Re: PvE Changes

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Jun 2021 8:32 AM
gruenesschaf wrote: This time however we won't scale the damage taken any further, it is what it is.

This part at the end is throwing me off...what would the "even further" scaling be?

Overall the scaling system sounds great and being able to group with ANY player LFG regardless of levels will be really huge for the levelling experience

It kind of just means that we can't use damage taken as something that gives participation in the public events as a low level player would otherwise be at a severe disadvantage. The damage scaling, and hence low level people probably doing more damage per hit, seems fine as they have a lot less quick / dex and hence attack slower in general.

We'll probably do a quick test this weekend or early next week regarding scaling. This test will not include the new public events, literally just the scaling. To better see what isn't covered by scaling yet we'll disable the "simulated" / fake damage numbers during the test.

The only missing parts needed for the initial test are scaling player / pet healing + hots and scaling the damage done by mob spells. Not required for the test but required before it can actually be used would be to answer how to handle collection task items and trash loot.

Tried it a few times today with a group ranging from 1-50.

It's a interesting concept, and I'm not sure how far the progress has come and what remains to be implemented.
There is a lot of running and searching involved, people were generally getting the same xp as 4 x mob kills as the "event reward" which was a major disappointment. Always had to take a 5 minute search for that 1 last mob every time event was nearing close, which made the whole ordeal quite not worth it.

Its nice that we can group at any levels, still - a static old school camp will still be better xp at this moment, but im guessing its too early to draw any real conclusions.

GoodOldNick wrote:
Sun 18 Jul 2021 4:59 PM
a static old school camp will still be better xp at this moment

At this moment, sure, but there won't be any old school static camps when this goes fully live.
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

Tried the event 30 mn and already bored...

concept of scaling to help grouping all levels and kill x amount of monster to obtain extra xp task is cool...

but... not fun to have to roam non stop to try to find mobs and even lesser fun when try to find the last mobs...
Not fun too for mana class since they cant regen... running all time sit 4 second (if you can) no time to regen, need to heal or PBAOE no mana...
On classic xp you can regen between pull, while now you have to move....

really think the good balance is to keep the concept but with a classic respawn model...

Thx to staff for your hard work.

cortexqc wrote:
Sun 18 Jul 2021 8:54 PM

concept of scaling to help grouping all levels and kill x amount of monster to obtain extra xp task is cool...

but... not fun to have to roam non stop to try to find mobs and even lesser fun when try to find the last mobs...
Not fun too for mana class since they cant regen... running all time sit 4 second (if you can) no time to regen, need to heal or PBAOE no mana...

really think the good balance is to keep the concept but with a classic respawn model...

Yeah, we did it with a enchantments enchanter (mana procc regen) and casters were always on 100% power (except for me as enchanter, who was always at 0% power for some strange reason) but I tried again as a healing class and while you have a point that the melee guys in class left us mana users at 0%, this is not a problem with the roam playstyle per se - its a problem with a few group members not respecting regen and just running off to the next pull.

I think what really breaks this entire style of PvE is the fact that we have to run around too much, it does not make xping more effective or help in that regard, it just adds another time drain between killing mobs, now we dont only have to rest between pulls, but we also have to rest, run and search and the searching part can really take a while, especially with that 1 mob always remaining in the end. The event completion reward should be upped by extreme amounts, until it becomes the main way to earn XP and thus the end goal, that would make this "more adventorous" playstyle totally worth it.

GoodOldNick wrote:
Sun 18 Jul 2021 9:33 PM
cortexqc wrote:
Sun 18 Jul 2021 8:54 PM

Yeah, we did it with a enchantments enchanter (mana procc regen) and casters were always on 100% power (except for me as enchanter, who was always at 0% power for some strange reason) but I tried again as a healing class and while you have a point that the melee guys in class left us mana users at 0%, this is not a problem with the roam playstyle per se - its a problem with a few group members not respecting regen and just running off to the next pull.

I think what really breaks this entire style of PvE is the fact that we have to run around too much, it does not make xping more effective or help in that regard, it just adds another time drain between killing mobs, now we dont only have to rest between pulls, but we also have to rest, run and search and the searching part can really take a while, especially with that 1 mob always remaining in the end. The event completion reward should be upped by extreme amounts, until it becomes the main way to earn XP and thus the end goal, that would make this "more adventorous" playstyle totally worth it.

Not all realm have enchant enchanter mana proc, necro can transfert mana yes, but group effectiveness need to depend on 1 class spec to be able to chain ? i think it's against the concept GM are trying to put in place.
But you have some good point. group mate can wait mana user, but xp is not really good cause of need to move and find monsters... so if we have to wait regen... it don't worst it.
Maybe xp for event related monster need to have a big special %bonus xp and final reward completion need to be upgraded by a lot to worst regen, roaming, search monsters.

I think this PvE change is going to create very unstable groups. I leveled decently fast during high mob times, but after that it was running around and people were getting very bored. This will lead to groups collapsing very often after initial phase of the area events. I also got 0 loot, not even trash sell loot, in 3 levels when grouped up.

I know the goal is to get people moving so there isn't just groups setup and farming/botting half people afk. I think remaining mobs should appear in range of players visibility if there are remaining mobs and there are none in view of a group that isn't in combat. I don't think they should appear right on top of, but at least in view where the group will have to move to kill them. There should never be any remaining mobs not in view of a player.

So, you can make camps of blue mobs, another of yellow,, orange, red and purple for xpers (solo, small, grp, whatever, the lvl of mobs geing adapted to lvl of players).
You can add camps of special mobs for Feathers, other camps for rogs.
All these camps can be in 1 area. So no need of all the actual zones, You cn delete all, just keep one.
Nothing to search, nothing to discover. Only grinding.
And if players get bored, i have an idea for you: make the /lvl50 command.

Do you plan to give some small chance for every mob to drop some salvage loot ? You can see some post about it in this forum, for exemple midgard have no real spot to farm money.... So Just give 1% chance to every monsters to give salvage item can satisfy camping class.