Re: GTAoE Changes in Keep Fights

This seems to be a pretty game breaking change that the GMs didn't think all the way through. Saw a couple people post back at the front of the page about BG leads being the only ones able to direct GT during keep sieges properly, which is enough of a hinderance already and 100% correct. Now its changed so there is an entire useless spell for 3 classes. Why not just remove the spell if you wanted to make your own changes? GTAOEs do not hit hard, they only serve to interrupt casters and destroy siege equipment. Now they don't do anything at all, just a waste of a spell. Beckett told me if I wanted to make a suggestion I thought was better to post it here, but I don't have a suggestion to make it better because nothing was wrong, just revert it back to normal, there was no reason for this change, and the GMs haven't given any good reasons for it. As far as the relic keep changes go, its also not very impressive. Seems to be a day late and a dollar short. I recall hib owning all of alb for a month and a half and all the relics and nothing happened then, but 1 mid group runs by to ninja a relic from the hibs while the albs were trying to take it and suddenly we get a patch? We will see how it goes from here, I hope it will make things more "balanced" and easier for whichever realm is low pop at the time, but I have to admit, in the end its probably the wrong way to go. Maybe just add the appropriate number of relic guards like were original to live, and then relic ninjas wont happen.

yeah, seriously...how is the spell useless now just because people have to set targets themselves
the positive about such information though is that it makes it easier to spot the feedback as one that shouldn't be taken serious

Astaa wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:32 AM
You sound like one of those Albs that has never worked out how to lay a ground target, despite playing a class that uses ground targets.

This amuses me.

Nothing useful to add though I see. Just blind judgements about other people.

arithspk wrote:
Wed 9 Dec 2020 4:08 AM
Astaa wrote:
Tue 8 Dec 2020 8:32 AM
You sound like one of those Albs that has never worked out how to lay a ground target, despite playing a class that uses ground targets.

This amuses me.
Nothing useful to add though I see. Just blind judgements about other people.
how is it blind?
It's based on what you wrote:
Now its changed so there is an entire useless spell

There is only one scenario where the spell is now entirely useless, and that is if you don't know how to set a groundtarget.

Really appreciate the change!
Took a break of 6 months and now playing with my drood again, defending keeps is so much more fun and feels much smoother cause you arent interrupted by GTAOE out of nowhere all the time.
Game feels even more tactical because you have to coordinate movement with your full tanks.

Anaethema wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 4:41 AM
Removing a mechanic that has been in the game for 20 years is a REALLY stupid idea. How about just remove /groundassist for Necros and let the rest of us continue to play the game we have loved for 20 years?

Who am I kidding? The devs here never listen.

They removed it because the albs have learned to use it. It's like all the last years "Nerv Albs Frist!" for any price.
Uthred wrote:
Thu 27 Sep 2018 11:41 AM
[...]This wont be changed."