Shroom lifespan, esp. tanglers

Started 7 Jun 2021
by Lynee
in Ask the Team
Since fire-and-forget pet duration has been nerfed on Alb (Mid doesn't have any) to 30s I would like to suggest a similar duration decrease for animist pets.

Animist pets are stronger than theurg pets as in autonomously seeking new targets constantly throughout their 2 min lifespan. Especially with tanglers this can be an issue when the tanglers keep rooting people who have no ranged means to kill or CC them so the tanglers just keep rooting the next person coming into range. The low profile of the shrooms make them hard to see and thus it's easy to tap into that trap.

A reduction of pet life and/or a reduction of root spell would help with this.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 1:26 PM by easytoremember
If you reduce the duration of tanglers they should have their original targeting behavior restored
Mon 7 Jun 2021 1:52 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Animist pets are able to mezzed, stunned, and do not move; they are already weaker than Theurg pets.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 4:39 PM by omicidi
Animist pets and theurg pets are not in the same league.

I would agree that tangler pets should have a duration reduction. That way it forces hibs to make a play within a smaller window. I also think 30 seconds is more than enough time for a root pet to be on the ground.

But I’d rather fight an animist than a theurg.
Mon 7 Jun 2021 9:29 PM by Noashakra
problem is not the tangler, it's the tangler + debuff mentalist
Fri 11 Jun 2021 11:38 AM by Talo
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 7 Jun 2021 1:52 PM
Animist pets are able to mezzed, stunned, and do not move; they are already weaker than Theurg pets.
Shrooms are not single target. Change it to be used up if tangler got a target if u want fair compairison.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics