Re: First Aid, Tireless and Long Wind will become baseline

Even with all the arguments and posts on this thread I still think this is a good idea, FA for free with disease cure really supports solos being in the RvR BG. Getting a group can take awhile to happen and when you constantly have no speed or heals and you're trying to keep up and put in an effort having this tool would really help.

Not to mention a way to mitigate all that siege and GTAoE dmg that ticks your life away slowly but surely in keep fights.

Anyone saying that they trained in it and they don't want others having it for free are ones that can abuse the ability to begin with. Like minstrels and skalds. Because they kite and dd and have their pet killing all they gotta do is make sure they have hp and their life is easy. They are too afraid of a real challenge or something that takes them out of their i-win comfort zone

Bradekes wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 2:38 PM
Even with all the arguments and posts on this thread I still think this is a good idea, FA for free with disease cure really supports solos being in the RvR BG. Getting a group can take awhile to happen and when you constantly have no speed or heals and you're trying to keep up and put in an effort having this tool would really help.

Anyone saying that they trained in it and they don't want others having it for free are ones that can abuse the ability to begin with. Like minstrels and skalds. Because they kite and dd and have their pet killing all they gotta do is make sure they have hp and their life is easy. They are too afraid of a real challenge or something that takes them out of their i-win comfort zone

the point is that they get free extra 9 spec points and not that others have it too. these two classes can use FA because they can get out of combat while the opponent cant.
imo FA is already too strong and cheap for skalds/minst and they would get it for free then....

another problem are assassins which can simply reset fights with vanish+FA after the opponent fired purge+IP. you might say: ok then use FA too but thats not the same, for some classes it is essential to have ip+purge up vs assassins and FA wont help there.
it massivly shifts balance towards classes who have the tools to benefit from it in fight.

tbh 2 min desease timer sucks but free FA for everyone sucks even more.
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 2:52 PM
the point is that they get free extra 9 spec points and not that others have it too. these two classes can use FA because they can get out of combat while the opponent cant.
imo FA is already too strong and cheap for skalds/minst and they would get it for free then....

another problem are assassins which can simply reset fights with vanish+FA after the opponent fired purge+IP. you might say: ok then use FA too but thats not the same, for some classes it is essential to have ip+purge up vs assassins and FA wont help there.
it massivly shifts balance towards classes who have the tools to benefit from it in fight.

tbh 2 min desease timer sucks but free FA for everyone sucks even more.

An assassin can't just reset a fight... if they use vanish they can't do anything to you for 30seconds. You can literally use fa and walk away from them.. or rest up to full hp by sitting.. 2min disease is way worse that's a death sentence.

Everyone agree that Lw and tireless. It's a good change.

FA on the other hand is terrible. We already increased the ttk, and now you want to give a free 60% heal? Solo is already hard enough... And like it was said before, mincer and skalds benefit the most of it.

We asked for lower disease timer and/or a cure disease with something like a 5sec fixed cast. How is that more broken than this change?

Lots of RA are not popular, and it's ok. Next step is also to give them for free?

Bradekes wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 2:38 PM

I like the use of the word "abuse" here. I think what you mean is "use".

Honestly why do all this extra stuff. Do what live did and give crafters a potion to cure a single charge of disease on player. Or make it a new Phoenix Claw item to use to cure it. Do NOT do this FA change it’s too much.

Also in a fight perspective. You’re giving casuals too much credit for FA since it’s ability to be used has to be out of combat so again, mini and skald will benefit the most from this due to cc and the ability to have FA. Most everyone else will have to snare and kite etc to be Ben be able to use it. If you’re diseased you aren’t kiting a thing..... and since you can’t use FA in combat. What’s it gonna do for players?

Bradekes wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 4:59 PM
evert wrote:
Thu 24 Sep 2020 4:26 PM
I like the use of the word "abuse" here. I think what you mean is "use".

How about "unfairly" or "having IP on 3min timer"

FA isn’t like IP. IP is meant to heal thru disease and not be affected by it. FA was affected by disease. So they are basically reworking a whole ability. Giving it to people for free, giving mini/skald more points to use so now they can get both at a cheaper cost making lower rr mini/skald stronger by giving everyone the same bs like live did. This change is crap imo. They need to just bring in cure potions similar to live. Hell I’d bet they have the coding to implement it too rather than having it affect an ability.

That and I’d be willing to bet that way way way less people use Adrenaline Rush. So why isn’t everyone getting that RA as a handout since we were trying to base numbers of players using an ability for them to get it for free with this?

I totally agree regarding tire/lw but the free fa2 is basically a nerf for solo players. Sure, the disease problem would be solved (but it could also be solved by just lower the disease duration).

Especially as a non-stealther solo player I'm often forced into 1v2+ which can also involve kiting (I specced fa1 on my reaver for example). With the free hp boost the TTK will just get higher, ergo higher chances for even more adds and in the end in many cases less rp's for me. In my eyes it's basically a buff for zergers/bridge campers. If that's the intention fine, I will have to live with that. But according to the opening post it should be a buff for players like myself. I really don't see that.
Tamylino // Tamy // Yarna

Return to “Planned Changes”