Static Tempest

Started 18 Jan 2021
by Lynee
in Ask the Team
A lot of Static Tempests are thrown around lately, which is a very fine and useful realm ability. However, would it be possible to make it not stack? It's resetting stun immunity so it can be followed up with a longer duration stun. When they are stacked the overlapping stun ticks hold everyone in place for the full duration of the overlap, which is at least twice as long as any long duration single target stun in the case of simultaneously dropped STs. In tight quarters the chance to counter this is practically zero (even when healers are safe).
Thanks for your efforts
Mon 18 Jan 2021 8:04 AM by gotwqqd
Lynee wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:22 AM
A lot of Static Tempests are thrown around lately, which is a very fine and useful realm ability. However, would it be possible to make it not stack? It's resetting stun immunity so it can be followed up with a longer duration stun. When they are stacked the overlapping stun ticks hold everyone in place for the full duration of the overlap, which is at least twice as long as any long duration single target stun in the case of simultaneously dropped STs. In tight quarters the chance to counter this is practically zero (even when healers are safe).
Thanks for your efforts
Maybe they need to make stuns work on players like they do mobs
Mon 18 Jan 2021 9:28 AM by Sepplord
It's going to get worse with the kit upgrades of thanes, friars and especially Mentalists
Tue 19 Jan 2021 7:34 AM by inoeth
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 18 Jan 2021 9:28 AM
It's going to get worse with the kit upgrades of thanes, friars and especially Mentalists

do you have any secret information?
Tue 19 Jan 2021 9:09 AM by Sepplord
Just open source information
mentalist got resi-debuffs and nearsight
Friars got grp-endurance
thanes got dashing defense and benefit from the triple-debuffs implementation

In general, those calsses got more attractive to play, so i would expect to see more of them, which will also make them more seen in the zerg
Tue 19 Jan 2021 11:47 AM by Noashakra
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 9:09 AM
Just open source information
mentalist got resi-debuffs and nearsight
Friars got grp-endurance
thanes got dashing defense and benefit from the triple-debuffs implementation

In general, those calsses got more attractive to play, so i would expect to see more of them, which will also make them more seen in the zerg

In a useless niche spec that nobody plays because you lose the pet, your spec DD and your you would need an eld who would also lose his Near Sight and tool kit to do energy damage...
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:17 PM by Sepplord
Noashakra wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 11:47 AM
In a useless niche spec that nobody plays because you lose the pet, your spec DD and your you would need an eld who would also lose his Near Sight and tool kit to do energy damage...

Because all mentalist are light specc, especially the ones in the zerg
And a healspecc that can debuff their own basenukes by 50% and get a blue NS also is a quite loaded kit

You can downplay it all you want, just because some fotm group dismisses something as useless after paperDAoCing the change, doesn't mean it has no impact on the classes population.
Even you can't deny that the change surely won't decrease the mentalist population. Assuming there will be more after adding so many tools to a class isn't far fetched.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:38 PM by inoeth
actually i doubt that these changes change the meta alot.
body train is still best for alb
heat train is still best for hibs
ok in mid spirit/energy trains become viable but i dont think that mids will take a thane over a warrior even though they got DD now
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:39 PM by DJ2000
The majority of the Zerg Mentalist are Mana, and remain Mana. They just take the free NS and free 12% debuff and are happy.

A 8v8 Grp would have a Mentalism/Light/Mana 47/10/24 for the 40% debuff. There would be no need for the Eld to switch to Void, he remains Light/Mana.
But keep in mind that the Eld is not the DPS in that setup, just as he wasn't the DPS in the Heat Variant.

Barebone Setup goes something like this:
Heat/Cold -> Debuff: Enchanter, Utility+Base: Eldritch, DPS: Mentalist
Energy/Body -> Debuff: Mentalist, Utility+Base: Eldritch, DPS: Animist

Did these changes decrease the Menta pop? Obviously not.
Did they increase it short term (total/%)? Most likely yes.
Did they also increase it long term (total/%)? I doubt it.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 9:18 PM by eiman
so to get back on the topic, when you get 2 or more ST drop on you you you are getting stunlockt for 15-30 sec´s and stun lock belongs in WoW not in DAoC IMO.
fighting in tower/keep and all you can do for that time is to take one step and then you are stun again, all you can do is to pray that they dont push and that your healers have power.
Sat 23 Jan 2021 11:37 PM by Sagz
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:38 PM
actually i doubt that these changes change the meta alot.
body train is still best for alb
heat train is still best for hibs
ok in mid spirit/energy trains become viable but i dont think that mids will take a thane over a warrior even though they got DD now

Beg to differ, Menty, Animist, Eld is in a good spot right now

Mentalist 47 mentalist, 24 mana, rest light (if you want a pet even thoughts is grey)
Eld 48 mana 24 light, disease and high dmg baseline nuke, plus pbaoe for the pet clear str/con debuff
Animist 48 arb 25 creep insane dmg bombers and LT all debuffed and tanglers galore with an ichor rest and the con debuff

Mentalist debuffs body/energy/spirit now in 1 spell, NS and has a pretty decent emergency heal (400+) 2 baseline nukes with eld and menty is energy dmg. animist bombers (highest delve) is body and the LT is energy. My RR3 animist casted 2 bombers and a LT the damage was 480, 480 and 340 , now add the menty and eld nuking the damage is pretty solid. That's with the 40%, wait till it goes to 50%, it will be better than the body train just for that reason since they are keeping the 40% alb (totally nonsense i know)

In that group you get 2 ichors to reset tanglers and an ST, it a pretty tough setup, far better than the heat train now anyway.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics