Re: Changes to the Solo Zone(s) - PvP Zone

DarkDavion wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 10:21 AM
jhaerik wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 3:18 AM
DarkDavion wrote:
Sat 27 Jun 2020 2:15 AM
Guys there are 30/max 40ppl in the pvp zone. Can you stop QQ and play what you want and where you want? Is a drop into the sea, no reason for so much QQ

Considering that there typically isn't more than 200-400 ( who are not afk) people in NF... it's 10%+ of the population. It's also likely around 1/2 of the solo population....

If I can have what I want... can I have a training dummy that awards 100 RP every time I hit it in my house? I mean since it's something I want it shouldn't effect you at all RIGHT? See how your logic is flawed? It's like a guy bringing checkers to a chess tournament and saying you use your pieces... I'll use mine. Yes it effects others.

No the logic is: if the 10% of the pop prefer the pvp zone why u want to force them to go in the frontier for enforce your play style? Can u get this?

I'm not forcing them to play DAoC at all. I however play DAoC for RvR. It's the only game other than Aion that has anything like it. There are a TON of games they can go 1v1 duel in. How is that hard to understand?

It is so weird how the solo and tourney areas invite the most toxic players. When y'all had that duel setup where it is three rounds of 1v1 I had a guy run all the way out of the match zone because I used purge. Like hell man, it is on a 10 minute timer, just fight me.

The FFA 10 man tourney had a BD and something in the same guild running around killing everyone and then each other at the end.

Now theres hate tells in /reg for the pvp zone? Btw, I'd push for disabling /send in pvp zone as I enjoyed the xrealm talking about skills and builds.

It is so weird all the hate the pvp zone has gotten too. 8-11k rp/hr is nothing to the 13-20k rp/hr zerg surfing in RvR. The pvp zone rps are much harder to earn too despite the low risk of adds.
Pollojack FuwaFuwaTime - SB Frostbiter WasterOfDays - Hunter Ttoll - Shaman
Bodyache - NS Lofticries - Ranger Heartsigh - Ani Shuck - Champ Repetition - Eld Asido - Chant
PurgeFTW - Necro Politicalgnome - Minst

I find it ironic how the PvP zone is frowned upon but ganking XPers in the frontiers is fine. At least the players in the PvP zone have to work for their RPs. The same can't be said about those farming XPers. I wonder which one leads to more players logging off in frustration.

Horses are still speed5 in this zone. It isn't treated like a rvr zone. Horses should be hastener speed in here. Please see if this can be changed to reflect the intended nature of horses in rvr/pvp. There are certain rank 11 blademasters that jam fights rolling in on speed6.

OMG this is funny.

The soloers have been demanding a special place for them so they don't have to deal with being ganked, the dev's finally give them one, and now they are screwing it up so bad that the dev's are threatening to shut it down completely.

Wonder how long after they close the solo zone that the dev's will cave again to soloers and make another.

And a note to dev's...

Don't be so quick to give a very small population special treatment when you won't consider other small populations requests also (aka xp'ers).

Just focus on the game the way it was MEANT to be played and you can't go wrong. Giving special treatment to a group of players was bound to end badly and so far it has been a huge joke in game and in guild.
It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

Really? Because the people flooding the region chat with troll messages are all adders who usually zerg. I bet it was your plan to fuck the zone up to have the solos back in the ZF where you want to farm them.

Quick is always here to tell others how the game must be played, which is in total contradiction with his signature. How ironic.

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:24 PM
Really? Because the people flooding the region chat with troll messages are all adders who usually zerg. I bet it was your plan to fuck the zone up to have the solos back in the ZF where you want to farm them.

Quick is always here to tell others how the game must be played, which is in total contradiction with his signature. How ironic.

LOL

I haven't even logged on in 2 weeks...so good luck with that argument...

And if you want to talk about people that want the game changed to suit their play...lets look at you.

I have said since day 1 that RvR is realm vs realm vs realm and no one should get special privileges...period. My signature is specifically based on people playing the game within the rules and not trying to change everything to their style...

You happen to want to change the game to your style because you hated getting ganked. You want a special solo zone so you don't have to worry about being zerged down. The game is based on an open fighting area for EVERYONE to fight in and letting people play how they want. I've always felt it was cheesy to kill xp'ers in the frontiers, but red is dead and I understand that so I also happen to defend people's rights to do it.

Having an open rvr area where you can kill xp'ers at will also means that soloers or small mans or 8mans should also have to deal with the same issues, but I am seeing most soloers here don't like that. Apparently it is ok to gank XP'ers, but man if they gank soloers that is SO unfair!!! So what do they want? They want a fair place to go fight where they can avoid the zerg and where they can also apparently make their own rules in this zones for dueling or whatever else.

