Re: Raise the salvage drop rate again.

Gweinyth wrote:
Sun 23 Jun 2019 2:17 AM
florin wrote:
Sat 22 Jun 2019 4:21 PM
Gweinyth wrote:
Sat 22 Jun 2019 4:03 PM
There is some misinformation going on here. Animist are not farming gold at a rate any faster than other classes in Mid and Alb. In the case of an in realm issue let's all just worry about our own realms. The constant nerf hib posts are getting old.

Bald face lie - Shame shame shame

Maybe you should check out this post. https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9798&start=10 No way an animist can solo a whole camp of reds and purples in one pull. So why are there no posts about nerfing a shaman ability to farm?

So wait.

You compare single pulls and not gold/hour or xp/hour?

You ignore entirely that a pull can take several minutes (before even throwing the first ae-dot), has a high chance to insta wipe if you are unconcentrated for one second and also takes several minutes of downtime afterwards. All of that literally works on one type of mob (efficiently) which is overcamped most of the time?

For sure.

Nunki wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 11:47 AM
Gweinyth wrote:
florin wrote:

Maybe you should check out this post. https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9798&start=10 No way an animist can solo a whole camp of reds and purples in one pull. So why are there no posts about nerfing a shaman ability to farm?

So wait.

You ignore entirely that a pull can take several minutes (before even throwing the first ae-dot), has a high chance to insta wipe if you are unconcentrated for one second and also takes several minutes of downtime afterwards. All of that literally works on one type of mob (efficiently) which is overcamped most of the time?

For sure.

nono he must be right...it'S why midgard inflation is so high and in hibernia noone has plats at all....

Nunki wrote:
Gweinyth wrote:
florin wrote:

So wait.

For sure.

Let me restate my main point. Why are mids concerned with what happens in the hib economy? More gold doesn't mean they have better gear. Every realm has the ability to have the same temp'd characters. In Hib it costs gold because of the demand for feathers which drives the cost up. In Mid and Alb there are other things in demand. What happens in the Hib economy does not directly effect the other realms so I don't understand why others outside of Hib are worried about it.
Gweinyth - 50 Bard
Dornoll - 50 Druid
Genoveffa - 50 Animist
Sassypants - 50 Ment
Gwendolan - 50 Eld
Neasa - 50 Ranger
Chalsarda - 50 Enchanter

Gweinyth wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 2:30 PM
Nunki wrote:
Gweinyth wrote:

So wait.

For sure.

Let me restate my main point. Why are mids concerned with what happens in the hib economy? More gold doesn't mean they have better gear. Every realm has the ability to have the same temp'd characters. In Hib it costs gold because of the demand for feathers which drives the cost up. In Mid and Alb there are other things in demand. What happens in the Hib economy does not directly effect the other realms so I don't understand why others outside of Hib are worried about it.

Cause you don’t get to dictate what we are concerned about.period. Full stop.

And a broken hib economy affects all the realms. Do you need me to explain it?

Gweinyth wrote:
Mon 24 Jun 2019 2:30 PM
Nunki wrote:
Gweinyth wrote:

So wait.

For sure.

Let me restate my main point. Why are mids concerned with what happens in the hib economy? More gold doesn't mean they have better gear. Every realm has the ability to have the same temp'd characters. In Hib it costs gold because of the demand for feathers which drives the cost up. In Mid and Alb there are other things in demand.

To be honest, I have no clue as to how unequal the farming situation is. I never played Hib or Alb on Phoenix and I never requested any changes explicitely against Hibernia, beneath first and second LOS checks for caster pets in general (which would mostly affect Hibernia).
I know that there is a problem in general concerning Feather farming for fresh unSCd players (in Mid) but that is not the discussion here.

Just to be sure, do you really need an explanation as to how unequalities concerning the possibilites to farm:
- XP
- Gold
- Feathers
- ROGs

have an effect on the population balance and long term healthiness of this Server?

And shouldn't every player be interested in a long term healthiness of this Server even if some changes go against their "own" realm?

What happens in the Hib economy does not directly effect the other realms so I don't understand why others outside of Hib are worried about it.
To correct your statement.
The economy of any realm has an effect on any other realm and unimportant which realm I play, I am interested in balanced realm populations.

