Raise the salvage drop rate again.

If you do TG you spend 50 minutes and make 2.5 plat in an hour, but TG is organized during the day in EU, and the player base isn't large enough (anymore, maybe ever) to support an NA one. The idea of nerfing salvage items was to bring down inflation, but I don't see that happening when 2/3s of the pop can still make LOTS of money, more than they could have made salvaging pre-nerf. Essentially all that the salvage nerf did was further the gap between players who can make raids and players who can't.

Furthermore it seems like the nerfs were made to check inflation on hibernia, I don't know about albion but midgards prices were fine, by the end of levelling to 50 you usually had about 3plat which was more than enough to start your temp.
Mojonear 50 skald
Mojoclose 50 warrior
Mojoadjacent 50 bone dancer

Re: Raise the salvage drop rate again.

If you can't do the raid, you can farm feathers and rogs in DS and DF with an 8-man easily enough.
Legendary Grandmaster Artisan - most commission orders done at 1.2x material cost

Mura <Jormungandr> - Dark RM
Muralasa <Paradigm Shift> - Pac Healer
Muramorne <Paradigm Shift> - Warrior

Mura wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 6:32 PM
If you can't do the raid, you can farm feathers and rogs in DS and DF with an 8-man easily enough.

Why can't we have more viable methods of farming instead of fewer? Maybe some people like soloing or play during times when only about ~100-200 people are on making it difficult to find groups?
Mojonear 50 skald
Mojoclose 50 warrior

I agree with OP. Taking away farming from solo players or casual players is not a good idea, NA times we rarely see a epic dungeon raid, if any.

Please considering reverting the salvage drop and solo farm.

Sincerely,

Concerned Fan

AmpaMicakane wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 6:36 PM
Mura wrote:
Wed 22 May 2019 6:32 PM

Why can't we have more viable methods of farming instead of fewer? Maybe some people like soloing or play during times when only about ~100-200 people are on making it difficult to find groups?

This, also some people have children/ other forms of distractions making it difficult to group up to do things. So "Solo" is the way i go when it comes to farming in off times. Revert the drop rate to make solo farming a bit more desirable.
Adirtyquiver : Hunter 3L8
Jollygreenjerkk : Savage 6L2
Jollygreenpea : Enchanter 5L0
Jollyredbull : Reaver 4L6

This has my vote. The change ruined a whole type of playstyle for people and seems like it was based solely on animists and their ridiculous ability to farm mobs at a rate the other mass farm classes can’t match. Couple that with the larger loot tables on the mobs in SH and you get people pulling in 20p a hour.
The loot tables on the mobs for each realm should have been checked and adjusted, rather than a blanket knee-jerk nerf to the droprate across all three realms.

i get that some people are upset about the change, but this thread has a very serious flaw in it's argumentation, and it's mindboggling it gets so many upvotes just because people favor anyone/anything saying to revert the loot-changes...

Who gets 2plat for doing TG? The lead gets 2plat (more often it'S slightly below 2plat....2,5p is an exxaggeration). That is ONE person in a raid of multiple hundreds of people (otherwise you aren't doing it in 50minutes) and the leader has to distribute loot at the end, so even that single person isn't making 2plats in 50minutes.

People selling feathers doesn't create gold into the economy.

PS: i am not saying everything is fine...but to discuss problems we need to talk about actual issues, and not upvote every single argument, no matter how bad, just because it supports a popular topic

Sepplord wrote:
Thu 23 May 2019 9:35 AM
i get that some people are upset about the change, but this thread has a very serious flaw in it's argumentation, and it's mindboggling it gets so many upvotes just because people favor anyone/anything saying to revert the loot-changes...

Who gets 2plat for doing TG? The lead gets 2plat (more often it'S slightly below 2plat....2,5p is an exxaggeration). That is ONE person in a raid of multiple hundreds of people (otherwise you aren't doing it in 50minutes) and the leader has to distribute loot at the end, so even that single person isn't making 2plats in 50minutes.

People selling feathers doesn't create gold into the economy.

PS: i am not saying everything is fine...but to discuss problems we need to talk about actual issues, and not upvote every single argument, no matter how bad, just because it supports a popular topic

Feathers are a currency and have an exchange rate, one that has stayed stable despite the nerf to solo farming so I thought it was a good anchor point to talk about money in Phoenix. Since you can sell 2 - 2.5 platinum for less than an hour of game time invested TG gives the highest plat per hour of any PvE activity.

I'm not saying solo farming should give you 2.5 plat an hour, and it previously didn't (about 1plat per hour from salvage was what I got). I'm just saying that 100-300gold an hour is too low, and players who can't make TG, or play during a time that supports DS, or just like to solo should be able to at least afford potions and temp pieces with a reasonable investment of time.

If you don't like the TG anchor point I allude to a second, and maybe better one, the amount of platinum people end up with once they reach 50.

Like others alluded to, the nerf was clearly meant to adjust for inflation in hibernia, and maybe it worked, but it definitely hurt more casual players in other realms and I doubt that was it's intention.

I'm not going to break out the "I will quit over this" card, I love what Phoenix has done with DAoC, but as my ratio to "in game activities I do for fun" to "in game activities I do so I can have fun later" get's smaller it becomes harder to justify booting the game up, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Mojonear 50 skald
Mojoclose 50 warrior

My point is, that while feathers can be sold for gold, they do not generate gold in the economy. Trading funds around between players doesn't change how much gold there is in circulation.
So it doesn't change the economy.

And in my experience, feather prices have gone up, despite gold generation being nerfed (maybe because gold drain through charges was heavily reduced). That contradicts the claim that 2/3 of the playerpopulation does TG regularly/daily.

Sepplord wrote:
Fri 24 May 2019 7:46 AM
My point is, that while feathers can be sold for gold, they do not generate gold in the economy. Trading funds around between players doesn't change how much gold there is in circulation.
So it doesn't change the economy.

And in my experience, feather prices have gone up, despite gold generation being nerfed (maybe because gold drain through charges was heavily reduced). That contradicts the claim that 2/3 of the playerpopulation does TG regularly/daily.

I'm not going to argue economics, if you don't like the feathers example then use the plat at 50 one. My whole point is we need more ways to farm, especially flexible ways.
Mojonear 50 skald
Mojoclose 50 warrior