Crafting timers

Started 9 Dec 2018
by daocgod
in Open Community Votes
I feel like this is a subject that should still be discussed. This is a major point of contempt I have with this server because I cannot fathom how having a 2 minute timer to craft high level items adds ANYTHING positive to the game. It is of interest to me, as someone who will be leveling with a guild that will be ahead of the curve, that crafting is not completely aids.

Speed is a barrier to crafting on top of the high cost for it. Is the high cost to do trades (other than tailoring) not enough? If crafting is cheap that is a GOOD thing. No one should have to pay 12 plat for armor and then 6 plat for spellcrafting. Nor should they have to spend 16-20 hours of in game time mindlessly buying materials and setting a craft queue. The more accessible crafting is, the better it is for the server. The whole queue and purchasing system was a great step forward but then you took two steps back by increasing the crafting timer.

Long craft times do not benefit anyone. If you are trying to amass 6 mansions in 2 months as a crafter because there are so few, sure a long time to craft benefits you. These people are not even 1% of your population and having that .1% happy merchant population doesn't matter when your server won't be able to handle the pop it has on release.

That persons market is the solo and the casual. Every guild, even casual zerg guilds, will make crafters of there own because its not worth the trouble. So please do not make us suffer because 5 out of 1500 want to roleplay as a bourgeoisie.
Sun 9 Dec 2018 10:04 PM by Kwall0311
The mastercraft quest takes 20 mins total and gives you 50% crafting speed. /craftqueue buy and /craftqueue # and /moveitem sell #bag # make the entire process pretty fast already. I did 1100 Alch/Tailor 1000SC and 700 WC/AC over the weekend.
Mon 10 Dec 2018 1:08 AM by Hector
What are the commands for the new craft system?
Mon 10 Dec 2018 1:22 AM by Kwall0311
Hector wrote:
Mon 10 Dec 2018 1:08 AM
What are the commands for the new craft system?

http://playphoenix.wiki/crafting-changes/
Mon 10 Dec 2018 7:13 AM by Ceen
daocgod wrote:
Sun 9 Dec 2018 8:55 PM
I feel like this is a subject that should still be discussed. This is a major point of contempt I have with this server because I cannot fathom how having a 2 minute timer to craft high level items adds ANYTHING positive to the game. It is of interest to me, as someone who will be leveling with a guild that will be ahead of the curve, that crafting is not completely aids.

Speed is a barrier to crafting on top of the high cost for it. Is the high cost to do trades (other than tailoring) not enough? If crafting is cheap that is a GOOD thing. No one should have to pay 12 plat for armor and then 6 plat for spellcrafting. Nor should they have to spend 16-20 hours of in game time mindlessly buying materials and setting a craft queue. The more accessible crafting is, the better it is for the server. The whole queue and purchasing system was a great step forward but then you took two steps back by increasing the crafting timer.

Long craft times do not benefit anyone. If you are trying to amass 6 mansions in 2 months as a crafter because there are so few, sure a long time to craft benefits you. These people are not even 1% of your population and having that .1% happy merchant population doesn't matter when your server won't be able to handle the pop it has on release.

That persons market is the solo and the casual. Every guild, even casual zerg guilds, will make crafters of there own because its not worth the trouble. So please do not make us suffer because 5 out of 1500 want to roleplay as a bourgeoisie.
You got those estimates from Revilian?
Tue 11 Dec 2018 12:22 PM by Uthred
First of all: We will not change anything about crafting timers. We already did a huge buff to speed up crafting.

"The craft time for the primary professions will no longer depend on the ingredient amount or material level, instead it will be based on the skill alone."

111 sec is max what it takes to craft a yellow 1100+ recipe. Without any reduction. This is nearly impossible as your realm will always have a realm score.

If you craft in your capital city, you get a 20% reduction. The RvR score counts also into crafting time. For example: if the score is 22%, then it is a 22% reduction to your craftime. In general you will have roundabout 50% reduction via capital city bonus and realm score bonus, depending on your realms perfomance in RvR. If you have the complete quest armor, it is another 50% reduction added after the first bonus is calculated. It is like first and secondary resists.

But enough of theory crafting, lets go and make an item and see if it really that bad. I was crafting in Jordheim and realm score was 22%. I was also wearing the complete crafting armor. First tier reduction = 42%, second tier reduction = 50%.

Silksteel thick padded vest, skill 1115
grey: 12 secs
green: 19 secs
blue: 25 secs
yellow: 32 secs
orange: 35 secs
red: 40 secs

I think these numbers are pretty clear. As mentioned in the quote above, the crafting time on this server depends only on skill level, not on the amount of ingredients. If i would have taken a lower skill-item, the times would be even (way) faster. There was also no extra crafting speed buff active that you can get through realmwide tasks and guild tasks. Also always keep in mind, that the realm score is not only a buff to xp, coins, etc but also to crafting speed. The more people get out and kill enemies and/or take keeps, the better it is for everyone in this realm. While I was testing, Albion had a realm score of 57%, that would have made a first tier reduction of 77%, if I would have done the test with an alb toon.

To sum it up, we will not change the crafting timers any further as they are already very fast. In addition you have the advantages of /craftqueue that also saves a lot of time. We dont want instant crafting and we also dont want items to take 3 or more minutes to complete. So I think our current implementation is perfect as it is.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Open Community Votes or the latest topics