Any plans to change Animist root?

Started 8 Jan 2021
by Ironicles
in Ask the Team
On live servers, the Animist root in instant. On here, it is a bomber. This was changed on live after years of begging by the Animist community, to put them more in line with other classes for RvR. And it made things a lot better. This single change would make them somewhat viable in solo RVR even. I'm not sure if I am writing this in the correct place, but what are your thoughts on this potentially happening in the future? Because other classes have gotten more live-like features to QoL issues in undesired specs/skills (Earth Wizards come to mind), this is something a lot of Animists would love and wouldn't be over powered.
Fri 8 Jan 2021 1:20 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Just to clarify, by "instant" you mean it functions like most other roots, with a cast time and then an instant effect, not a true instant spell?
Fri 8 Jan 2021 1:40 AM by daytonchambers
Ironicles wrote:
Fri 8 Jan 2021 1:00 AM
On live servers, the Animist root in instant. On here, it is a bomber. This was changed on live after years of begging by the Animist community, to put them more in line with other classes for RvR. And it made things a lot better. This single change would make them somewhat viable in solo RVR even. I'm not sure if I am writing this in the correct place, but what are your thoughts on this potentially happening in the future? Because other classes have gotten more live-like features to QoL issues in undesired specs/skills (Earth Wizards come to mind), this is something a lot of Animists would love and wouldn't be over powered.

The bomber aoe in the Creep spec line is amazing. You can cast it on a fleeing target and said target will drag that root back to their group and lock down multiple targets, instead of just catching one overextended tank that will just shrug it off anyways thanks to det/stoicism.

At short range both the single target as well as the aoe act almost identical to the casted/quickcasted root of any other list caster for all intent and purpose.

This does not need a change.
Fri 8 Jan 2021 9:36 PM by Ironicles
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Fri 8 Jan 2021 1:20 AM
Just to clarify, by "instant" you mean it functions like most other roots, with a cast time and then an instant effect, not a true instant spell?

Yes, sorry I forgot to specify! Cast time is the same as it currently is but instead of a bomber going out to root the target and sometimes taking several seconds to do that, just have the root be identical to other classes rooting.

To the comment above this about liking the current way it is, that situation you mentioned would be valuable maybe less than 1% of the time (not used as much) where as the suggestion and I and many others have been asking for Endgame would be beneficial 99% or more of the time. But even in that case, at least make the single target like other classes, although AOE would be just as good too IMO.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics