Re: Make GTAOE require LOS?

I would suggest some type of change then. Maybe increase recast time, reduce distance, maybe like the animist shroom nerf limit the amount of GTAOE per area, etc.. I am not a developer. Even if the LOS thing was implemented, it still differs from a targeted AoE because it can be cast without a enemy player/npc target, for what it's worth, not to be too technical. A la, try to see if a stealther is in the area, differing from a PBAOE.

The spells themselves are tucked away in spec lines that aren't very popular, in classes that aren't very popular. The GTAOE spells essentially have one situational use. Sure, they can be devastating when people team up and coordinate but I'd say you shouldn't punish people when they use good strategy.

That is the case for Hib and for Mid. On Alb it is the go to spec that everybody uses and on top of this, there are so many Wizards because they are strong in PvE for leveling with Ice spec and so it is quick and a lot easier to level a Wizard than other classes because Ice spec is so desired in xp groups, so you have a million Wizards with a million GTAOE.

A hard change to GTAOE might create a new problem but maybe there is a way to tone it down so it isn't so strong, imo.

Centenario wrote:
Fri 11 Sep 2020 9:08 AM
Just give it 90sec cooldown like the volley for archers.
I haven't played for quite some time.
But I would focus the limitations on the target itself.

- Only get hit by GTAE as long as you are in los to the gtae.
- Make target immune to gtae damage/rupt for duration X (e.g. 10 seconds) after getting hit by gtae damage.
- Probably move Wizard GTAE from Earth to Cold line. Earth line is totally stuffed with utility up to the point where I would call it OP.

The core problem is that the gtae damage of X enemies (mostly hordes of earth wizards) accumulates to a serious amount of damage AND avoiding any kind of regeneration during defense, causing deaths without actual contact. Add a huge amount of pets (especially Neco servants) aggroing INTO the keep and you die just by gtae damage and rupt.

Nunki wrote:
Tue 15 Sep 2020 2:21 PM
I haven't played for quite some time.
But I would focus the limitations on the target itself.

- Only get hit by GTAE as long as you are in los to the gtae.
- Make target immune to gtae damage/rupt for duration X (e.g. 10 seconds) after getting hit by gtae damage.
- Probably move Wizard GTAE from Earth to Cold line. Earth line is totally stuffed with utility up to the point where I would call it OP.

The core problem is that the gtae damage of X enemies (mostly hordes of earth wizards) accumulates to a serious amount of damage AND avoiding any kind of regeneration during defense, causing deaths without actual contact. Add a huge amount of pets (especially Neco servants) aggroing INTO the keep and you die just by gtae damage and rupt.

Sounds like the problem is Earth Wizards, not GTAOE.

Move their GTAOE to Fire (like it should be - like the other realms, into their bolt line)

Solved.