Re: New PvE Group Content for Feathers

Centenario wrote:
Mon 17 Aug 2020 4:09 PM
I would like to know if something has already been decided, or is being worked on for this new pve content currently.
@Devs/GMs

I can work on designing a few DS like encounters if its needed.
Never (except when you care) explain, never complain, never pander.

DAoC is a game built on RvR - why not take this opportunity to provide more incentive for RELIC takes (x amount of feathers for participation), Keep DEFENSE (how often does anyone care about defending a keep?) where, the longer you defend, the more feathers pool into the BG, which, of course, would have to be actively participating, not just a scout down the hill from the keep in afk stealth...Not sure how that would work.

Point is RvR incentives = feathers.

Makes sense

/my 2 coppers
Percival (Midgard) Komaf
Guinevere (Hibernia) Bardeleng

My Alb noobs (I work full time, have a family and go to grad school...):

Comaf Cleric
Vauz Necro
Gawaine Merc
Gawain Friar
Scotland Minstrel
Komaf Theurgist

Oh look, Hibernia has DF. Again.

i really couldnt even pick a single post to reply to because there was so many talking about how exclusive the current pve content is. what im confused about is how could you possibly say that when the 8man scene is way more exclusive, hell most of the reason i enjoy the current instances is because rvr excludes the majority of classes/specs except for the zerg. why do you think people zerg in the first place? because the meta is very small and tbh even in a zerg it can be pretty difficult to get a group with an undesirable class/spec. everything in this game is exclusive and it will never change but at least i have something to do with my non stoicism toons or toons spec'd (god forbid) how i enjoy them, because when u have more options you include more of the game.

sorry to tell you guys this but the reason pvp is appealing in this game is because the attachment to your character, you dont just pick a loadout and fight a match. seriously to play an MMO and complain about pve always baffled me. there are countless games (MOBAs, war game, fighting games, driving, RTS, etc etc) that are FAR more balanced and meant strictly for skill v skill competition with set teams and no progression style advantages. any of you who think the reason pvp is appealing in this game is a secret well...its not. its a progression based game so you can progress (realm rank) beyond your enemies and smash them with just enough meat on the bone to make it seem fair.

if you need any proof for this i point you to the fact that NO insta50 server or mordered ruleset has achieved anything close to what EVERY classic (and heavy pve) server has. the same applies to the entire genre.

+1 to more pve instances, people like to have something else to do other than run in an ever increasing pack of players hoping the pack of enemy players you run into either has less players or lower rank players. clearly ds and hoh have been a success and the devs know this, one of them has even pointed out that had they took a vote on the pve instances the forum folks would have voted against it. yet the leaderboards are full every week and 90% of us do it for fun and give away half our winnings.

Add TOA, make it so that all three realms share the same TOA zone (like the frontier and ML10 boss), and have the mobs drop feathers. Also, make frontier mobs drop feathers.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 6 Jun 2020 8:55 AM
We would like to provide more encounter à la darkspire and halls of helgardh, however, it's quite difficult for us to fill an entire dungeon in a reasonable way all at once with all encounter having some interesting mechanic, usually it ends up with maybe 3 or 4 being interesting and the remaining being rather lackluster.

To preserve the speed run aspect, each encounter would get its own leader board. Encounter will also have some way to provide feedback / ratings and based on that the difficulty rating and hence reward could be adjusted or prompt us to rework the encounter or scrap it entirely.

Some more things to spice it up later on would be having some random rotating spell / effect on all encounter for a week, e. g. this week all mobs have 20% life leech on their melee attacks or other stupid things.

I agree with this suggestions of using ToA zones/ encounters.
Like Atens shield island. Chest spawns random encounter so group has to adapt and Adjust every single run. Open and Clear 10 chests out of the like 40 or w/e were on the island. to Clear your run. Generates Randomness and Makes it interesting. If that was even possible.

I do love the idea of more PVE content, and think this is a great idea. It would be fun to have something like the PVE event as well, where there could be a leaderboard for how many waves were survived, which could be a fun thing to compete on too.

For more PVE too though, I would love more large bosses like the dragon. Some of the encounters in TOA would be great for this. The thing about fighting really hard single-PVE bosses is it feels epic!

The reality of the post is :
- Some people really liked ToA environment. Adding PVE content in some of these zone would really make people happy, without disrupting pvp experience.
- Shorter fights vs. long dungeon is also beneficial for quick action vs. tiresome group building.
- Even if people love to say "Daoc is PVP game, stop pve", the reality is that many people enjoy pve-ing in daoc. More content, means higher sustainability of pve population.

If there is the possibility to include some pve models of ToA, like centaur/phoenix/statue, it could be cool.
Some titles linked with those encounters too.

All in favor.

Sat/Faturday.

Hedien wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 2:54 AM
The reality of the post is :
- Some people really liked ToA environment. Adding PVE content in some of these zone would really make people happy, without disrupting pvp experience.
- Shorter fights vs. long dungeon is also beneficial for quick action vs. tiresome group building.
- Even if people love to say "Daoc is PVP game, stop pve", the reality is that many people enjoy pve-ing in daoc. More content, means higher sustainability of pve population.

If there is the possibility to include some pve models of ToA, like centaur/phoenix/statue, it could be cool.
Some titles linked with those encounters too.

All in favor.

Sat/Faturday.

Make TOA (no arties no MLs) a single zone accessible to all three realms like DF and ML10 encounter, but accessible 100% of the time (like ML10 encounter). That should account for some interesting PvE
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

@Devs:

While on the topic, I am maining a Thane.

As of today, there are 2 variants of premade group for DS/HoH, a melee and caster version. None of these welcome a Thane. Which forces me to reroll "BD/Shaman" for easy participation. But it sucks, because I don't want to play those classes.

Extrapolating this situation to a concept. Would it be possible, when you design encounters, that all classes would add significant value. e.g. adjusted resists for specific damage type, here energy for Thane.

Sat/Faturday