Re: Changes June 2020

wrote: Atm, hib has the worst set ups, except mages, where it's between alb and mid, but the meta is not kind for those hib groups. Guess why there is almost no hib gvg groups?

Actually hib tanker does just fine, as it compensates the bards range disadvantage with pushing.

The problem is, since the bard nerf, hib castergrps even get outranged by mid tankers (1x 2300 eld nearsight vs 2x 2300 healer amnesia or 3x 2300 if they run a single rm).

So hib caster is basically not viable, as they can't maintain a rupt stalemate while kiting, so they can't kill anything and they cant maintain a rupt stalemate when pushing, so they can't push.

If we want to see more than 1/10th of the /gvg list being hib grps again we have to give Bard 2nd dd and Ment or Ench cast amnesia.

Nephamael wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 7:37 AM
wrote: Atm, hib has the worst set ups, except mages, where it's between alb and mid, but the meta is not kind for those hib groups. Guess why there is almost no hib gvg groups?

Actually hib tanker does just fine, as it compensates the bards range disadvantage with pushing.

The problem is, since the bard nerf, hib castergrps even get outranged by mid tankers (1x 2300 eld nearsight vs 2x 2300 healer amnesia or 3x 2300 if they run a single rm).

So hib caster is basically not viable, as they can't maintain a rupt stalemate while kiting, so they can't kill anything and they cant maintain a rupt stalemate when pushing, so they can't push.

If we want to see more than 1/10th of the /gvg list being hib grps again we have to give Bard 2nd dd and Ment or Ench cast amnesia.

There are a hybrid groups, but there are no pure tank groups running or I am blind.

during eu pt hib melee is the most common setup. Actually there are currently only like 1 maybe 2 grps roaming caster and several melee grps.
During eu pt the most common grp balance seem to be mid >> hib > alb for most evenings and all realms are kinda melee heavy even alb.
Thats also the reason why you start to read that ppl want some mins buffs for 8vs8 ... there simply arent to many ppl during eu pt that want to play the gimped down mins anymore in a fg.
Mins just seem to be a inferior skald cc/dmg wise (no det -> ae mezz purge or you have to wait 20 sec) or a inferior bard range wise.

hyshash wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 12:35 PM
during eu pt hib melee is the most common setup. Actually there are currently only like 1 maybe 2 grps roaming caster and several melee grps.
During eu pt the most common grp balance seem to be mid >> hib > alb for most evenings and all realms are kinda melee heavy even alb.
Thats also the reason why you start to read that ppl want some mins buffs for 8vs8 ... there simply arent to many ppl during eu pt that want to play the gimped down mins anymore in a fg.
Mins just seem to be a inferior skald cc/dmg wise (no det -> ae mezz purge or you have to wait 20 sec) or a inferior bard range wise.

No, u dont have many misntrels that group, cause the class is still so broken that its not worth to grp for a minstrel if he can make rps faster solo. If u want minstrels to grp, nerf their ability to get high lvl pets, so they cant 1on1 any class in this game. THEN u would get minstrels to grp. An group just has nothing to offer for the minstrel that he needs, Speed, buffs (pots), stun, mezz, inst dmg + red pet. Really, why would an minstrel ever want to grp with some1 And saying that he doesnt offer much to a grp is like saying the Midgard Healer is useless, maybe u get it now? Oh any he got also heals from the Pet, and dont tell me u only have to mezz the pet, if the minstrel has 2 braincells he could just release the pet, autohit it and charm it again.

Demaischler wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 5:07 PM
No, u dont have many misntrels that group, cause the class is still so broken that its not worth to grp for a minstrel if he can make rps faster solo. If u want minstrels to grp, nerf their ability to get high lvl pets, so they cant 1on1 any class in this game. THEN u would get minstrels to grp. An group just has nothing to offer for the minstrel that he needs, Speed, buffs (pots), stun, mezz, inst dmg + red pet. Really, why would an minstrel ever want to grp with some1 And saying that he doesnt offer much to a grp is like saying the Midgard Healer is useless, maybe u get it now? Oh any he got also heals from the Pet, and dont tell me u only have to mezz the pet, if the minstrel has 2 braincells he could just release the pet, autohit it and charm it again.
wont comment on the first part ... i just dont care about 1vs1
regarding your 2nd statement maybe you should start to actually read what i wrote ... i never said that a mins doesnt offer much i just said that its a gimped down version of the mins (wich is obv true comparing mins to live mins) and inferior to skald cc/dmg wise (do i rly have to elaborate this ?) and inferior to bard range wise ...

