Re: Seasons - DAoC regular resets

easier said than done...
imo almost impossible to do properly

RRs aren't just flat dmg/heal boosts, how do you make up for some players/groups having purge/melodies/SOS/ST/BOF/etc...
And even if possible, if you do it perfectly and everything is always fair....then you have suddenly removed progression

Seasons sounds fun.. I don't see any reason to adjust anything to cater to lower RRs. The only thing I would try to lower is PVE time seeings most in a season type environment would want to rvr mostly. Could also do more DS type dungeons and strive for a Diablo pve season type too for those pve nerds.

Forlornhope wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 1:49 PM
WiLLiL wrote:
Sun 18 Oct 2020 12:01 PM
What if players say under rr4 or rr5 could port instance like event we had few weeks ago "level a playinground". Forced groups up to 5 players. Maybe some adjustments could be done to autogroup so that is not like it was on event.

Also make it so that you can play only with your realm mates. So can have that realm pride thing aswell if it will be implemented.

Then casuals can enjoy playing on partys with their limited playing time...

Anything that separates level 50 players from the frontiers is usually detrimental to the server as a whole, just my opinion though. Gaining rr here is really easy, even if you only have a few hours a week to play you can just join a bg to get the realm ranks you need to be more competitive in other forms of rvr.

IMHO I would give a shot to try the event autogroup in FZ (the one from Daemon Event with class type considerations). I can see many PROs:

-people with higher rank could group with lowers rr (if any foundamental class in setup is missing), rr gap frustration could be mitigated

-you don’t have to start building your own group or be forced to play zerg bg

-there would be always real pride, everyone would be in the unique frontier etc..

-is always up to you if listing in the queue or not. One fun fact of the event was playing in disco with many unknown people from around the world (that usually interaction is very guild constrained...)

inoeth wrote:
Wed 14 Oct 2020 3:33 PM
just go play lol or dota, dont ruin daoc!

Always the same people blocking change on this server /s
It's so funny to see you complain against changes you don't like, and telling people on other posts to not behave like you when there is a change you like...

Noashakra wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 8:46 AM
inoeth wrote:

It's so funny to see you complain against changes you don't like, and telling people on other posts to not behave like you when there is a change you like...

not sure why you try to backstab me here.... daoc by design is not made for seasons, its all about achievements on the long run.
changing that would result in daoc to be a whole different game.
style changes on the other hand have happened to live daoc aswell several times and are just a tool to balance things and not change the whole purpose.

if you want short term games, why not play dota and stuff? these games are made for this.
also phoenix is the only working ftp sever thats left, if there were several i might give seasons a shot too. but actually i think there is very little interest to tweak this game like this over all, so a server with a season ruleset would die out quickly.... just like all the insta 50 servers
Horg solo Hunter Einherjar Lone Enforcer
Keriala solo rr6 Ranger
Eik solo rr6 Shadowblade
Ean solo rr4 Paladin

inoeth wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:40 PM
Noashakra wrote:
inoeth wrote:

not sure why you try to backstab me here.... daoc by design is not made for seasons, its all about achievements on the long run.
style changes on the other hand have happened to live daoc aswell several times and are just a tool to balance things and not change the whole purpose.

if you want short term games, why not play dota and stuff? these games are made for this.
also phoenix is the only working ftp sever thats left, if there were several i might give seasons a shot too. but actually i think there is very little interest to tweak this game like this over all, so a server with a season ruleset would die out quickly.... just like all the insta 50 servers

If you want style changes, why do you play here ? It's not daoc anymore (I am just using the same arguments you are using here).
I am just pointing out that you trolled the OP (how is your reply useful), when you complained about the same kind of behavior on the style change post.
You said that change is good! So why is it bad here?

It was just a post to make you reflect on yourself

Noashakra wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:53 PM
inoeth wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 12:40 PM
Noashakra wrote:
inoeth wrote:

If you want style changes, why do you play here ? It's not daoc anymore (I am just using the same arguments you are using here).
I am just pointing out that you trolled the OP (how is your reply useful), when you complained about the same kind of behavior on the style change post.
You said that change is good! So why is it bad here?

It was just a post to make you reflect on yourself

Change can be good as long as it's a good change.

Change just for the sake of change doesn't make it "good" and is rarely good. It's usually neither good nor bad

Seasons work in other games (lol, dota, etc.) because one doesn't have to level toons not nearly like one has to do in daoc, then level rr's, template them, farm gold, gear and feathers, craft, make crafters, buy a house/merchant.

Also those game examples change the game with equipment being different, buffing/nerfing toons to bring different metas to the game, etc.

Doing limited seasons/resets could work for battleground instances at best and who thinks that's worth the dev teams time and effort.

imweasel wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 10:37 AM
Change can be good as long as it's a good change.

Change just for the sake of change doesn't make it "good" and is rarely good. It's usually neither good nor bad

Seasons work in other games (lol, dota, etc.) because one doesn't have to level toons not nearly like one has to do in daoc, then level rr's, template them, farm gold, gear and feathers, craft, make crafters, buy a house/merchant.

Also those game examples change the game with equipment being different, buffing/nerfing toons to bring different metas to the game, etc.

Doing limited seasons/resets could work for battleground instances at best and who thinks that's worth the dev teams time and effort.

I can't agree with you more.

I would be OK with a reset, but how about have a little fun with it. Have a timer cap on a specific player, you can play that char until it reaches XXX time played, then that Players RR gets reset to 5L0 and play time is reset to 0, the character would still be level 50. The current realm point that player earned gets transfer by a calculation into either BPS or Feathers.

Example from a current character I have
RR 6L6
Play time is 9 days 22 hours
Put a cap on Play time for a specific character to 60 Days. For a reference that would be playing roughly 4 hours a day for 365 days straight.

@60 days say you hit RR10 which is 5,974,125 realm points. The Character would be reset to 5L0 which is 513,500 realm points
5,974,125 - 513,500 = 5,460,625 / 100 = 54,626 BPS or Feathers. Then that character play time would be reset to 0

If a player has not reached RR5 in 60 days played, @ 60 days played his character played time gets reset to 0 and he loses no RPs.

Keep in mind, this is 60 days played, not 60 calendar days.

I am not sure if 60 is too high or low, was just a number i threw out there, I am sure the Devs would know average play times etc with their logs and can come up with something more exact. Find out average play time to RR5 and average to RR10 etc. Or the time played to RR12. I am sure there is a calculation that is pretty fair, except for the people that are still seeking street cred in a 20 year old game, they will of course complain. You can also, give a specific title for the RR you got to before reset, or how many RPS earned before resets, how many total resets...etc.

Don't bash it too much, give it a thought, i have been on a conference call all morning so it was a quick thought while listening to people who do not know how to end a sentence. HAHA