New Server with ML and Atlantis

Started 1 Jan 2021
by Germanknight
in Ask the Team
Hello Staff and happy new Year.

My question is , can you open a new server in the Future with ML and Atlantis ? or is it Too much work ? I think its really much work.
All the changes in recent times have given the current high rr quite some advantages up to the current patch level for some classes.
I would like to start over.
Maybe start a survey beforehand. The ML should perhaps be simplified a little so that only the last step has to be done.

Grüße
Fri 1 Jan 2021 5:22 PM by Xinlitik
Respectfully, ToA is what made a lot of people quit the game. It would be cool to have some of the boss fights be ported in as a feather instance, but any new grind (e.g. master levels or artifacts) would kill it for a lot of people.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:37 AM by Simon73
Xinlitik wrote:
Fri 1 Jan 2021 5:22 PM
Respectfully, ToA is what made a lot of people quit the game. It would be cool to have some of the boss fights be ported in as a feather instance, but any new grind (e.g. master levels or artifacts) would kill it for a lot of people.

Not that true, Daoc started ML's in what? 2004? And population kept playing for quite a long time (and still are..).

Regarding ML's, at the beginning there was no clue on how to do encounters, now after 15 years doing ML and exping artifacts is a breeze.
Not saying that i want them (even if my warden would be happy, with TOA it's so much better than classic one), but i can't be negative about Toa.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 3:56 PM by Germanknight
The grind was the rolls farming and levln of the artes and waiting for the encounter for the arte to get the arte.
But the Time in 2004 or 05 or 06 dont know when toa was released it was very Fun to explore the new Place there.
And there was still an underwater world.
You don't have to take over everything, just what you want from toa.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:23 PM by Xinlitik
Simon73 wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:37 AM
Xinlitik wrote:

Not that true, Daoc started ML's in what? 2004? And population kept playing for quite a long time (and still are..).

Regarding ML's, at the beginning there was no clue on how to do encounters, now after 15 years doing ML and exping artifacts is a breeze.
Not saying that i want them (even if my warden would be happy, with TOA it's so much better than classic one), but i can't be negative about Toa.

Look at the population chart and decide for yourself.. population fell off a cliff circa 2004 TOA
http://gaheris.net/art/mmo-population-graph.png
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:28 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Xinlitik wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:23 PM
Look at the population chart and decide for yourself.. population fell off a cliff circa 2004 TOA

And WoW releasing at the same time had no influence on population at all, right?
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:33 PM by Xinlitik
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:28 PM
Xinlitik wrote:

And WoW releasing at the same time had no influence on population at all, right?

People dont quit games they enjoy.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:48 PM by The Skies Asunder
From a personal prospective, the time from Catacombs release through Darkness Rising just before LoTM, was my favorite era of DAoC. I believe it was the most well balanced up to that point as well (I have no idea how well Live is balanced for the last 6 years or so). I personally loved ToA, but I do fully understand why some people hate it. The original grind is entirely unwanted, but whenever the doors do close on this version of Phoenix, I would happily play a ToA version if this team was behind its design.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 6:19 PM by Astaa
Nope.
Sat 2 Jan 2021 10:50 PM by Stoertebecker
Xinlitik wrote:

We have no ToA here and ppl quit playing on this server. So what is your point?
Sun 3 Jan 2021 2:39 PM by Sagz
Germanknight wrote:
Fri 1 Jan 2021 12:12 PM
Hello Staff and happy new Year.

My question is , can you open a new server in the Future with ML and Atlantis ? or is it Too much work ? I think its really much work.
All the changes in recent times have given the current high rr quite some advantages up to the current patch level for some classes.
I would like to start over.
Maybe start a survey beforehand. The ML should perhaps be simplified a little so that only the last step has to be done.

Grüße

I would be all for adding the zones, but I would say make them Mordred style zones.

But IF they did, and i said IF....
i would be ...OK?....maybe......with adding the ML and artifacts, but if you make it a grind to level artifacts or do raids I am out, if you could buy em with BP/feathers/gold....sure. But I do not think the custom balancing they have done would not allow that.
Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:22 AM by JamesFullard
respectfully, isn't the whole reason most of us are on this server in the first place was to get away from the ToA nonsense? If ToA was so good, wouldn't it be simpler to just play live?
Wed 6 Jan 2021 9:24 PM by The Skies Asunder
JamesFullard wrote:
Wed 6 Jan 2021 12:22 AM
respectfully, isn't the whole reason most of us are on this server in the first place was to get away from the ToA nonsense? If ToA was so good, wouldn't it be simpler to just play live?

