Re: GVG Cleanfight - Trustbased command - Read before usage

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:24 AM
chewchew wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 11:27 PM
Leichensanni wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 7:20 PM
Beginning was awsome. From one to another day several grps begun to respect 8v8's.
Hey, dont worry, just try to walk a mile in someone elses shoes. Daoc is still awesome with people respecting 8v8s. Even if its unusual and new for you -- just give it a try!

You completely misunderstood what he was saying...he LIKED that there was more respecting of 8vs8s....
his complaint is that people fraudulently use the command for unclean fights to get more RP and the rule against abuse not being enforced properly

i was wondering why someone would upvote your comment, but then i saw that you did that yourself

Since I’ve asked multiple times and have not received a response from a dev I feel that the word “clean” is open to interpretation. Clean to some may mean a perfect 8v8 where clean to another may be, we won you had adds I’ll clean fight all groups involved. There has been multiple times where we have had enemy adds, that have not effected the fight, and we’ll still clean fight it. In our eyes it was clean fight, even though you had adds on your side, we still won and deserve our points. Now on the flip side if we beat a group and we get friendly adds I won’t clean fight it because they lost and we had adds on our side. If it was reversed and we had friendly adds and still lost we’d accept that clean fight in a heart beat as they deserve it.

It is intentionally left open a bit to interpretation, if some inconsequential add happens and both agree this add did not in any meaningful way affect the outcome of the fight nobody cares, that's one of the reasons why an automatic system wouldn't work unless it's a 100% completely add free fight. But I guess pretty much everyone would agree, that if one group is still complete and the other group has only 2 people left and then something adds and kills off those 2, that these adds didn't really change anything.

So far there have been some eyebrow raising usages and some obvious mistakes but for the most part it is all within reason. Just because nothing happened so far doesn't mean it isn't monitored, on the flip side it also doesn't mean that there haven't been cases where a wrong group is claimed and this wrong group accepts or that group A claims Group B and afterwards b initiates again against a which is also accepted. However, as long as these are evidently rare occurrences and not a pattern (e. g. the ratio of misuses/correct usages doesn't surpass some treshold), we don't really see the need to take action. Please note that this also doesn't meant that nobody is close to said treshold.

Clean examples like this are about 50% of the cases:

As long as both parties agree that it didn't really affect the fight these kind of things are also acceptable:

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 25 Oct 2019 8:24 AM
chewchew wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 11:27 PM
Leichensanni wrote:
Thu 24 Oct 2019 7:20 PM
Beginning was awsome. From one to another day several grps begun to respect 8v8's.
Hey, dont worry, just try to walk a mile in someone elses shoes. Daoc is still awesome with people respecting 8v8s. Even if its unusual and new for you -- just give it a try!

You completely misunderstood what he was saying...he LIKED that there was more respecting of 8vs8s....
his complaint is that people fraudulently use the command for unclean fights to get more RP and the rule against abuse not being enforced properly

i was wondering why someone would upvote your comment, but then i saw that you did that yourself
You must be new to forums. But no problem, everyone has to start somewhere, so let me explain: forum posts consist of a message posted AND A PERSON POSTING the message ;-)
The thing with liking your own post is advanced forum wisdom. If you would like an insight into that, you would have to pay me some platins.

Thanks for responding in detail Gruenesschaf. Sometimes the following happens to us, and I would be interested how you jugde this.

1. We fight against group B, 4 archers add the fight, group B wins but does not see the archers. Group B offers clean fight, we do not accept it because the fight does not satisfy clean fight rules. Later we have a real clean fight against group B and offer clean fight. This accepts the earlier clean fight offer. For which fight does the clean fight now count in your tracking? The first or the second fight?

2. Sometimes we receive a clean fight "out of the blue" by group C without fighting group C. Maybe group C has macros and used the wrong one after a fight, I dont know. Of course we dont accept the clean fight. Later we fight against group C and the same situation as in 1. ensues.

Maybe introduce a /gvg nocf command to decline a clean fight offer?

I would like to see this command removed from the game. It has lead to 8v8ers disengaging and killing adders while they will constantly add to other smallman and solo fights. I don't like seeing these <insertbadwordhere> rewarded for this behavior.

If we can't have it removed then perhaps it could be set to only be available in remote locations.

Alternately I would like to see smallmans have a command that would disallow GVG from working for 8v8ers if they have recently added on smallman fights.

chryso wrote: I would like to see this command removed from the game. It has lead to 8v8ers disengaging and killing adders while they will constantly add to other smallman and solo fights. I don't like seeing these <insertbadwordhere> rewarded for this behavior.

This would probably only help in some rare cases where "newly" 8mans sign in for gvg list. 8mans who run every night know each other from names so they would disenage in most/all cases if they see adds.

chryso wrote: Alternately I would like to see smallmans have a command that would disallow GVG from working for 8v8ers if they have recently added on smallman fights.

Would perhaps agree on that if smallmans would finally sign in fairfight list which they don't do. I ran for about 2 weeks on a daily base in smallman for several hours and saw enemy groups only a few times I can count on one hand.

I love good fights, I do smallman, I do 8man but from my experience the behavior is the same. They could easily meet up in non crowded locations to get their fairfight but both won't because they want these additional easy rp's they getting from facerolling smaller/worse groups.

chryso wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 1:48 AM
I would like to see this command removed from the game. It has lead to 8v8ers disengaging and killing adders while they will constantly add to other smallman and solo fights. I don't like seeing these <insertbadwordhere> rewarded for this behavior.

If we can't have it removed then perhaps it could be set to only be available in remote locations.

Alternately I would like to see smallmans have a command that would disallow GVG from working for 8v8ers if they have recently added on smallman fights.

8mans do this crap anyway without this command, it has been and always will be the problem with the 8v8 community.
-Imadoctor 8l2 druid

Forlornhope wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 7:46 AM
chryso wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 1:48 AM

8mans do this crap anyway without this command, it has been and always will be the problem with the 8v8 community.
This

Was one of the things I detested the most in daoc