Re: Raise the salvage drop rate again.

nicolas wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:18 PM
For my part i don t understand this obssession to have an increase of salvage drop. As an hib player who started two weeks after nerf salvage, i havn t get any issue by leveling my chars to 50. At this time i have rolled first an animist that took me arround 28hours to 50. 1 week and half of play time. Then mastered salvage skills spent arround two more weeks in sheeroe after nerf wich granted me enough money and fether by runing ds to get level other chars and getting them temped. 3 month latet i am sitting on a 4l5 anim 10 plats fully temped, a 4l6 druid fully temped 15 plats, a 3l6 menty fully temped 8p, a 4l3 eldy fully temped 7p, a 5l9 champ fully weaponless temped 65p wich i am working to improve temp to all maxed out shield/weapons passive because i am missing 35 dext without shield while swaping to lw 1con point and 1 percent heat wich piss me off. After that i still sit on 100k+ feather and 150 plats in 3 month and half after starting on phoenix by playing 2/3 hour max per day when i am not logging there three days in a row like now. Is it bad ? Dont forget that this is a mmorpg and daoc is focused on time as rr gained that you pull in. As a casual this has been the fastest experience that i have earned in daoc after 9 years playing in mordred till 2009 2010. So stop whining play the game and have fun. Thanks to phoenix staff for all the improvement and invest that you have put in this server. So far my best experienced game in daoc since daoc great balance on everything. Just have fun and say thanks for one time in your life for a pleasure that have been given to you by benevols. Maybe tye last time you will play daoc as original forms. Please shut up and play the game as it is given to you. Thanks to devs
The “obsession” is higher drop rates leads to more salvage leads to more trinkets leads to more gold leads to funding crafting skill leveling leads to self sufficient for alts leads to more rvr fun.

nicolas wrote:
For my part i don t understand this obssession to have an increase of salvage drop. As an hib player who started two weeks after nerf salvage, i havn t get any issue by leveling my chars to 50. At this time i have rolled first an animist that took me arround 28hours to 50. 1 week and half of play time. Then mastered salvage skills spent arround two more weeks in sheeroe after nerf wich granted me enough money and fether by runing ds to get level other chars and getting them temped. 3 month latet i am sitting on a 4l5 anim 10 plats fully temped, a 4l6 druid fully temped 15 plats, a 3l6 menty fully temped 8p, a 4l3 eldy fully temped 7p, a 5l9 champ fully weaponless temped 65p wich i am working to improve temp to all maxed out shield/weapons passive because i am missing 35 dext without shield while swaping to lw 1con point and 1 percent heat wich piss me off. After that i still sit on 100k+ feather and 150 plats in 3 month and half after starting on phoenix by playing 2/3 hour max per day when i am not logging there three days in a row like now. Is it bad ? Dont forget that this is a mmorpg and daoc is focused on time as rr gained that you pull in. As a casual this has been the fastest experience that i have earned in daoc after 9 years playing in mordred till 2009 2010. So stop whining play the game and have fun. Thanks to phoenix staff for all the improvement and invest that you have put in this server. So far my best experienced game in daoc since daoc great balance on everything. Just have fun and say thanks for one time in your life for a pleasure that have been given to you by benevols. Maybe tye last time you will play daoc as original forms. Please shut up and play the game as it is given to you. Thanks to devs
Not everyone wants to roll a farming class. The difference is stark e.g. as a necro with a cleric friend we pulled 30p in just 3 hours - each.

florin wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:26 PM
nicolas wrote:
Not everyone wants to roll a farming class. The difference is stark e.g. as a necro with a cleric friend we pulled 30p in just 3 hours - each.

That is what i am talking about just roll a farm class this is faoc basics. Takes times i did it and now i am getting rvr fun. Took me me three weeks and now i can switch from char to other char and i havnt any issue with money ig to buy pots.... just lazy poeple whining about this, instant 50s server wouldnt have the success that phoenix have with it s stable population it would failed in 2 months.

nicolas wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:31 PM
florin wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:26 PM
nicolas wrote:

That is what i am talking about just roll a farm class this is faoc basics. Takes times i did it and now i am getting rvr fun. Took me me three weeks and now i can switch from char to other char and i havnt any issue with money ig to buy pots.... just lazy poeple whining about this, instant 50s server wouldnt have the success that phoenix have with it s stable population it would failed in 2 months.

I agree - people who invest more time in their characters are likely to stay longer (Barring drastic nerfs, heavy handedness, and game changes of which we have had too many)

I’ve actually made my farming class my main - gold and feathers are a non issue with just doing rvr (as long as alb has a zerg leader)

I don't have time to farm gold, cause I joined 1 month ago. Still have to level my characters, so I am most of the time sitting at around 10pp, just gaining gold and spending it at gambling or buying pots. I use all the feathers I get to reskin my items. I will never have enough, so thats not a source of money for me.
I never buy any ROG, I prefer to get them myself.
Atm, I have only 1 char templated full for around 3pp. I think I can easily template any character for less than 5pp (if I dont get 100% quality) so there is no need for much farming. The only thing gold is useful for is a house. I would like to have more goldsinks in the game.
To have more uses for farming.
1% contribute 90%

Centenario wrote:
Mon 6 Apr 2020 12:09 PM
I don't have time to farm gold, cause I joined 1 month ago. Still have to level my characters, so I am most of the time sitting at around 10pp, just gaining gold and spending it at gambling or buying pots. I use all the feathers I get to reskin my items. I will never have enough, so thats not a source of money for me.
I never buy any ROG, I prefer to get them myself.
Atm, I have only 1 char templated full for around 3pp. I think I can easily template any character for less than 5pp (if I dont get 100% quality) so there is no need for much farming. The only thing gold is useful for is a house. I would like to have more goldsinks in the game.
To have more uses for farming.

Don't gamble if you're short of cash.. But anyway, to your original point, they seem to have a vendetta against solo farming. I wouldn't hold your breathe that any sort of change/increased drop rate will occur.
Hib: Imadoctor//Hypospray//Batleth

Alb: Redshirts//Philipjfry//Shieldsup

Mid: Aielman//Mahstuls//Smallsoldier