So who is the one being fair? Myself who wants the frontiers as the main area where everyone follows the same rules, or you who wants a special area for your group where you can avoid the dangers of RvR and just fight in a safe zone?

I fought in the original solo zone, but I haven't stepped foot into the new area at all and I won't. You act like I hate soloers, when in fact I just want them to follow the same rules that applies to everyone else. I hate ANY group of players getting special treatment and soloers are getting this right now, and what I find so funny is that the soloers are fighting and bickering and causing the dev's apparently more issues in the soloing zone then the rest of the game COMBINED, and that was Uthred's own words.

So how about you stop worrying about me and start focusing on your own group and try to get them to get it together before the dev's take it all away.
It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

"I said what RVR should, be so I decide what is good for everyone."
Man that's really ironic with your signature and I am not the first to point out that.

The solo zone is not to my liking, I can't spend more than 30mn there, but why are you pissed when 30 people have fun in it (how wil lthey kill the game with this number lol)? And some people already get bored, already less and less people are going there so it so it will pass.

You are not even logged so why are you complaining? You are not the judge of what is good or not. Far from it, you complain about every QoL, it's worst than a grampa rambling about how it was better in the old day...

And when I said you, I was refering to the ones like Addisthegame or Parole, not you, sorry if you took it for you.

Noashakra wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 9:27 PM
"I said what RVR should, be so I decide what is good for everyone."
Man that's really ironic with your signature and I am not the first to point out that.

The solo zone is not to my liking, I can't spend more than 30mn there, but why are you pissed when 30 people have fun in it (how wil lthey kill the game with this number lol)? And some people already get bored, already less and less people are going there so it so it will pass.

You are not even logged so why are you complaining? You are not the judge of what is good or not. Far from it, you complain about every QoL, it's worst than a grampa rambling about how it was better in the old day...

And when I said you, I was refering to the ones like Addisthegame or Parole, not you, sorry if you took it for you.

30 people is actually a lot (and actually the dev's quoted 50 people) when you consider the actual active population numbers. Some people, including myself, would much prefer a frontiers than has more than 8 mans and zergs running around in it. The solo and small man zones effectively segment the game into so many parts that it ends up feeling like a BG server. Honestly it might as well be an insta 50 thid server at this point.

I don't have the time to dedicate to a reliable 8 man to run with. Zergs are generally only active a handful of hours out of the day. All in all it leaves the frontiers quite dead for people that enjoy the randomness that roaming around frontiers either solo or with a couple buds brings. I'm sorry but this was supposed to be a Classic + QoL server and it's strayed so far from that to appease live players than it feels like a cobbled together mess somewhere between ToA and DR at this point.

I ran around on a half geared fresh 50 BM with a Ment bud for a couple nights... in around 10 hours of play we saw a total of 3 solo guys (two of which were obviously trying to join up with the other mids taking towers and didn't try to fight bacl), a hunter/sb duo capping flags, a 6 man alb stealth team and the rest was all 12-24 man multi group Mid or Alb. It felt remarkibly dead... so I'm assuming those that would normally be out roaming around were either in the solo or small man zones.

20 years into the existance of DAoC in with nearly all of which there has been no solo/small man zones... and those people are still playing after all.. I doubt they are all that offended by occasionally getting grouped/zerged down or they wouldn't still be playing by this point. However I really feel that the lack of frontier solo/small man action is bleeding players left and right.

Lots of solo people stopped already because of this server not being able to even wait for the duel to finish to zerg the solos.
It's impossible to solo from 18h until midnight, you get zerged everywhere. So I usually play in group at those times. Saying those people would show off in the ZF without the pvp zone is far from the truth...

So god forbid that instead of logging off, the solo have the option to do 4rp/h (it was what the people were doing yesterday on average because there was maybe 20 people in the zone not counting the AFK) with clean fights.

Yesterday a SL scout that added in the solo zone send me a PM insulting me when I PA his face and destroyed him, very rich coming from those people. They are the selfish ones, the one who everyone should beg to. They have the right to zerg, but in a solo zone, you should let them add like they want.

Ridiculous

The players being selfish prick is the issue. And it's not only when you are the one getting killed. Why a bard feels the need to DD my solo kill at 10% for 50rps? Why people jump on a target that I was destroying with 80% life? Why when you ask for a rez/heal people ignore you even though you asked them politely?
Let's face it, the population is trash.