hyshash wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 8:15 PM
Demaischler wrote:
regarding your 2nd statement maybe you should start to actually read what i wrote ... i never said that a mins doesnt offer much i just said that its a gimped down version of the mins (wich is obv true comparing mins to live mins) and inferior to skald cc/dmg wise (do i rly have to elaborate this ?) and inferior to bard range wise ...

i dont rly think that minstrel cc is inferior to skald cc... skald has a snare and a mezz both with 30s cd, minstrel has 9s stun with 10s cd, and single target mezz that he can cast while moving and an AoE mezz, ofc skald has det, but the minstrel even brings an cure mezz to an grp. And most ppl just forget the at this patchlevel misntrels shouldnt have this version of charm so they had to charm over and over again, pre toa there wasnt Harps, so minstrels had to swap between drum and flute for speed and mezz for example, i dont know if pets can resist the pulse here at all, but back pre ToA they could resist, 2 maybe 3 resists in a row and u failed the charm so the pet went aggro on you. Thats also why u never saw so many Minstrels with high lvl pets on live back then. Idk how it was after ToA release, but thats not the patchlevel they choose so...

Demaischler wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:18 PM
hyshash wrote:
Demaischler wrote:

i dont rly think that minstrel cc is inferior to skald cc... skald has a snare and a mezz both with 30s cd, minstrel has 9s stun with 10s cd, and single target mezz that he can cast while moving and an AoE mezz, ofc skald has det, but the minstrel even brings an cure mezz to an grp. And most ppl just forget the at this patchlevel misntrels shouldnt have this version of charm so they had to charm over and over again, pre toa there wasnt Harps, so minstrels had to swap between drum and flute for speed and mezz for example, i dont know if pets can resist the pulse here at all, but back pre ToA they could resist, 2 maybe 3 resists in a row and u failed the charm so the pet went aggro on you. Thats also why u never saw so many Minstrels with high lvl pets on live back then. Idk how it was after ToA release, but thats not the patchlevel they choose so...

You do realize that they changed the charm mechanic to stop minstrels from running around with purple Pookas...which you could donwhen you could simply spam the charm.

The first part of your comment saying minstrels dont group because they make more RPs solo is just dumb.

Noashakra wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 7:47 AM
There are a hybrid groups, but there are no pure tank groups running or I am blind.

Depends on when you play. If you're playing during US primetime, you're blind. I can't speak toward EU primetime comps.
Grymneheals - 6L7 Healer | Grymnerune - 5L0 RM | Grymnezerk - 4L6 Zerk | Grymnestorm - 4L4 Thane | Grymne - 4L3 Skald Grymnesham - 4L3 Sham | Grymnebone - 3L0 BD | Grymnepeel - 2L6 War | Grymnespirit - 2L5 SM | Grymneclaw - 2L3 Sav

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:32 AM
Noashakra wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 7:47 AM

Depends on when you play. If you're playing during US primetime, you're blind. I can't speak toward EU primetime comps.

I play EU prime time. I would be glad to see those groups and how they perform.
I run almost every day with our caster hib group (it's gimp we know) and I never see hib tank set ups, they are all hybrids (sometimes they are some randoms playing tanks, like we did last week, but t's not a regular thing), that's why I ask who they are.

opossum12 wrote:
Tue 30 Jun 2020 12:02 AM
Demaischler wrote:
Mon 29 Jun 2020 9:18 PM
hyshash wrote:

You do realize that they changed the charm mechanic to stop minstrels from running around with purple Pookas...which you could donwhen you could simply spam the charm.

The first part of your comment saying minstrels dont group because they make more RPs solo is just dumb.

i would prefer to meet minstrels with REAL SKILL that are able to use a purple pet while still using their other tools 1 or 2 times a day( that would mean he has do click the pet every few seconds and use charm again cause of high resist rate, for low RR it wouldnt work at all without losing Aggro too many times ) , than 100 minstrels a day with red pets and 0 skill. Hell, u even had to recharm Red pets at RR3 or the pet would smack you once in a while u when were running around, just dig some old minstrel threads and im 100% sure they would prove what i say.