2021 Balance Changes #3

This is a round of a couple minor changes, there are also some changes that will only be active in the arena region for evaluation.

- friar endurance consumption reduction gain per level reduced from 5% to 3% making it end at 19%
- friar hot had it's cast time reduced to 2 seconds and mana cost reduced to major heal levels
- amber simulacrum and underhill compatriot had their hp reduced to normal pet levels
- pets now refresh their combat timer while in any form of cc
- healer celerity range has been increased to 1500

Changes only active in the Arena region for evaluation:
- all casted resist debuffs except albion body debuff have been increased to their previous level (12 -> 15, 24 -> 30, 40 -> 50)
- aom had it's values reduced again to end at 20%

Some explanation:
The friar endurance consumption reduction had a greater than expected effect, this change should reduce it to the expected levels.
The friar hot was pretty much useless and due to the mana cost casting it was kind of actively harmful to the group.
Amber simulacrum and Underhill Compatriot are the only pets that still had bonus hp that was added to some pets back in beta to facilitate pet pull.
Celerity range has been increased as the 1k range is in conflict with the expected positioning of the aug healer making it rarely usable in even fights.

Re: 2021 Balance Changes #3

You might want to explain those debuff changes. I don't even play Albion and I think it's pretty ridiculous to have 83% of debuffs be for one value while the last one is noticeably lower. Disparity in the debuffs isn't how to bring Albion caster groups into line, taking away or modifying their 5-6 pets is how you do it. It's not the debuffs that kill you, it's the ability for the enemy to outnumber you 2:1 in an "even" fight.

EDIT:
Hell, one of the most popular ways to fight Alb groups is to land some CC, collapse on their pets, then reset the fight. If that doesn't tell you right there that pets are the issue, I don't know what does.
<Countered By Skill>
https://discord.gg/AhR6pU4

alb lifetap is still 2.5 cast, can be used in combination in moc to give you an offensive+defensive spell so it's quite different than mid and hib caster damage. overall alb caster grps are stronger than hib/mid caster groups also.

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 1:22 PM
You might want to explain those debuff changes. I don't even play Albion and I think it's pretty ridiculous to have 83% of debuffs be for one value while the last one is noticeably lower. Disparity in the debuffs isn't how to bring Albion caster groups into line, taking away or modifying their 5-6 pets is how you do it. It's not the debuffs that kill you, it's the ability for the enemy to outnumber you 2:1 in an "even" fight.

EDIT:
Hell, one of the most popular ways to fight Alb groups is to land some CC, collapse on their pets, then reset the fight. If that doesn't tell you right there that pets are the issue, I don't know what does.

amber pets health has been reduced
pets now refresh their combat timer while in any form of cc

debuff nerf revert, even if its just a test in the arena would also help clear pets faster

gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 1:17 PM
- aom had it's values reduced again to end at 20%

Physical defense stays untouched?
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 10 Apr 2021 5:22 PM
Aside from watching groups fail in the pve instances, a favorite past time of many staff members is to delight in the pain and suffering of playes caused by minor annoyances like this.

gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 1:17 PM
Changes only active in the Arena region for evaluation:
- all casted resist debuffs except albion body debuff have been increased to their previous level (12 -> 15, 24 -> 30, 40 -> 50)

I understand the need of changes to the 5 body nuker setup, but is it really necessary to apply a handicap to all other alb setups that include body nukers when compared to caster groups in other realms?

Friar endurance consumption reduction gain wasn't a problem before it became a chant. Would it be possible to leave it the same for the friar himself? Either that or make it just for the friar as it use to be. Doesn't seem necessary with the changes to Palladin.

Thank you for the changes to friar HOT. I didn't realize I was hurting the party because I use it all the time.

Thank You

I don't understand why we keep seeing alb changes but leaving the theurgist untouched.

On Live, theurgists were banned from drafts, because of how broken the class is.

Back a couple years ago, the Origins project wanted to delete theurgists from the game, acknoledging that the class is broken.

You can deal with a theurgist by playing well. You can shut him down and kill his pets quick. If you look at the theurgist alone, ok he's manageable.

The issue is when you misplay a little bit and let a theurgist free, you are completely overwhelmed in a matter of seconds and it's a huge uphill battle following that. Alb never really has these uphill battles to fight through. You see an animist putting out tanglers? Just pull out of range. You see a BD, just drop the commander in 3 nukes. You get overwhelmed by tanks on inc? Sorry but you need to pan and/or run 2 peelers.

The next alb change should 100% be aimed at the theurg.

1. Pet cast time is a fixed 3 sec cast time (animist, hib's pet spam class, has a 5 sec fixed cast time, seems a reasonable nerf)
2. Pet cast range is 1750, from 2000 (need to bring the theurg in somewhat of a danger zone to csdt his pets, even more since the bard amnesia range nerf)

It's all Alb grouos now, and fighting theurg alb groups as a hib caster is just tiresome, not even fun.

Norad wrote:
Wed 20 Jan 2021 1:24 PM
alb lifetap is still 2.5 cast, can be used in combination in moc to give you an offensive+defensive spell so it's quite different than mid and hib caster damage. overall alb caster grps are stronger than hib/mid caster groups also.

If MoC+Lifetap is the issue, maybe try to implement a 12,5% life return reduction per groupmember if you use MoC? This way you could get rid of the defensive aspect, and the recent paly changes show that our devs know how to code such a thing.

Can someone explain what the combat timer refresh on pets means?

Does it mean a CCed pet keeps their owner in combat all the time (instead of only ticking them into combat at the end of the CC)?
Or does it mean that pets themselves don't go out of combat while for example snared, and get speed on themselves?

Or something else?