ToA is not the only difference between Live and Phoenix.
Thu 7 Jan 2021 3:55 PM by inoeth
Xinlitik wrote:
Simon73 wrote:
Xinlitik wrote:

funny how you disproove yourself.
toa was released october 2003 and if you take a close look population actually raised a bit after that. wow was realeased november 2004 and look what happened its the exact point where ppl left daoc.

btw interesting how warhammer online really went through the roof and soon after nearly died, well concept was great but circle raiding for equipment sucked
Thu 7 Jan 2021 7:31 PM by JamesFullard
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Wed 6 Jan 2021 9:24 PM
JamesFullard wrote:

But its one of the BIG ones
Sun 17 Jan 2021 3:34 PM by Sagz
Xinlitik wrote:

Well....not really, people did not leave because of the TOA and the Artifacts, they left because the insanely stupid grind to get those items. I personally left about when TOA came out for that reason, I was not farming scrolls for days, just get activate the artifact AFTER I had to actually DO the encounter, then had to PVE TO LEVEL the artifact. That in itself was dumb. Especially for those that leveled a character at release, it actually did take time to do it.

If you could buy them, already leveled etc with BPS/feathers/gold etc it would not be at all that bad. I came back for classic, then when they moved it to Ywain, I just bought everything and it was no big deal, (except leveling some of them was tedious) but not nearly as bad.

Again, I am not saying they SHOULD do it, I am just saying I would not complain as much because its just buying items like the TG/Galla/Sidi vest etc. Just dont add everything, I think there are some that could be left out and some that could be used here (both artifacts and MLs).

But if anything, the zones would be fun to play around in, should make those mordred events, or mordred style zones with BOSS mobs for the gear, like TG/Galla/Sidi. I miss wiping an ML raid hahaha
Sun 17 Jan 2021 5:04 PM by Takii
Xinlitik wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:33 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 2 Jan 2021 5:28 PM
Xinlitik wrote:

People dont quit games they enjoy.

??? Yes they do if something new comes along, especially in the MMO space where people move in groups and the early days of an MMO are generally the most active. I don't understand how you can look at that chart and come to the conclusion that the drop in Q4 2004 was somehow not mostly caused by WoW's Nov 2004 launch?
Sun 17 Jan 2021 6:45 PM by Hodge
You could always have them level up using rps or bounty points.
Sun 17 Jan 2021 7:05 PM by Stoertebecker
JamesFullard wrote:
Thu 7 Jan 2021 7:31 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:
JamesFullard wrote:

ToA on live has absolutely no effect anymore if it comes to rvr. You can buy all the toa stuff for bp , glass etc.
If you login on live after 2,3, 5 or more years you get enough scrolls to get your Masterlevels, Championlevels etcetc. There is no grind anymore.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 6:12 PM by tyrantanic
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 17 Jan 2021 7:05 PM
JamesFullard wrote:
Thu 7 Jan 2021 7:31 PM
The Skies Asunder wrote:
JamesFullard wrote:

ToA on live has absolutely no effect anymore if it comes to rvr. You can buy all the toa stuff for bp , glass etc.
If you login on live after 2,3, 5 or more years you get enough scrolls to get your Masterlevels, Championlevels etcetc. There is no grind anymore.

The only grind left on Live is RR14. Everything, PvE-wise, can be purchased with BPs which are easily obtainable as stated above. The main issue facing Live is an incompetent development team that operates at an absolute minimum in terms of output (patches, bug fixes, events, etc).

ToA could be implemented on this server; however, the only reason to do so would be to add another arsenal of abilities whether it be through MLs and/or Artifacts. This can be great for changing the meta but would require some customization and rebalancing to fit in on Phoenix. It's probably more work than it's worth tbh.

Like others have suggested, I think adding the PvE encounters for additional feathers could be fun to break up the current stale raid schedule. Perhaps a BP multiplier could be introduced like the XP multiplier from DS providing incentive to do the encounters but not making them a requirement.
Mon 18 Jan 2021 7:09 PM by borodino1812
I don't think there are enough players for an additional server.

Please no forced PvE to remain competitive in RvR.
Tue 19 Jan 2021 12:01 AM by Takii
Yeah to get back to the actual topic... it would be difficult to overstate how much the original poster underestimates the amount of work that would be required for this...
Tue 19 Jan 2021 10:28 AM by SaintRon
inoeth wrote:
Thu 7 Jan 2021 3:55 PM
Xinlitik wrote:
Simon73 wrote:
Xinlitik wrote:

funny how you disproove yourself.
toa was released october 2003 and if you take a close look population actually raised a bit after that. wow was realeased november 2004 and look what happened its the exact point where ppl left daoc.

btw interesting how warhammer online really went through the roof and soon after nearly died, well concept was great but circle raiding for equipment sucked

A new xpac dropped ... of course population raised a bit. We have like 20 years of MMORPG knowledge and you think that the population rising a bit after an xpac launches means it's a good xpac?

You're so wrong I'd laugh at you for saying that in person.

ToA ruined the game for a lot of people.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Ask the Team or the latest topics