Re: Style Overhaul Attempt 2

Remove the backsnare style on friars killed the solo roaming friars Life.

Atm no nway for a friar to avoid opponents to escape from the combat to survive, take distance , kite and kill you Easy.

Classes that become hard or unkillable for a friar :

Wardens using twf , could Easy kite you , heal and return to combat full Life or leave the combat.
Champions using snare style could kite use First Aid and rerurn to combat so in case they could have 3 Life bar.
Skalds could Easy mezz and snare you and get out of combat use First Aid and return to fight or kill you with kite DD , and if you finally reach them , they could snare you again and leave.
Shadowblades or Nightsgades , using disease , could get out of combat Easy w/o use vanish.
Shamans ( lol ) become unckillable at all , they use pbaoe disease and if you reach them w/o a snare style, they kite you for ethernity and dot , root you till death.
Bonedancers with casting snare Pets , could Easy kite you and mono-button LT you to death.
Enchanters with sbarre pet , same of bonedancers ..
Eldritch , could Easy do a stare DD on you and kite you , no way whev you are in melee to avoid the escape..
VW could snare with the cast , kite and drain you too.

The side style snare could be good in group as rej spec , for peel ppls.
But in train assist or for the solo Life , remove the backsnare broken the friar too much.

The other changes done could be ok, Just Need to test them.

Atm the real big problem Is the snare style , this impact too much in fights mechanics.

Averox

averok83 wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 8:14 AM
Remove the backsnare style on friars killed the solo roaming friars Life.

Atm no nway for a friar to avoid opponents to escape from the combat to survive, take distance , kite and kill you Easy.

Classes that become hard or unkillable for a friar :

Wardens using twf , could Easy kite you , heal and return to combat full Life or leave the combat.
Champions using snare style could kite use First Aid and rerurn to combat so in case they could have 3 Life bar.
Skalds could Easy mezz and snare you and get out of combat use First Aid and return to fight or kill you with kite DD , and if you finally reach them , they could snare you again and leave.
Shadowblades or Nightsgades , using disease , could get out of combat Easy w/o use vanish.
Shamans ( lol ) become unckillable at all , they use pbaoe disease and if you reach them w/o a snare style, they kite you for ethernity and dot , root you till death.
Bonedancers with casting snare Pets , could Easy kite you and mono-button LT you to death.
Enchanters with sbarre pet , same of bonedancers ..
Eldritch , could Easy do a stare DD on you and kite you , no way whev you are in melee to avoid the escape..
VW could snare with the cast , kite and drain you too.

The side style snare could be good in group as rej spec , for peel ppls.
But in train assist or for the solo Life , remove the backsnare broken the friar too much.

The other changes done could be ok, Just Need to test them.

Atm the real big problem Is the snare style , this impact too much in fights mechanics.

Averox

It's the same with many other classes, even with a backsnare. Especially ranged vs melee without range rupt has always been easy to kite. For example minstrels with cast pet or scout with the stupid shield root/snare. It's just not balanced to 1on1 and apparently not wanted to be.

Yea just soloed a bit and the loss of the Friar backsnare lost me two fights. Shaman & Ranger.

The DD and stun on the evade chain over side chain is a good change.

Swapping out the healproc buff for heals on backstyle chain is better for PvE but worse for solo & probably worse for 8man RvR (and I only ran the lvl 16 buff as a solo), could be better for 2-5man.

Needing 50staff for a decent anytime chain is still very meh.

—I’m running 50staff 35enhance 22parry 11rejuv atm.

Yea just soloed a bit and the loss of the Friar backsnare lost me two fights. Shaman & Ranger.

Swapping out the healproc buff for heals on backstyle chain is better for PvE but worse for solo & probably worse for 8man RvR (and I only ran the lvl 16 buff as a solo), could be better for 2-5man.

Could we just put the spreadheal on the Backstyle Followup and make it bigger value, while keeping the opener a snare?

Same for Warden pls.

Would be the only way for both classes to be viable as weapon/nurt/enhance for 8v8.
Xpovoc, Jukaron, Nephamael, Mauril, Lareya, Aideen, Njoro

Nephamael wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 9:39 PM

Could we just put the spreadheal on the Backstyle Followup and make it bigger value, while keeping the opener a snare?

Same for Warden pls.

Would be the only way for both classes to be viable as weapon/nurt/enhance for 8v8.

Totally Agree.

evert wrote:
Thu 15 Jul 2021 11:30 AM
So any reason thanes don't get the after-enemy-X styles? Should be restricted to either LW or CS and pole, or given to thanes too (and arguably skalds but I can see why not).

hammer time! seal clubber! (is that politically correct?) lul those style names
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer ~42,8% solo kills
Eik solo Shadowblade Flammen Fru ~50% solo kills

newest project: Gael SlaveKnight rr4 Infiltrator (atm 52% solo kills )

Quidquid agis, prudenter agas et respice finem.

evert wrote:
So any reason thanes don't get the after-enemy-X styles? Should be restricted to either LW or CS and pole, or given to thanes too (and arguably skalds but I can see why not).

Reasoning is that thanes kind of have their thematically fitting toys via the style dds already. Compare that to pala or champ who are largely physical with just supporting bling bling.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 15 Jul 2021 1:02 PM
evert wrote:

Reasoning is that thanes kind of have their thematically fitting toys via the style dds already. Compare that to pala or champ who are largely physical with just supporting bling bling.

And skalds? Poor Midgard, not enough hybrids, no healing hybrids, even the thane procs are way worse than vw/reaver.
Dwarf Fru