Re: [Q2 2020] Style Changes

UPDATE FROM GRUENESSCHAF REGARDING THE STYLE REWORK IN ANOTHER THREAD!

gruenesschaf wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 9:55 AM
Chain change will still come, the entire reason for the delay is that I would like to fix more than just that to then consider styles "done", the problem is just the how / how exactly.
"An honest enemy is better than a false friend."

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 27 Sep 2020 3:38 PM

gruenesschaf wrote:
Chain change will still come, the entire reason for the delay is that I would like to fix more than just that to then consider styles "done", the problem is just the how / how exactly.

After seeing the rr5 ideas and the "archery revamp", IMHO I'm petrified by the "style rework". Didn't the long chain styles in pvp get borked up due to some coding change they introduced to begin with?

imweasel wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 9:34 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

gruenesschaf wrote:

After seeing the rr5 ideas and the "archery revamp", IMHO I'm petrified by the "style rework". Didn't the long chain styles in pvp get borked up due to some coding change they introduced to begin with?
Yea
Rng is no random on this server
They changed it so streaks are less likely
I hate it

gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 10:00 AM
imweasel wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 9:34 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

gruenesschaf wrote:

Yea
Rng is no random on this server
They changed it so streaks are less likely
I hate it

So wouldn't the obvious fix would be to remove that code?

Why do the devs always take a sledgehammer to everything?

Delsaer wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:03 PM
Sorry if this is well known by everyone, but what is the to-hit change they made on Phoenix that borked the long style chains?

So let's say you have a 25% evade rate. Everytime you don't evade a hit your chance to evade raises until it hits 100%. It makes it much harder to get off a 4 style chain when the last hit might have a 5% chance to not get evaded in this instance.

Every form of defense follows this design as well as resistance and miss chance.

Bradekes wrote:
Mon 28 Sep 2020 7:19 PM
So let's say you have a 25% evade rate. Everytime you don't evade a hit your chance to evade raises until it hits 100%. It makes it much harder to get off a 4 style chain when the last hit might have a 5% chance to not get evaded in this instance.

Every form of defense follows this design as well as resistance and miss chance.

While conceptually correct, there is just a single defensive roll, having multiple individual rolls each covered by this system would lead to rather weird results. It's also not used for spell resists, that's covered by a deterministic system to avoid certain kinds of streaks entirely. Aside from the defensive rolls it's primarily used for pretty much everything positive like crits, procs, mp crafting.

A pretty good explanation would be this: https://dota2.gamepedia.com/Random_distribution

What I would like to see is styles working like the back styles in CD .

You have Snow Shower as opener and you can choose either Gale or Thunderstorm as follow-up.

With a style revamp like this, more gameplay is induced (do I want a snare, a bleed, a stun ? )

labra wrote:
Tue 29 Sep 2020 11:53 AM
What I would like to see is styles working like the back styles in CD .

You have Snow Shower as opener and you can choose either Gale or Thunderstorm as follow-up.

With a style revamp like this, more gameplay is induced (do I want a snare, a bleed, a stun ? )
I’m leveling a champion
Why is a second part of chain from reactionary only a 2 sec stun? And it’s even worse considering it’s in LW line and it’s simply to short to move into a positional.