Ellan Vanin Keep - FAQ & Feedback

Started 17 Jan 2021
by Uthred
in Planned Changes
Tomorrow we will activate the Ellan Vanin keep as a new objective for battlegroups and zergs. Since the first announcement on Friday we did some minor changes:

The keep will have six guards and one lord plus two lvl 10 doors. If one realm kills the lord, this realm will have the ownership of that keep, like any other regular keep. While owning the keep, your realm will have an extra 15% bonus to keep raid rps.

Every 3 hours a timer resets. The realm that owned the keep when the timer expired will have an extra 15% bonus to keep raid rps until the next reset.

Example:
3 hour timer starts: Keep is neutral. Hibernia raids the keep. Hibernia gets 15% bonus to keepraid rps for owning the keep. Midgard takes the keep from Hibernia, Midgard now has 15% bonus to keepraid rps.
3 hour timer ends: Midgard owns the keep at the end of the timer. Midgard now gets an additional 15% keepraid bonus for the next 3 hours, no matter which realm owns the keep during that 3 hours.

3 hour timer starts again: Midgard still owns the keep. Midgard now has 15% bonus to keepraid rps for owning the keep and 15% bonus for owning the keep at the end of the timer. Albion takes the keep from Midgard. Midgard still has the 3h bonus from the end of the timer and Albion now has 15% bonus for owning the keep.
3 hour timer ends: Midgard will lose their 3h bonus from the first reset. Albion now has a 3h bonus for owning the keep at the end of timer.

Three hour timer begins again and so on and so on.

We will start with a timer of 3 hours. Depending on your feedback and experiences, we may change that.
Sun 17 Jan 2021 9:07 PM by Sepplord
Sounds interesting for the BG Players. A recurring objective that will heavily draw attention of all three realms BGs, especially at the reset timers. Hopefully it doesn't become a onesided Feature drawing the WTJs into the already dominating realms, but you have shown that you can counterbalance the Population with the static Bonus before, so that can be done again should it actually become an issue

Uthred wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 8:40 PM
Since the first announcement on Friday we did some minor changes

Where was this announcement made on friday? I missed it
Sun 17 Jan 2021 9:17 PM by Forlornhope
Sepplord wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 9:07 PM
Sounds interesting for the BG Players. A recurring objective that will heavily draw attention of all three realms BGs, especially at the reset timers. Hopefully it doesn't become a onesided Feature drawing the WTJs into the already dominating realms, but you have shown that you can counterbalance the Population with the static Bonus before, so that can be done again should it actually become an issue

Uthred wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 8:40 PM
Since the first announcement on Friday we did some minor changes

Where was this announcement made on friday? I missed it

I always see the announcements in the general channel on the phoenix discord, will link you right to the corresponding post here on the forum.
Sun 17 Jan 2021 9:52 PM by Sepplord
Yeah found it in the meantime., Thanks
würd, must have somehow missclicked during the weekend on the "new Posts" Button and Marked it as read without actually reading it
Sun 17 Jan 2021 10:02 PM by Tyrlaan
I wonder how the EV task RP bonus will play into this. EV tasks are every 3 hours, exactly the reset timer. The server starts with an EV task and has another EV task 3 hours later, so there will always be an EV task right after the EV keep reset (when all the zergs, i.e. Pilzpower and Polemo, are present on EV to fight over 15% bonus RPs for raiding keeps).
Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:44 AM by MeatBicycle
I can't understand why you implement a keep which will favor the already dominating realms. As a side effect maybe there are more fights in ev and less in mid fz, but i would assume the biggest zerg gets the keep and the second one goes for mid fz cause mids can't deff (EU time). Right now the 2 huge zergs trying to avoid each other as much as possible because raiding without defenders gets them fast and easy rps.

But yeah, lets see how it evolves. Maybe i'm wrong and pilz and polemo will fight all day in ev against each other
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:30 AM by Ceen
Nice even thoug the zerg fest is super lame on this server and I only enjoy it for two days every three month, I love the idea of fighting for the EV keep.
It's such an awesome place and no one ever went there =)
Mon 18 Jan 2021 1:37 PM by Vkejai
Bad enough lag in EV as it is .
Mon 18 Jan 2021 5:27 PM by Tyrlaan
MeatBicycle wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:44 AM
I can't understand why you implement a keep which will favor the already dominating realms. As a side effect maybe there are more fights in ev and less in mid fz, but i would assume the biggest zerg gets the keep and the second one goes for mid fz cause mids can't deff (EU time). Right now the 2 huge zergs trying to avoid each other as much as possible because raiding without defenders gets them fast and easy rps.

But yeah, lets see how it evolves. Maybe i'm wrong and pilz and polemo will fight all day in ev against each other

Yeah it is kinda counter-intuitive. RPs for raiding in enemy frontiers were reduced, RPs for re-raiding own keeps/towers increased so that there´s a reduced reward for the 100+ PvDoor zerg (they already get extra RPs just by the increasing number of keeps owned). Now whatever the timezone the dominating realm is just going to roll over EV to grant itself another 15% bonus to any keep/tower RPs afterwards.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 6:09 PM by CowwoC
Vkejai wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 1:37 PM
Bad enough lag in EV as it is .

This. EV is so laggy, i can't imagine having 2 zergs in that zone without a crashing of half of the people.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 11:59 PM by kanshi
Pls add Hastener to EV keep, thanks.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 4:28 AM by Moondragon
The bonus to keep siege RPs needs to be displayed when the RPs are awarded, similar to potions and guild buffs. Everyone in the battlegroup kept wondering if the buff was active, what exactly it applied to, etc.

It's also too easy to misplace a ram on the first door. It seems you have to put the ram slightly below the door, which isn't intuitive.

Otherwise, I like it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Planned Changes or the latest topics