Re: Scouts

Increase melee dmg table, add higher/gr spec thrust anytimer, change beartooth/riposte to bleed instead of stun. Add ASR to baseline slash.

Class fixed.

Interesting that a lot of people who played Scouts on Live, soon realised that on Phoenix, Scouts were junk and played Infis instead. The volley nerf should really show people that Archers on Phoenix are beyond salvation. For Devs to say that they wanted to encourage people NOT to play Rangers is kind of insulting to those who took the time to level and temp and hone their game play. But there you go, Phoenix does seem to be changing into a Pound Shop/Dime Store WoW.....and to those that complain about Archers adding etc.........the reason why is right here in all the comments about what needs to be done to save Archers. But like I said, the Archer class is pretty much beyond saving at this time on Phoenix.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I believe that there is a lot of good and valid suggestions in this thread.

My thoughts on archery classes, would be to reduce or remove variance damage for archery damage, increase the damage table for bow damage based on skill points i.e. higher skill higher damage.

Implement penetrating shot again to its original state.

rework the crush/slash/thrust resist table for arrows.

Look again at the caster ABS debuff, atm they absorb equal to or more than plate armor.. seems some what off.

I do not believe that they should increase the melee damage table if they increase the bow damage table.

Watika comes with a lot of valid points, I just hope some of this will change, I love my scout and will not abandon it.

Klasker wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 11:50 AM
Look again at the caster ABS debuff, atm they absorb equal to or more than plate armor.. seems some what off.

You're crazy. Casters with just their personal absorb buff don't mitigate anywhere close to plate. You realize most, if not all, casters can spec PD right?

Hattrick wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 12:40 PM
Klasker wrote:

You're crazy. Casters with just their personal absorb buff don't mitigate anywhere close to plate. You realize most, if not all, casters can spec PD right?

Thats true, it might be overkill to review the absorb debuff, in my experience on killing casters, is just that my damage is low, i.e. taking off 25-30% on critshot, maybe its due to variance instead.

Klasker wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 12:50 PM
Hattrick wrote:
Tue 4 May 2021 12:40 PM
Klasker wrote:

Thats true, it might be overkill to review the absorb debuff, in my experience on killing casters, is just that my damage is low, i.e. taking off 25-30% on critshot, maybe its due to variance instead.

The more likely explanation is your targets have specced into the RA Physical Defense to some extent and that RA can provide up to 30% resistance against physical damage.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the personal absorb shield is not that great. On my BD last night, I was killed in a single perf chain (3 attacks) by a NS. My BD is not fully temped but does have capped physical resists. I have no points in PD and I was just running pot buffs at the time and I was still killed in 3 attacks. That wouldn't happen if the absorb shield was as good as you think it is.