inoeth wrote:
Tue 21 Jul 2020 2:06 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 20 Jul 2020 10:27 PM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 20 Jul 2020 9:44 PM
Centenario wrote:
Mon 20 Jul 2020 6:21 PM
I was told today by a ranger player that the blade line is too OP now that it has a after-evade reactionary stun style, its a custom change and is not classic-like.
21 in blades style 4sec stun.
You can then place a side snare when the player is stunned.
it's comparable to 25 pierce style and 15 thrust style beartooth (only for infi) or 50 thrust style dragonfang

Also on the mid side the axe line was changed so that valkyrie's shield is triggered off of an evade instead of a block.

This sets a precedent for style homogenization (even though it was changed from block/parry to evade for classes that don't have access to those abilities)

Dragonfang was also changed for armsman and paladin to trigger off of block instead of evade.

It was overall a nerf to infiltrator and scout to the profit of ranger/ns/sb/hunter

yes because 2/6/9s off evade and anytime stun is fucking OP

Isn't it? You seem to be crying about Rangers being OP'ed all the time.

I was against the homogenisation immediately after launch and I'm still against it now. There is no equivalency between Pierce and Blades. If Pierce has the evade stun and Blades did not, then the two style lines would be balanced against each other and there wouldn't be so many whines from Mid, and in particular, Inoeth. The same can be said regarding the homogenisation of the style lines in Alb and Mid. Phoenix Devs should have never changed the reactionary style requirements to off evade. It just unbalanced things and I called it a long time ago, right around launch.

god you again. plz learn to read its not about rangers, its about all alb classes have several options to stun. a 4s stun can sometimes be critical but the point is albs can use a 2s stun to force purge and then be able to stun you for 9s.
this has nothing to do with hibernias blyat evade stun.

and plz start to play your ranger again, id love to chainfarm you
Ummm
Any shield spec class can do

thats true but also every alb melee class that has no shield
in hib every melee can spec shield or those who cant have off evade stun, no chain
what does mid get? medium duration chains and only two classes that can spec shield

the point is both alb and hib are able to stun 2x in most fights where most midgard are happy to get off one stun in a fight which gets purged 99%

over all i think the changes to be live like and actually useable for the classes was a good thing though, just some classes fall a bit behind due to that which is not game breaking but there could be some adjustments like side stuns, shorter chains, reactionary stuns and more ASR styles for midgard.
Horg solo rr9 Hunter Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

Re: [Q2 2020] Style Changes

inoeth wrote:
Tue 21 Jul 2020 2:06 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Mon 20 Jul 2020 10:27 PM
inoeth wrote:
Mon 20 Jul 2020 9:44 PM
Centenario wrote:
Mon 20 Jul 2020 6:21 PM
I was told today by a ranger player that the blade line is too OP now that it has a after-evade reactionary stun style, its a custom change and is not classic-like.
21 in blades style 4sec stun.
You can then place a side snare when the player is stunned.
it's comparable to 25 pierce style and 15 thrust style beartooth (only for infi) or 50 thrust style dragonfang

Also on the mid side the axe line was changed so that valkyrie's shield is triggered off of an evade instead of a block.

This sets a precedent for style homogenization (even though it was changed from block/parry to evade for classes that don't have access to those abilities)

Dragonfang was also changed for armsman and paladin to trigger off of block instead of evade.

It was overall a nerf to infiltrator and scout to the profit of ranger/ns/sb/hunter

yes because 2/6/9s off evade and anytime stun is fucking OP

Isn't it? You seem to be crying about Rangers being OP'ed all the time.

I was against the homogenisation immediately after launch and I'm still against it now. There is no equivalency between Pierce and Blades. If Pierce has the evade stun and Blades did not, then the two style lines would be balanced against each other and there wouldn't be so many whines from Mid, and in particular, Inoeth. The same can be said regarding the homogenisation of the style lines in Alb and Mid. Phoenix Devs should have never changed the reactionary style requirements to off evade. It just unbalanced things and I called it a long time ago, right around launch.

god you again. plz learn to read its not about rangers, its about all alb classes have several options to stun. a 4s stun can sometimes be critical but the point is albs can use a 2s stun to force purge and then be able to stun you for 9s.
this has nothing to do with hibernias blyat evade stun.

and plz start to play your ranger again, id love to chainfarm you

Based on your need and championing to have the game changed so drastically that it would benefit only weaker players it's obvious that you can't even chainfarm a grey character at this point. Keep asking for changes though, it's entertaining to see what you require to become anything close to competitive.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

Style Chains:
I'm ok with this.
More chains, more choices, more playstyles.

Style Damage Scaling
What about front opener?

Bleeds
I'm for adding playstyles. Today it's mostly about snares or stuns. I understand how usefull it is but it's a bit boring. As I previously said, more playstyle is good.

Some "Fairness" Changes
I'm ok with the fairness idea. Beware not to create copy/paste classes and leave what made some classes unique, like LA for zerk

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 11:48 PM
Are these changes ever going to happen?

It's probably been delayed by the plague like everything else.

Some clue would be appreciated in any case...

imweasel wrote:
Mon 3 Aug 2020 8:55 AM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Thu 30 Jul 2020 11:48 PM
Are these changes ever going to happen?

It's probably been delayed by the plague like everything else.

Some clue would be appreciated in any case...

Apparently, the title selection webapp was a higher priority...

I hope they'll come back to this topic sooner or later tho. Its just probably hard, because making the same styles all realms/weapon lines would not be true to daoc, but on the other hand, some realms/weapon lines being clearly superior is also not fair. Some minor balancing is all thats needed. E. G. Buff the sword line of midgard a little bit, perhaps up the growth rate on axe back style and leave hammer as is.

Only weak and unskilled players are eagerly awaiting this change.
The Drunken Ranger!-keeping Devs honest since 2012
Also playing a dual-wielding Saracen
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY42S8E3-bNo7koW7oFZug

The Drunken Ranger’s Guide to Drunken Rangery
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2902

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:39 PM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Sun 9 Aug 2020 10:35 PM
Only weak and unskilled players are eagerly awaiting this change.

Or maybe Mids who are tired of being forced into hammer, hammer, and nothing but hammer.
this