fix

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:30 AM
Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)

+1 this

However the un-CC loophole should be closed. If the pet is mezzed/stunned/rooted, releasing it should not release the CC affect. Recharming should also not release the effect. That would go a long way to fixing things.

Re: Minstrel pet fix

Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:30 AM
Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)
You mean can’t cast a charm....not HOLD

Re: Minstrel pet fix

gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 1:01 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:30 AM
Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)
You mean can’t cast a charm....not HOLD

Hold as in keep maintaining. Is there a better word for this? If so let me know and I'll edit.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Re: Minstrel pet fix

Siouxsie wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 12:46 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 1 Jun 2020 9:30 AM
Make the charm pulse usable when running but make it an interruptible cast (not insta). Many self buff spells on Live work like this. You can cast them while running but they are still interruptible.

This way the Minstrel can't hold a charm if he keeps getting hit in combat. His pet will turn on him. If the Minstrel is able to free cast he can get his pet back (by mezzing etc. then getting a few seconds to re-charm.)

+1 this

However the un-CC loophole should be closed. If the pet is mezzed/stunned/rooted, releasing it should not release the CC affect. Recharming should also not release the effect. That would go a long way to fixing things.

If a Minstrel lets go of his/her pet so that it attacks him/her to break CC, then the Minstrel won't be able to re-charm the pet since it will keep interrupting the Minstrel, if it's a system like I propose. At that point it becomes a hindrance rather than a boon. The Minstrel can either a) stay CC'ed or use Purge like everyone else, or b) use this exploit to break CC on themselves at the expense of having a mob constantly aggro him/her the rest of the fight.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Re: Minstrel pet fix

Pet release shouldn't break pet cc and the pet should have charm immunity for 1 minutes. it's getting ridiculous that every minstrel comes with a perma purge with the pet release and instantly re-charm. it's an exploit that I thought someone would have seen ahead of time.

Re: Minstrel pet fix

Lpined wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 4:04 AM
Pet release shouldn't break pet cc and the pet should have charm immunity for 1 minutes. it's getting ridiculous that every minstrel comes with a perma purge with the pet release and instantly re-charm. it's an exploit that I thought someone would have seen ahead of time.

I completely agree with this. Your suggestion + my suggestion would be a permanent solution to this exploit.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Re: Minstrel pet fix

Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 5:11 AM
Lpined wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 4:04 AM
Pet release shouldn't break pet cc and the pet should have charm immunity for 1 minutes. it's getting ridiculous that every minstrel comes with a perma purge with the pet release and instantly re-charm. it's an exploit that I thought someone would have seen ahead of time.

I completely agree with this. Your suggestion + my suggestion would be a permanent solution to this exploit.
Your suggestion that a minstrel needs to charm a pet whenever he is attacked is over the top.
Pulses should not be changed, having to recast after losing charm is. And casting while moving being interruptable is fine.

Re: Minstrel pet fix

gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 6:20 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 5:11 AM
Lpined wrote:
Tue 2 Jun 2020 4:04 AM
Pet release shouldn't break pet cc and the pet should have charm immunity for 1 minutes. it's getting ridiculous that every minstrel comes with a perma purge with the pet release and instantly re-charm. it's an exploit that I thought someone would have seen ahead of time.

I completely agree with this. Your suggestion + my suggestion would be a permanent solution to this exploit.
Your suggestion that a minstrel needs to charm a pet whenever he is attacked is over the top.
Pulses should not be changed, having to recast after losing charm is. And casting while moving being interruptable is fine.

I'm just trying to find a way that is reasonable and removes the exploit from use. So how would you fix the CC exploit but still allow pets to be used in combat and particularly against CC?
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902