Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Killaloth wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 5:55 PM
The main reason why the smallman area don't work very well is that there is no way to signal your presence.

Perhaps we should have /2vs2 /3v3 /4v4 commands so that only other smallman can see you.

Opponents can see where you are and they would know you are around the ruins smallman area.

No signalling = no fights.

/Slash cmds are also better than something flaming on a map because again, only smallman would see them.

There are also other issues that cannot be sorted with devs work. I won't share the name of the almost rr11 skald below but I hoped that "pick any class" and "my random bard is not even on discord" sounded reasonable enough for a decent fight. Or not?


I posted the same thing in the gvg clean fight thread. The only thing I disagree on is splitting it up based on group size. I think lumping groups of 2-5 together would be better. They can just list the size of the group with it. There aren't enough small man groups to segment it by group size. This way you have more options but also have the ability to try and avoid a larger group if necessary. Personally I don't mind fighting up to 4 people as a duo and even would welcome 5 on really bad nights.

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Azuell wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 8:16 PM
Killaloth wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 5:55 PM
The main reason why the smallman area don't work very well is that there is no way to signal your presence.

Perhaps we should have /2vs2 /3v3 /4v4 commands so that only other smallman can see you.

Opponents can see where you are and they would know you are around the ruins smallman area.

No signalling = no fights.

/Slash cmds are also better than something flaming on a map because again, only smallman would see them.

There are also other issues that cannot be sorted with devs work. I won't share the name of the almost rr11 skald below but I hoped that "pick any class" and "my random bard is not even on discord" sounded reasonable enough for a decent fight. Or not?


I posted the same thing in the gvg clean fight thread. The only thing I disagree on is splitting it up based on group size. I think lumping groups of 2-5 together would be better. They can just list the size of the group with it. There aren't enough small man groups to segment it by group size. This way you have more options but also have the ability to try and avoid a larger group if necessary. Personally I don't mind fighting up to 4 people as a duo and even would welcome 5 on really bad nights.

+1 to this idea; especially 2-5 setups. As it is you can run around in a smallman constantly trying to dodge fgs and zergs but inevitably find almost no one to kill except occasional stragglers, soloers, or xpers. As a result smallman groups naturally get discouraged because it feels like there are no fun fights and the rps are low if any at all.

I think it would've made sense to change this at the same time as /gvg was accepted as a success. Devs essentially tried 2 ways of encouraging player-created "equal" action : designated zones and group flagging w/ displayed zone locations. Clearly /gvg was more successful, otherwise they'd take away /gvg and just say EV was the designated 8v8 zone so why not update the smallman option with the same stipulations? (you could even leave out cleanfight bonus rps, but punish any obvious abusers : e.g. sidecars using it to hunt smallmans)

I'd also add that smallman action with the flag would benefit the "casual" players. It's not nearly as hard nor as much of a time commitment to build a decent pug smallman as it is an 8-man, especially if you know there are fights to be had.

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Killaloth wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 5:55 PM
The main reason why the smallman area don't work very well is that there is no way to signal your presence.

Perhaps we should have /2vs2 /3v3 /4v4 commands so that only other smallman can see you.

Opponents can see where you are and they would know you are around the ruins smallman area.

No signalling = no fights.

/Slash cmds are also better than something flaming on a map because again, only smallman would see them.

There are also other issues that cannot be sorted with devs work. I won't share the name of the almost rr11 skald below but I hoped that "pick any class" and "my random bard is not even on discord" sounded reasonable enough for a decent fight. Or not?


Why you always attack us (Azuel and Shinie, sorc/cleric in purple and black) when you're solo haha? It doesn't seem like a fight you are going to win. You earned my respect last week when you didn't didn't help the 3-4 other hibs that jumped me after I watched your 1v1.

Obviously you can play how you want (rr10 = juicy rps for us) but just know you have a pass from us if you'd like. I'd rather fight your duo though, as a rr10 high det bm + ? (what do you normally run with?) could definitely cause problems for us.

We'll be on tonight if you want a 2v2.

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Azuell wrote:
Fri 27 Sep 2019 6:02 PM
Killaloth wrote:
Fri 20 Sep 2019 5:55 PM
The main reason why the smallman area don't work very well is that there is no way to signal your presence.

Perhaps we should have /2vs2 /3v3 /4v4 commands so that only other smallman can see you.

Opponents can see where you are and they would know you are around the ruins smallman area.

No signalling = no fights.

/Slash cmds are also better than something flaming on a map because again, only smallman would see them.

There are also other issues that cannot be sorted with devs work. I won't share the name of the almost rr11 skald below but I hoped that "pick any class" and "my random bard is not even on discord" sounded reasonable enough for a decent fight. Or not?


Why you always attack us (Azuel and Shinie, sorc/cleric in purple and black) when you're solo haha? It doesn't seem like a fight you are going to win. You earned my respect last week when you didn't didn't help the 3-4 other hibs that jumped me after I watched your 1v1.

Obviously you can play how you want (rr10 = juicy rps for us) but just know you have a pass from us if you'd like. I'd rather fight your duo though, as a rr10 high det bm + ? (what do you normally run with?) could definitely cause problems for us.

We'll be on tonight if you want a 2v2.

Your pet was in the water and I didn't know it was 2 of you. Once I came up to check I realised you were 2 but it was too late. It's a bridge so if you have a good stealther jumping on one of you you can still win. If cleric has purge down and sorc has moc down again you can still win. Very few chances but still possible and fun if it happens

Another problem is that I have a bad memory and most of the times I don't know who ppl are as I don't check or remember the names of people I killed or died to.

I duo with bards quite often, sometimes you find good lvl 48 bards, sometimes you find terrible ranked bards.

I was in 8 man yesterday but we'll meet again, I'll try to remember purple and black
Killaloth - BM very sexy
Killahot - chant #1 hib casters solo kills!1!!11!
Killaloath - Thidranki ranger #1 hib solo kills!1!!11!

Vorti/Deira: Killaloth - BM

Eagles don't fly in flocks
F. Battiato