Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

in general the endu classes have to get somewhat in front to provide it, either because they are melee like paladin, or since the rupt/cc is limited to 1.5k range. In theory people could run heal/aug shams so i think that is the reason why shamans didn't got 2k in the first place.

Exception is now the heal friar which can comfortable stay at up to 2k without bothering about his position. Iirc the live endu reduction also has only 1.5k range, hope this will get adjusted here to the same actually.
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 5:22 PM
Aside from watching groups fail in the pve instances, a favorite past time of many staff members is to delight in the pain and suffering of playes caused by minor annoyances like this.

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

skipari wrote: In theory people could run heal/aug shams so i think that is the reason why shamans didn't got 2k in the first place.
But wouldn't that be a reason for HIGHER endurange? Instead of the contrary?
Endu-buff is primarily needed for melee-characters and the Paladin can with much lower risk stay near his melees than shamans/bards can.

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

Sepplord wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 1:26 PM
skipari wrote: In theory people could run heal/aug shams so i think that is the reason why shamans didn't got 2k in the first place.
But wouldn't that be a reason for HIGHER endurange? Instead of the contrary?
Endu-buff is primarily needed for melee-characters and the Paladin can with much lower risk stay near his melees than shamans/bards can.

Well, you can collapse on an overextended paladin like on all other melee actually. I agree that a defensive/peeler paladin is probably further behind and fairly safe, but i would assume that all hybrids were intended as some kind of offensive support tanks in the beginning.

But yes, you can also just give them all 2k range and most likely nobody would think about it afterwards again.
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 5:22 PM
Aside from watching groups fail in the pve instances, a favorite past time of many staff members is to delight in the pain and suffering of playes caused by minor annoyances like this.

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

Don't think shamans really need a buff myself, was just confused by the reasoning there...
The main difference i meant is that paladins are surely one of the last targets you want to collapse on, aren't they?
Yeah, if they are completely overextended you can collapse on anything, but outside of that paladins are far too sturdy to be a nice target (and they instantly are at almost fullvalue after a PR+heal, while a shaman dieing leaves the whole group without spec-buffs and endurance)

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

Sepplord wrote:
Thu 21 Jan 2021 1:56 PM
Don't think shamans really need a buff myself, was just confused by the reasoning there...
The main difference i meant is that paladins are surely one of the last targets you want to collapse on, aren't they?
Yeah, if they are completely overextended you can collapse on anything, but outside of that paladins are far too sturdy to be a nice target (and they instantly are at almost fullvalue after a PR+heal, while a shaman dieing leaves the whole group without spec-buffs and endurance)

Depends, classically a paladin was together with mercs/reavers and set the center of the assist train. Pre endurance regen pots against an alb melee grp it was at least a viable target choice. Unlike melees, casters have the benefit of not really caring what the target actually is since AF/Absorb is completely irrelevant, only thing that changed the ttk was basically the hitpoints (and to some extend aom). With a melee grp it was obviously a bit more pain, but since the paladin works also as front guard tank it often took less time to kill the pala first and then the merc instead the other way around.

But thats all ages ago, with battleguard in toa the paladin took basically the armsman role, later with cele he got back to the frontline and so on. phx has its own changes which removed the paladin basically from the battlefield.
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 5:22 PM
Aside from watching groups fail in the pve instances, a favorite past time of many staff members is to delight in the pain and suffering of playes caused by minor annoyances like this.

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

Eoril wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 3:29 PM
drood has dps ability ?

healer are the only class with all main CC abilities

stop comparing realm like that it's nonsense

Umm without comparison you can not balance --- look at the Duids abilities ---and CC on healers adds to the conversation how? Or, adds to to your point <or lack thereof>, how?

While I would love to see the Devs do effects based balancing and changes ; it is a time consuming and difficult process to learn let alone implement.

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 11:09 PM
Johny Rousquille wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:48 PM
Why is the range of endurance regen on Midgard not the same as on the other royomes? If we have 1500 range for cele why we dont have 1500 for Endo buff ?! it doesn't make sense ...

Shaman endurance buff works in 1500 range.
1000 range is when you try to "buff" the person and once you get the buff, it operates within 1500 range.
It is still less compared to 2000 range of bard/paladin though.

True but the shaman endo is a hard buff, the Bard/Pally have to turn it on and off at some point, so not really comparable

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

Sagz wrote:
Fri 22 Jan 2021 4:49 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 11:09 PM
Johny Rousquille wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 5:48 PM
Why is the range of endurance regen on Midgard not the same as on the other royomes? If we have 1500 range for cele why we dont have 1500 for Endo buff ?! it doesn't make sense ...

Shaman endurance buff works in 1500 range.
1000 range is when you try to "buff" the person and once you get the buff, it operates within 1500 range.
It is still less compared to 2000 range of bard/paladin though.

True but the shaman endo is a hard buff, the Bard/Pally have to turn it on and off at some point, so not really comparable

They changed it on pala, so they can turn it on once and can run a second chant beside it, so the endu chant is perma active.