Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Sepplord wrote:
Thu 22 Aug 2019 1:51 PM
i mentioned that i don't no what you are asking, because that explains why i am not answering your question (and maybe for you to rephrase it so you get your point across...getting your point across was the goal of your comment or why did you write it?)

I didn't expect you to be offended by me clearing up custom changes that you weren't aware of since this server is new for you.
I am more killing time, than looking for attention, but i will try and remember that you do not want to be helped in the future

you just shut the hell up and read your own replies to start with please.
i've added a freaking comment in this poll and no question.

discussion / conversation treminated, your ignorance against other players is pissing me off.

peace
Kalanag SimSalaBim | Eldrich RR7+
Ksk FacitOmniaVoluntas | Animist RR5+
Skiped Thunderer | Druid RR8+
Typ R | Bard RR6+

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

From my experience, once you get to the point where you feel the need to create a so called "designated zone" for a certain type of action, there's something structurally wrong to the degree that is way beyond coming up with this kind of solution.

Solo and smallman playstyles thrive on a stream of relatively easy to find and equally strong opponents. Problem with NF is that players can XP almost anywhere, port almost anywhere and simply roam almost anywhere.

The most obviously trafficed places usually have way too much bigboi action or simply offers way too little ambush opportunities for non visibles.

In OF you could way more reliably camp certain chokepoints as a visible solo/smallman because you could hide from FGs when playing smart and the influx of players was high enough to be worth the run because the chokepoints were often quite significant.

If this server at all wants to improve smallman/solo opportunities, consider ways to increase reliable chokepoints with ambush opportunities. In all honesty, with the porting and boat systems I just don't see how it can be done, but who knows, maybe someone else does.
Zyfrig

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Frigzy wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 10:55 PM
From my experience, once you get to the point where you feel the need to create a so called "designated zone" for a certain type of action, there's something structurally wrong to the degree that is way beyond coming up with this kind of solution.

Solo and smallman playstyles thrive on a stream of relatively easy to find and equally strong opponents. Problem with NF is that players can XP almost anywhere, port almost anywhere and simply roam almost anywhere.

The most obviously trafficed places usually have way too much bigboi action or simply offers way too little ambush opportunities for non visibles.

In OF you could way more reliably camp certain chokepoints as a visible solo/smallman because you could hide from FGs when playing smart and the influx of players was high enough to be worth the run because the chokepoints were often quite significant.

If this server at all wants to improve smallman/solo opportunities, consider ways to increase reliable chokepoints with ambush opportunities. In all honesty, with the porting and boat systems I just don't see how it can be done, but who knows, maybe someone else does.

You want to play small/8 no problem.
Just stop expecting to be spoon fed a counter mirroe#’s group.

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

Frigzy wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 10:55 PM
Solo and smallman playstyles thrive on a stream of relatively easy to find and equally strong opponents. Problem with NF is that players can XP almost anywhere


Do you not see the problem with these two sentences?
7,881,878 | 4,708,489 | 3,049,781

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 11:47 PM
Frigzy wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 10:55 PM
Solo and smallman playstyles thrive on a stream of relatively easy to find and equally strong opponents. Problem with NF is that players can XP almost anywhere


Do you not see the problem with these two sentences?

the problem I see, is that it somehow implies that smallmen usually targets XPers...which isn't correct and even if it would be, it wouldn't make sense to deliver more XPers on a silver tablet to be farmed


the problem with designated zones is that they simply do not work very well.
If you make them completely unaccessible for others the Solozones becomes Champion/paladin/whatever 1vs1 class-zones, smallman-zones get one dominant group that scares all others to logg of, same with 8man-zones (though it's a bit slower there).
If they are in the open, like currently, then either above happens, or they get farmed by bigger groups because they are conveniently stacked with chanceless victims


Fostering certain playstyles is a complex topic, but imo the best way is to incentivize the playstyles. Either by additional/bigger(relatively) rewards than others, or (for the example of smallmen) by having tools available that allow fighting of bigger groups

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

The main reason why the smallman area don't work very well is that there is no way to signal your presence.

Perhaps we should have /2vs2 /3v3 /4v4 commands so that only other smallman can see you.

Opponents can see where you are and they would know you are around the ruins smallman area.

No signalling = no fights.

/Slash cmds are also better than something flaming on a map because again, only smallman would see them.

There are also other issues that cannot be sorted with devs work. I won't share the name of the almost rr11 skald below but I hoped that "pick any class" and "my random bard is not even on discord" sounded reasonable enough for a decent fight. Or not?

Killaloth - BM very sexy
Killahot - chant #1 hib casters solo kills!1!!11!
Killaloath - Thidranki ranger #1 hib solo kills!1!!11!

Vorti/Deira: Killaloth - BM

Eagles don't fly in flocks
F. Battiato

Re: EV as New Solo/Small & 8man

I would love a smallman command like that. I can probably count on 1 hand the number of 2v2s I've gotten in the last month. Not that I mind fighting against larger numbers, but it's nice to have some balanced engagements sometimes.

I'll probably be on tonight so I guess I'll keep an eye on the discord if anyone's trying to get some fights going, never really seen other people trying to use that method before now for duos/smallman fights.