Sepplord wrote: ↑
Mon 23 Nov 2020 2:12 PM
sounds like you are listing contradiciting/confused arguments...
how can keeps become less meaningful, but at the same time require bigger numbers? If they are menaingless you can take them because less people will care to show up
There are no "relic keeps" anymore...any keep can have a relic (and stacking them closest to you relicwalls might not always be the best option)
Why would there suddenly only be 1siege per day? Completely lost on that reasoning? Easier relictakes = less relicattacks? huh?
Portkeeps could also become a storagepoint for relics as they are easier reached than the other outer keeps and "naturally defended" by the coastguard - for example
Not really, no.
You ask, how can keeps become less meaningful, but at the same time require bigger numbers?
- Keeps that have no Relic in them are meaningless now. Why go there losing time/element of surprise if they provide no port or relic?
- Keeps that were part of the "Opening Gate" Mechanic are meaningless now, as such a thing does not exist anymore.
- The Keeps that have still some worth (port/relic), will have your defenders in it. All of them. If you dont have enough defenders for a port keep, you simply ignore it (as both sides). As by experience, the amount of attackers needed to take a Keep should be far higher than the number of defenders to take it.
- If you lack the numbers to be an aggressor, then why would you think you could take any other enemy Keep without leaving your Keeps/relics exposed? If you are already lacking in numbers it would be detrimental to put them at the wrong place or to split them even further. Less numbers = less options.
Before this change even smaller BGs could go for some towers or Keeps without ever risking their Relics as an immediate reaction.
You said, If they are menaingless you can take them because less people will care to show up.
- i agree, i said the same that these scenarios could happen.
- meaningless for defenders to show up, could also mean meaningless for attackers to go for it (unless its a Relic keep or port keep)
- If the invaders had enough players to go for the relic, they might waste time by raiding non-port/non-relic Keeps, possibly losing the window to take the relic and/or grant the defending Force enough time to build up.
You noted, There are no "relic keeps" anymore...any keep can have a relic (and stacking them closest to you relicwalls might not always be the best option).
- a "Relic Keep" is a Keep that has a Relic in it. should be obvious. Yes, in theory it could be any Keep.
You remarked, Why would there suddenly only be 1siege per day? Completely lost on that reasoning? Easier relictakes = less relicattacks? huh?
- Raiding empty Keeps, is not a Siege. A siege would be Players on both sides.
The majority of these Sieges will be in/around Keeps with Relics. These Battles are usually not over within 15 min. In fact, these big Sieges usually take a while to be over with (looping/wiping/etc.) ~ 1h+
Unless you are playing 4+hrs per day, there will be most likely be only 1 big siege per Day for a realm (attacking or defending) in your playtime that you can take part in.
I never said it will be limited to only 1, but odds are you will not be around for the other to happen or to start/end.
Could a Force wipe on an attack to then proceed to Def against the other Force? Yes. In theory this can happen. Depends on how long these Sieges would take there could be a lot of stuff happening, but chances are you would have to play way longer than 6-8hrs to be part of most of it.
If you don't have the numbers to attack yourself? You might have to remain defending, as its rather easy to snatch a relic if the keep is undefended. Which leads me back to: raiding empty keeps is not a Siege. So you are stuck to your 1-2 points of Defense (relics) if you don't have the numbers..
You said, Portkeeps could also become a storagepoint for relics as they are easier reached than the other outer keeps and "naturally defended" by the coastguard - for example.
- Yes, but how does this correlate to anything i said? That Keeps become meaningless? If so, then It's as you said. non-port+non-relic Keeps are in general out of the picture.
My hope is that there will be supplementary changes after the test period to address some downsides of these changes, to help facilitate a more aggressive Playstyle around these scenarios, than simply hugging your keeps (which i fear will be the general playstyle for any realm that lacks numbers)