Re: Defender & Invader Event

Talo wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 5:05 PM
I don't get the idea behind this.
there is a falling graph on "free" rps (rvr activity, task zone). the higher your rank, the lesser you get.
resetting a rr10 char to 1 gives him the opportunity to get more rps again that are later on added to his real rank.
this will enlarge the gap of new players and old high rr

That one is easy.
RR5 needs 513,500rps. At rr11 500k rps are a little less than the way to 11l1.
So new chars get 50 realm abilitypoints while rr11 gets 0.

Is it really that hard to grasp the intention of this event? No offense meant, but it is such an easy concept

Olk wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 5:19 PM
Talo wrote:
there is a falling graph on "free" rps (rvr activity, task zone). the higher your rank, the lesser you get.
resetting a rr10 char to 1 gives him the opportunity to get more rps again that are later on added to his real rank.

That one is easy.

Is it really that hard to grasp the intention of this event? No offense meant, but it is such an easy concept
Any 50 likely already has upwards of RR3 or near RR5 if from playing field event.
How many RP will a RR5 get after reachieving RR 5 in event and tacking on those points?

Just a bit shy of RR6 so 10 points....I’d say still substantial
If they can push to that point. But for casuals I don’t see much of a difference.

Olk wrote:
Tue 27 Apr 2021 5:19 PM
Talo wrote:

That one is easy.

I ask questions about this event because I don't want to see it become another recurring event like the level playing field event. I spend that time solo farming anymore. I don't mind if we have this event once but don't look forward to it being done over and over again. Or worse, if it's popular, will we all be set back to rr1 seasonally? Any rr levels I earn I want to keep. So since I can't get any clarification, I have voted no.

So, if we are forced to play as an RR1 for a week, is there a chance that we get Full-/Line-Respecs this time ?

Last time we got force-downranked for participating in the Arena everyone with a composite 52-Weapon Spec was screwed.
Tila - Shadowblade :: Sandoria - Nightshade

Beeblebrox wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:53 AM
Or worse, if it's popular, will we all be set back to rr1 seasonally? Any rr levels I earn I want to keep. So since I can't get any clarification, I have voted no.

No one ever said something like that, the GMs rather repeated it like hundreds of times that they will not reset the RR ever.
I sense a propaganda post to scare people.

In the last weeks there are just two types of play-styles : zerg and GvG, with some exceptions of course. Maybe this event will give more courage to some players to try something different, let's call it the middle way: random pugs or low/middle level guild groups that roam are quite rare in this period . Maybe this event will encourage also this type of play style, how knows... I would suggest also to not permit GvG fights in the task zone.
Since this event is only for one week, I would suggest also to limit the max RR to 5L0 maybe (but you'll continue to earn RPs anyway for later), just to not create a big gap between casual players and hardcore ones in term of realm abilities.

Ceen wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 9:18 AM
Beeblebrox wrote:
Wed 28 Apr 2021 3:53 AM
Or worse, if it's popular, will we all be set back to rr1 seasonally? Any rr levels I earn I want to keep. So since I can't get any clarification, I have voted no.

No one ever said something like that, the GMs rather repeated it like hundreds of times that they will not reset the RR ever.
I sense a propaganda post to scare people.

No scare was intended. I have never read anywhere that promise. Even if so, we could have another event to suffer through run periodically. Not nearly as bad perhaps but not something I look forward to.

This is the result of the voting:

864 (65%) = Yes, I want this event to happen
462 (35%) = No, I dont want this event to happen

In a few minutes we will start a new voting about possible RR restrictions/caps for the event. Thank you for voting.
Building your world since 2017