The Maddog wrote:
Wed 29 May 2019 12:52 PM
However, I dont think this will happen so why not re-introduce scale-able instances that came with catacombs /darkness rising (since the entrances are there in dungeons and dotted around the realm now) but have them reward feathers. Obviously make it available to very high levels any maybe even have a time on each instance before you can re-do it but we need better options that this constant zerg raid farming. The whole battlegroup thing is what killed ToA for me as I was never on when they happened back in the day and it's having a negative effect on our guild now.

Eitherway just have a "epic instance dungeon" style thing that can be either done by just a couple of players of any class.

Should make an separated post about instance with fewer people. (scale-able)
Would not generate as much feathers but still exist and be doable. And you could log in and have a good time with some friends and not needed to log in and :/lfg looking for DS run: for hour's and resulting you log and loose interest of the game.

The mechanics is already in the game. Would not be that hard to introduce. And the devs here is more competent then live servers....

AmpaMicakane wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 6:36 PM
Mura wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 6:32 PM
If you can't do the raid, you can farm feathers and rogs in DS and DF with an 8-man easily enough.

Why can't we have more viable methods of farming instead of fewer? Maybe some people like soloing or play during times when only about ~100-200 people are on making it difficult to find groups?

Thank you!

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 12:28 AM
Raising the salvage rate raises the money in the game which raises the cost of everything which raises the need for more money.

It's basic economics.

The rate doesn't need to rise.
Sorry but you obviously don’t understand economics. DAoC doesn’t have an even remotely realistic economy. What you posted is only true for economic interactions exclusively between players. Most of the economy in DAoC is static. Anyone who has ever crafted in DAoC knows this as does anyone who interacted with an NPC merchant.

Crafting requires raw materials or gold or some combination. When you nerf the salvage rate you make skilling up and production more expensive. Crafting on Phoenix isn’t equivalent to what it is on live, in fact crafting on Phoenix is more time consuming and expensive particularly now.

What does that mean? Fewer MP and 99 quality player crafted items. Fewer new players skilling trade skills. More difficulty templating. More impediments for new players to overcome to become competitive. More demand on existing crafters as people leave the server and new players abandoning the idea of crafting due to excessive time constraints.

And that only applies to trade skills not named Alchemy and Spellcrafting. Alchemy and Spellcrafting require pure gold for skilling and production.

So the end result is:

1 - players will spend more time in PvE to feed the need to supply gold and materials for crafting
2 - players will go without player crafted gear more frequently and thus run with inferior templates

For a game that supposedly fills a PvP niche that doesn’t bode well.

For my part i don t understand this obssession to have an increase of salvage drop. As an hib player who started two weeks after nerf salvage, i havn t get any issue by leveling my chars to 50. At this time i have rolled first an animist that took me arround 28hours to 50. 1 week and half of play time. Then mastered salvage skills spent arround two more weeks in sheeroe after nerf wich granted me enough money and feather by runing ds to get level other chars and getting them temped. 3 month later i am sitting on a 4l5 anim 10 plats fully temped, a 4l6 druid fully temped 15 plats, a 3l6 menty fully temped 8p, a 4l3 eldy fully temped 7p, a 5l9 champ fully weaponless temped 65p wich i am working to improve temp to all maxed out shield/weapons passive because i am missing 35 dext without shield while swaping to lw 1con point and 1 percent heat wich piss me off. After that i still sit on 100k+ feather and 150 plats in 3 month and half after starting on phoenix by playing 2/3 hour max per day when i am not logging there three days in a row like now. Is it bad ? Dont forget that this is a mmorpg and daoc is focused on time as rr gained that you pull in. As a casual this has been the fastest experience that i have earned in daoc after 9 years playing on mordred till 2009 2010. So stop whining play the game and have fun. Thanks to phoenix staff for all the improvement and invest that you have put in this server. So far my best experienced game in daoc since daoc live started to be fucked up, great balance on everything. Just have fun and say thanks for one time in your life for a pleasure that have been given to you by benevols. Maybe the last time you will play daoc as original forms. Please shut up and play the game as it is given to you. Thanks to devs