Re: PvE Changes

Just a simple 👎.

It's not what Daoc is and was about, it's boring, ineffective, a wow'ish attempt to ruin a long approved and beloved system.

Just... Don't !

The only positive I can see from this is the possibility of breathing some life into the BGs. Since they should, if I understand right, be exempt from the changes as a non PVE zone. One thing's for certain though, I won't be leveling anything else on this server. And if the addition of this system removes things like LB, the only worth while form of feather farming the five or six active members of my guild can do, then it seems I'll be looking for something else to play once my feather stock/gold runs out.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier

Thanks guys for implementing this much needed change. There simply isn’t enough population to sustain normal leveling anymore. I was going to quit last week but I’m back and having a blast. It’s great getting to invite new players who would normally get passed up by veterans who don’t want to bother with them.

I also really like how the change is confined to one zone so it isn’t mandatory for the more hardcore leveling experience crowd. Every player I’ve seen leveling in the new zone has been having a blast.

The only drawback I see is support players not scaling with the rest of the group, for example, a level 5 healer is pretty useless, but a level 5 wizard can hold their own. Perhaps a solution is in the works?

Anyways, thanks for the much needed change and cheers to your fantastic server. Thanks for keeping classic daoc alive. Broadsword isn’t interested apparently

Smricha1 wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021 3:11 AM
I also really like how the change is confined to one zone so it isn’t mandatory for the more hardcore leveling experience crowd. Every player I’ve seen leveling in the new zone has been having a blast.

It's not staying that way. Every non-instanced non-RvR zone is changing.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

Hellekin wrote:
Thu 22 Jul 2021 9:06 PM
It's not what Daoc is and was about, it's boring, ineffective, a wow'ish attempt to ruin a long approved and beloved system.

Not saying the system is great, i haven't tested it, although on paper it has a ton of upsides and benefits.

This "argument" made me chuckle though...it's a real classic, but this is the first time i have seen it being used in regards to PvE changes

not what daoc is about when levelling gets modified

boring? inneffectiv? sounds like the old school spirit is still there then though

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021 4:05 AM
Smricha1 wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021 3:11 AM

It's not staying that way. Every non-instanced non-RvR zone is changing.

Why?

Smricha1 wrote:
Fri 23 Jul 2021 9:41 AM
Why?

It's been awhile since I read the entire thread, but if I remember correctly it's to combat AFK farming, make people move around and see more of the game, and open up groups to help with the lower population.

Personally, having tried it and keeping in mind that it's supposed to be a complete replacement for the current situation, I think it's garbage; the rewards aren't good, running around looking for one or two mobs for ten minutes to get the next wave to pop, and a lack of loot in its current iteration are all issues that need addressed before it will be a decent change.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

I think it would be a bad idea to put this all over. I wouldn’t go to a dungeon to do this stuff… what’s the point when I can do it in the si zone? Leave our classic zones alone 👍

So, I tried this for the past week, and all I thought was that you basically remade ToA.

We run around a 'dungeon' looking for the right mobs to kill them to make them 'pop' the next level / mob / area / puzzle to the 'event' then kill everything there in a zergvest lacking any form of intelligence or planning in killing. Everything about the system, especially if there are multiple groups / solos / etc there, incentivizes recklessly killing as fast as possible to get the most experience.

Except, all the benefits are missing as I don't get a cool new ability or unique loot, and i have to do this event again and again and again, 10,000 or more times PER CHARACTER to finally get fifty, the whole point of the affair.

ToA at least only made me do each event a few times, once per each character, and gave me really cool loot and abilities for it (even if those abilities completely changed RvR).

So im not sure I truly understand what the change truly means or is? in daoc a level 50 could always group with a level 1 and they would still get exp as long as the level 50 got exp so whats the difference?