Fire Wizard

This build seems to be completely useless. Zero utility, if mob or enemy resists/purges root they're screwed.

I think if anything they should of gotten NS or debuffs instead of Earth build, and let Earth keep its pbt/gtaoe/aoe snare/roots. No reason Earth should have all of that, and Ice/Fire have nothing. It's almost they wanted to make Earth viable unlike Live and just went overboard.

Or at the very least increase its DD delve dmg. I believe the concept for fire build is to be pure DD caster? If that's the case the Delve on the DD should reflect that. You got Animist with the highest DD delve and one of the best farmers/CC'ers. Ments as well have a decent DD, along with pet, mezz, stun ect…

Perhaps increase Fire wizz DD delve to the same as Animist and leave out the ability to CC?
OR
Give them the NS or Debuff's (might be OP having debuff to self DD, but then again idk the intent of the fire build.) They would have to cast debuff then DD making it 3+sec before a fire wizz can DD, assuming the target doesn't get out of range after being debuff'd.
OR
Give some kind of CC other then its stupid single root.

Re: Fire Wizard

Tigerforce wrote: should of

...im not even sure why i finished reading this post after this but o well, here i go.

1. Single root is not "stupid". if anything, its stupid powerful if used well in conjunction with albs other CC tools.
2. yes, fire wizard is niche. but so is void eld. and RC rm. bolters are and always will be meh. the only reason voiders are played are hib-DS setups...and RC rms happen to bring the debuff for the standard mid coldtrain. trust me, mids would LOVE to have their cold debuff somewhere else than on a bolter.
3. you DO realize that fire wizards indeed do have access to NS, and while its not a fully specced one - even low NS can be very powerful if used correctly. ...right?

could go on but not going to.
i think you get my point: its "no."
swingin the hammer again!
Revolte - Skald
Revoltes Return - Shaman
Revoltez Triage - AugHealer
Revoltec WillItBlend - Savage
Bermal BerIst - DarkRM

shelved Hibbos:
Revoltye Triage - Drood with lvl12 pet.
Revoltix - untemped Menta of Garbageness

I'm not sure why I finished yours if you cant understand....

Root is not better then stun
Green NS is not better then self debuff to DD
Yes, Green NS is better then absolutely nothing, but still doesn't take away from the post of that fire wiz is complelty low in utility and lacking compared to its counter parts.

If Eld had green stun and Runie had green debuff, then there would be no argument, but they don't. The issue is that both of them are capable of doing more dps then Wiz, and yet have more utility. Eld has stun which allows for multiple DD's before they are free and able to make their way towards caster, Runie of course, has debuff allowing DD's to hit harder. Wiz just has their DD, with the delve not being any higher then the others. While you also have other casters such as ani who do have higher delv'd DD's PLUS their ability in CC and DPS in shrooms.

You act like im asking for the stars to be realigned. I'm simply asked for this to be reviewed and possibl make fire wizards DD atleast higher in delve.

If fire wizard is as useless as you say it is, then it is working as intended. Someone has to be the worst caster class in a game. In DAOC it happens to be fire wizard.

If you want to play a RvR viable caster, play sorc, cabalist or theurg.

Fire/earth wizard has the same functional utility as a dark/supp runie instead it trades in PBT for an aoe root + bolts. Oh it can also still debuff -15 heat if it desires.

OR

Go 41 fire 35 earth. Debuff your own delve nuke which hits harder and costs less then your baseline nuke which will hit harder than a RC Rm. It also debuffs your bolts. You get a better aoe root. Better nearsight. You get to keep the top damage add which RC RM gives up. RC also completely gives up NS as they need to spec cold to reduce the variance on their baseline cold nuke.

You don't get to lead a debuff train but you still do MORE damage and have similar utility to other realms casters. I don't really see what the problem is here.
When the kids try to solo

REVOLTE wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 1:10 PM
Tigerforce wrote: should of
2. yes, fire wizard is niche. but so is void eld. and RC rm. bolters are and always will be meh. the only reason voiders are played are hib-DS setups...and RC rms happen to bring the debuff for the standard mid coldtrain. trust me, mids would LOVE to have their cold debuff somewhere else than on a bolter.

I'll take the cold debuff under SM-Darkness spec please. Thanks
Bombzz - SM

Mavella wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 7:07 PM
Fire/earth wizard has the same functional utility as a dark/supp runie instead it trades in PBT for an aoe root + bolts. Oh it can also still debuff -15 heat if it desires.

OR

Go 41 fire 35 earth. Debuff your own delve nuke which hits harder and costs less then your baseline nuke which will hit harder than a RC Rm. It also debuffs your bolts. You get a better aoe root. Better nearsight. You get to keep the top damage add which RC RM gives up. RC also completely gives up NS as they need to spec cold to reduce the variance on their baseline cold nuke.

You don't get to lead a debuff train but you still do MORE damage and have similar utility to other realms casters. I don't really see what the problem is here.

The damage is the same. I tested it.

47 Fire spec 219 DD
41 Fire 179 DD + 30% res debuff

The damage difference is minimal, and if anything your doing less DPS. Your over casting potentially Debuff while someone else is, if you are then you lost out of a DD you cld of gotten (3-400 dmg). If your finding yourself not having to cast the Debuff, then your rocking a 179 delve DD when you could of just been 47+ and rocking the 219. That's a big difference in DPS (not out right dmg).

I play both the Fire Wizard and the RC Runie, and there is no comparison here. RC is a lot better, and I don't think anyone would really dispute that. In many ways the wizard is a weird hotchpotch of a class, where the utility is all crammed into one line.

labova wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 1:20 AM
I play both the Fire Wizard and the RC Runie, and there is no comparison here. RC is a lot better, and I don't think anyone would really dispute that. In many ways the wizard is a weird hotchpotch of a class, where the utility is all crammed into one line.

Finally someone who understands and plays both. Thanks for your input