Why sry to ask

Started 16 Jul 2021
by mmartin13
in Ask the Team
Just have to ask i know all you and your staff are doing alot to keep this game running must be alot off work.
Still i cant forget one thing if your Uthred have admins ther got time to look at the game world Chat 24/7.
why is ther not time to look at more importen ingame problems from ther side ingame ?.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 6:16 AM by Sepplord
i doubt they monitor the chat 24/7, any source for that?
and they play the game too, seeing chat going sideways is something you see while playing the game, and using the admin-console for a quick yellow message takes 5seconds

looking through code and testing fixes is a completely different matter and also requires a completely different skillset. The staff probably has people who give their design ideas and put in time for community management while not being involved in the coding side at all. And there are probably also different fields within the "coding" part too, where one fix/bug would be completely out of scope for one person, despite them being able to fix issues on other ends of the server
Fri 16 Jul 2021 6:33 AM by Beckett
What Sepplord says is essentially correct.
Monitoring the chat is a side issue, and is something that I personally just keep an eye on as I am doing other stuff in game or idling watching TV. I dont read the vast majority of the various chat messages that scroll up the screen, when it starts going "wonky" it usually stands out and my attention becomes more focused. This then drags me away from whatever I am doing/the issue I am looking at because it needs to be addressed. Dealing with it can take anywhere from 5s to 30 mins or more depending on the situation.
Fri 16 Jul 2021 10:09 AM by Gloti
And at last: its not their job its their hobby. But I think they make a good job which isnt a job you know.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics